• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
To be completely fair there's no way a yr11 kid is smart enough to ask for all these clauses etc of their own fruition, there's someone behind the scenes pulling the strings in the wrong direction

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It has a Quade type ego all over it to me, the guy hasn't even fired a shot

Now if we have him talking about himself in the third party in interviews and about his brand we have moved into deeper levels of hell

His one ACL away from being worth a fraction of his first contract. Stupid to be chasing this kid IMO.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
To be completely fair there's no way a yr11 kid is smart enough to ask for all these clauses etc of their own fruition, there's someone behind the scenes pulling the strings in the wrong direction

Whilst he doesnt have an agent there is some guy called Steve Nasteski who the Herald variously describes as a "mysterious art dealer" or "prestige car dealer" who is allegedly close to Sua'ali'i and advising him. I suspect he might not be getting good advice given Souths have rejected the demand out of hand.

It has a Quade type ego all over it to me, the guy hasn't even fired a shot

Now if we have him talking about himself in the third party in interviews and about his brand we have moved into deeper levels of hell
I'd hold fire at the moment on the Quade ego comparisons for now at least. Everyone associated with him at Kings who I have spoken to has described him as a really humble young guy who has a lot of time for the younger kids, even volunteering to run water and coach junior ages at the school. One parent I spoke to whose son plays with him said he would be absolutely hating the publicity right now. Its second hand intel but I literally have not heard one bad thing said about the guy from anyone at Kings.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
Whilst he doesnt have an agent there is some guy called Steve Nasteski who the Herald variously describes as a "mysterious art dealer" or "prestige car dealer" who is allegedly close to Sua'ali'i and advising him. I suspect he might not be getting good advice given Souths have rejected the demand out of hand.

Which is weird because the guy is a mad Souths supporter apparently, and isnt a registered player agent so shouldnt be getting any money for outcomes

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Which is weird because the guy is a mad Souths supporter apparently, and isnt a registered player agent so shouldnt be getting any money for outcomes

Bloody hell, young talented players bring out some leaches in society, don't they? I really hope he can get some better advice than what's been published. Published by Danny Weidler, who also falls into the previously-mentioned category.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)

Yeah, I can't work out the angle on that one either. I'd be shocked if a registered agent isn't trying to give him advice free of charge in the hope of landing him as a client later however the terms that he put forward (according to media reports) are definitely non-standard so it doesn't seem that way.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

More commonly known by it's street name 'a drug dealer'.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He doesn't need the money. Dropped $12 million on a Byron Bay beachfront not long ago.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
The Aus elaborating via Matt Logue that South’s are conceding they are unlikely to re-sign him.
We just resigned Alex Johnston so I don't think we're really in the market for another winger so, combined with the fact Wayne Bennett has said Sua'ali'i is unlikely to be signed, young Joseph appears to be very much on the market. I can only imagine the get out clauses he was trying to negotiate were RWC/Olympic 7s based.

I'm not sure about the ego comments, I have heard he's a very nice kid from King's circles. I think he's been taken for a ride here.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Dope - sign him up on a few hundred k for a year or two. If he's electric keep him if not punt him back to NRL. Send him to Melbourne as well pls.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
This just sounds like someone is giving really bad advice to Joseph and his family. Yes, he's super talented, but pro Rugby or League is another thing, and he isn't there yet.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Dope - sign him up on a few hundred k for a year or two. If he's electric keep him if not punt him back to NRL. Send him to Melbourne as well pls.
He's not been playing for school. I wonder if it would be possible for a Shute Shield side to give him a go and see what happens.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
He's still signed for 3 years for infinity money, isn't he? Just sounds like he wanted a get out clause on his infinity x 2 contract extension and South's didn't bite.