• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
The optics of a group of 20-30 predominantly white men sitting at a lavish dinner at Crown drinking wine and making a key decision like this, when the game has no fucking money, are awful..

Its an easy way to keep them feeling like they're involved with the game and keeps them quiet. Hopefully with such a diverse current crop of Wallabies being of PI background, they'll want to stay engaged with RA events post retirement.

Hopefully RA uses this new colour design as a launchpad for incorporating more of the Aboriginal flair we've seen on the recent jerseys. Turned the jersey's into something quite spectacular.

Just give us a cotton jersey for the non-players!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Funny, it seems people are keen to whinge every year when the new jersey comes out. But if RA tries to engage people in that design process, also whinging.

I think it's a handy bit of media for rugby in a dead period of the pre-season - Tahs v Brumbies trial was to be on this weekend, but cancelled, so not much else to talk about. And if they're making an effort to listen to the rugby community on something like this, good on them.

I couldn't care less what shade of yellow/gold it is. I'd much rather have a winning team.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hopefully RA uses this new colour design as a launchpad for incorporating more of the Aboriginal flair we've seen on the recent jerseys. Turned the jersey's into something.

No thanks - happy to keep that for the theme events.

Keep the national jersey clean and simple.
We don’t need a green version.
Gold not yellow.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The optics of a group of 20-30 predominantly white men sitting at a lavish dinner at Crown drinking wine and making a key decision like this, when the game has no fucking money, are awful..

better optics then them writing an open letter criticizing the game. Poido just posted in his linked in a positive comment about rugby Australia for the first time in a very long time.

For the sake of a few contra wines and steaks, it's not bad...

dru

Tim Horan (67)
better optics then them writing an open letter criticizing the game. Poido just posted in his linked in a positive comment about rugby Australia for the first time in a very long time.

For the sake of a few contra wines and steaks, it's not bad.

But does say something about the WB "Great" twats that need to be pacified this way. RA are going the right thing, it is still pity.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The colour of the jersey is also something people care an irrationally large amount about.

This has been a good series of content in terms of media attention, buy-in from former Wallabies and the public through various online polls at a time when there wouldn't be much else in the media.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It’s rather interesting to watch, In previous years design and colour of the jersey has been decided by the marketing team and jersey manufacture and no one bats any eyelid.

This year they invite a group of players, who actually earned the right to wear the jersey to vote and provide feedback, and people are in uproar about it.

Shit extend this kind of decision to the public and you’ll get Jersey McJerseyFace designs chosen.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It’s rather interesting to watch, In previous years design and colour of the jersey has been decided by the marketing team and jersey manufacture and no one bats any eyelid.

This year they invite a group of players, who actually earned the right to wear the jersey to vote and provide feedback, and people are in uproar about it.

Shit extend this kind of decision to the public and you’ll get Jersey McJerseyFace designs chosen.

This.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
No thanks - happy to keep that for the theme events.

Keep the national jersey clean and simple.
We don’t need a green version.
Gold not yellow.

I want a gold indigenous jersey with green highlight, the opposite colour scheme to the current one. I also only want a wallaby symbol and the coat of arms, no flags.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
**Breaking News**

Rugby Australia Announce Huge New Sponsorship Deal

--SMH--

The Australian Rugby Union have today announced a groundbreaking multi-year jersey sponsorship deal with Internet giant "instagram".

"The new jersey reflects our huge fucken enormous new sponsorship deal as well as paying homage to our aboriginal roots" announced new Rugby Australia social media kingpin Mr W.Aiopehuoldboy. "All my fellow aussie boofheads should all rush the fuck out to the shops and buy this awesome fucken rugby jersey right away".

ausrugbyjersey.png
$3.99 O.N.O
creditcards1.gif

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
I had a look at a rugby.com.ah article this morning suggested profit would be split between the Lions and SA, no mention of financial benefit for AUS. Maybe they’re paying a straight fee upfront? Wasn’t sure what to make of it......