• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
That's pretty big. QANTAS has been a really good sponsor for the Wallabies, a national airline is a useful sponsor (less so with travel banned). Will be very curious to see who we replace them with.

Soooooo, can Folau come back?

Daugunu + Koro + Folau would be Chieka's wet dream as we'd be force to run it out from 22 no matter what.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
– No set competition format for 2021.
– No broadcasting deal.
– Player pay agreement due to expire.
– Rugby Championship still not settled.
– Can’t find a permanent CEO.
– And now no major sponsor.

Seems there is some work to be done!

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
– No set competition format for 2021.
– No broadcasting deal.
– Player pay agreement due to expire.
– Rugby Championship still not settled.
– Can’t find a permanent CEO.
– And now no major sponsor.

Seems there is some work to be done!
Who’s going to be sponsoring the AB’s after the AIG deal expires?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well that’s my point but it’s different when the sponsor has an actual conflict of interest with the Wallabies.

I would hope there’s no token Force players.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It actually surprised me that Qantas sponsorship was only worth $5m, or was that just the cash component? Whatever Twiggy puts in will go straight into the till, ok maybe some weights as well.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
RA CEO Rob Clarke should give a gee up speech to his alma mater - Shore - recently in the press for bad behaviour - as a fund raiser for RA

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah tom decent reports it.

I guess it is possible that they will swoop in and know that RA wont say no, but its still odd (unless they're just after free press)