• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)
Yep, you're missing the bleeding obvious.

Jones is obviously being developed and groomed to take over from Gibson in 2019 :p

cant decide if that would be:
A) a terrible idea
B) what the NSWRU & the tahs deserve
C) not half bad
D) if they should give him a board position
E) whether it's worth it if it gets him off the radio

half

Alan Cameron (40)
cant decide if that would be:
A) a terrible idea
B) what the NSWRU & the tahs deserve
C) not half bad
D) if they should give him a board position
E) whether it's worth it if it gets him off the radio

E) whether it's worth it if it gets him off the radio====== yes yes yes

Then there is

[F} Most of the above, except C.

T

TOCC

Craig Frawley QRU Chairman" To be really honest, we should not be that proud or ignorant to not look at what works in New Zealand from a governance point of view, from the way they co-ordinate the coaches and develop their coaches, the way they contract, all of those sorts of things.

“All I know is that it seems to work over there. There’s different dynamics here and different codes but sometimes I think that’s used as a bit of a cop-out.

“So there are a lot of things that can be done now, that need to be done now. We need self-interest, vested interest and egos parked at the door. We represent the code, we’re the custodians of the code and if we’re going into these meetings with self-interest, we should be sacked. Or we should step down because we’re not doing the right thing.”

https://myaccount.news.com.au/theau...0c058bc2b606340c20a6d24357f&memtype=anonymous

You think the worm may have turned with comments like these, but actions need to reflect the words

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yep, you're missing the bleeding obvious.

Jones is obviously being developed and groomed to take over from Gibson in 2019 :p

Either that or someone at HQ thinks this is a marketing masterstroke to promote the Ba Baas game.
Maybe it is hoped it will buy his silence on governance and national coaching issues - he has hooked into Patsy and Cheika in the past.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone know what the "ARU National Competitions Conference" is? Apparently is on at the moment, or starts today.

L

Leo86

quality involvement. Thanks

Sorry that was a dig at other states being overlooked for Japan

But i assume if this meeting has anything to do with Super than Japan will now have to be included in all talks.

And saying "competitions" could be NRC, sevens, Womens rugby, 10s. But i honestly havent heard or seen anything so just speculation. i hope it is to do with NRC personally and what to do in regaining or getting a new major sponsor. i like the NRC and want to see it succeed

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I only know about it because Darling Downs Rugby posted something on their instagram about it. So it's not about Super Rugby.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Okay, a bit of speculation. Have there been any hints of reviving the Australian Rugby Shield?

Might tie in with a Downs/Qld Country theme. I know there have been clamourings for more to be happening for country rugby and smaller states. Out of interest, the Victorian Axemen have also apparently been revived recently.

There are a few more cynical musings I could trot out here, but will keep those under my tinfoil hat for now. :)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Front page of today's Sydney Morning Herald.

DE9mgO2WAAApMmV.jpg:large

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
This is sounding good:

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/07/18/03/36/kafer-whitaker-coach-development

One of the things that might be making the NZ Super teams so good, and thus, the AB's, is the fact that they collaborate really well. Perhaps a super team in NZ doesn't just have it's own strengths to draw upon, but the strengths of all the super sides in NZ. Together, maybe they make each individual team better than it would be otherwise - through collaboration.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
This is sounding good:

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/07/18/03/36/kafer-whitaker-coach-development

One of the things that might be making the NZ Super teams so good, and thus, the AB's, is the fact that they collaborate really well. Perhaps a super team in NZ doesn't just have it's own strengths to draw upon, but the strengths of all the super sides in NZ. Together, maybe they make each individual team better than it would be otherwise - through collaboration.

That's literally the model they use in NZ.