• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championship 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baldingwingforward

wasnt a red

Was a red mate - for headbutting! All class. For such a good player he does some stupid things. He also got in a scuffle with the Iggies 15 and pulled his jersey over his head. Roods is a class act but needs to rein in his aggression.

T

TOCC

what team are you guys talking about, is this the Australian schoolboys team?

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
I am still not certain of the actual President's XV make-up. But I had a look at the Australian Schools' Rugby site. On the calendar section they said this game is part of a double header played at Knox against the touring Samoan and Fiji sides. It also said that "WAITARA RAILWAY STATION IS JUST NEXT TO THE FIELD.". I knew there may have been some issues with the BER, but the largesse that must have allowed Knox to expand two suburbs is truly impressive!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Was a red mate - for headbutting! All class. For such a good player he does some stupid things. He also got in a scuffle with the Iggies 15 and pulled his jersey over his head. Roods is a class act but needs to rein in his aggression.

I was of the impression that there was an agreement between all sporting bodies to recognise cross code judiciary findings. ie a Red card (and x week ban) for Club Water polo should mean that the boy is unable to play SJRU club rugby, School Rugby, and Club League until the Water Polo ban has been served.

I suspect that this supposed agreement is honoured more in the breach than observance.

Can anyone confirm if this alleged disciplinary agreement is real?

I would hate to think that my boys are playing rugby against kids who are serving a long ban from another code for whatever indiscretion.

I imagine that it would be hard to coordinate this across codes, state lines and between schools and clubs within a code.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
The Samoans have started their tour well.

Samoan Schools 57 (Oneone Soisoi 2, Robert Lilomaiava 2, Samoa Toloa 2, Utu Poliko 2, Saena Vili tries; Utu Poliko 6 conversions)

defeated

NSW COUNTRY 3 (Jack Rixon penalty)

http://austschools.rugbynet.com.au/default.asp?id=172869

SAMOA TOUR MATCH 1 v NSW COUNTRY SCHOOLS

Saturday, 28 August 2010

HUNTER VALLEY GRAMMAR SCHOOL MAITLAND

A beautiful day in a beautiful arena. The locals are out in force including the wonderful people from the Newcastle-Hunter Samoan Association. Their elders address the crowd before the match and the anthems are followed by a powerful Siva Tau from a touring group of players who (all but one) have just made their first ever plane trip.

The Country team start well but find it difficult to get the ball. They are tackling well and receive some possession through penalties.

In one area they dominate and this is in the scrum. Samoa have a lot of homework to do in this tour.

4 min. Samoa are quickly on the scoreboard. Inside centre Lilomaiava with good support scores and winger Poliko converts.

0 – 7

From the kick-off Samoa regain possession through flanker Gaogao, but Country captain and hooker Joshua Whale is leading the defence well and a possible repeat try is thwarted. Samoan flanker Soisoi looks to score but is held up in goal.

22 min. This same player Soisoi visits the sin-bin after a discretion close to the goal line, but Country can still not get points.

33 min. Country convert a penalty through their excellent fly-half Jack Rixon.

3 - 7

34 min. Soisoi has just returned from the ‘bin’ and is immediately the last receiver and scores near the posts. The try is unconverted.

3 -12

HALF TIME SCORE: Country 3 – Samoa 12

Unfortunately the brave and under-manned but resolute Country team cannot stop the avalanche of tries in the second half.

1 min. The Samoan backrow are all in the support team to give a try to No 12 Lilomaiava, with a second try. The winger adds the extras.

3 – 19

7 min. Soisoi scores his second under the posts and the conversion is easy.

3 - 26

9 min. The Samoans are excelling at the counter-attack, although their set-piece is limited. No 13 Vili is the next try scorer and this is converted.

3 – 33

The Country team re-group gallantly and nearly score themselves. A temporary relief to the scoring floodgates!

22 min. The goal kicker Poliko is the next to score and he adds the extras.

3 – 40

28 min. As mentioned earlier the Samoan back-row are strong. No 6 Gaogao is the main instrument in the next try to replacement speedy back Toloa. No conversion.

3 - 45

30 min. Toloa scores again after regathering a speculative kick ahead. No conversion.

3 - 50

33 min. It is fitting that the last converted try goes to winger Poliko to give him a personal tally of 22 points for the match.

3 – 57

The game was played in great spirit and while it might be said the result was expected NSW Country were valiant and determined and never gave in.

S

sportsfan

Is there any details available on the make up of the Presidents XV team?

N

no_name12

most of the team is listed on other pages. Aus A go into camp this wednesday. can't wait to make the trip to knox to watch them lay. alot of boys i think feel that they were a little hard done by by not makng the top team, although aus scoolboys tis year will be a great team. are there any players since selections stepping up in school rugby or club in nsw or qld?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I think that sportfan's point is that there is no official list, as much as we trust observer's mail.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
The lack of announcement of the make-up of the President's XV must have upset the Rugby gods. After, seemingly, endless days of sun, rain is forecast for this weekend. Typical.

Hopefully the Knox oval at Waitara is similar to their one at Warrawee where a bit of rain shouldn't adversely affect the ground or play. Though the spectators may find it a bit wet.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Hopefully the Knox oval at Waitara is similar to their one at Warrawee where a bit of rain shouldn't adversely affect the ground or play. Though the spectators may find it a bit wet.

Hold on - the Presidents XV game and the subsequent Oz A match are listed as being at the school.

Do you have a link to different info?? [The school ground gets rid of ground water pretty good these days.]

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Yes, a poor attempt at humour on my part - a late night struggling with soon to be expiring swaption valuations. My understanding is that the games will be held at the school grounds (see below: from the school's website) - Warrawee. Hopefully the rain isn't that bad though...more for the spectators point of view. Theground will be fine.
"
RUGBY
Come and see some of the best junior rugby players in the country and from the Pacific Islands with
the following games playing on Knox 1 on Saturday 4 September. A BBQ will be running whilst the
games are on.
Noon Presidents XV versus Samoa
2.00pm Australia A versus Fiji

"

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Elfster - 1st and last warning. We can't be guessing if somebody is having a prank or not.

That's our valuation. I thought you meant the Caragul grounds - not in Waitara I know - but thought you may have made an error instead of a prank.

Too precious?? Maybe so.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Who are the main chances in Aus A of making the overseas trip for Oz Schools? i belive 25 players will be touring Samoa and NZ so it would seem that some of the AusA team will be selected to tour.

U

Upright

Who are the main chances in Aus A of making the overseas trip for Oz Schools? i belive 25 players will be touring Samoa and NZ so it would seem that some of the AusA team will be selected to tour.

S goodman should be a big chance. One of a number not properly appreciated by NSW schools.

On another level who is responsible for the timing off this tour - they leave mid September for 3 weeks and return two days before HSC (NSW) begins - suspect a few with more than rugby on their mind will pass if offered.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
S goodman should be a big chance. One of a number shafted by NSW schools process.

On another level who is responsible for the timing off this tour - they leave mid September for 3 weeks and return two days before HSC (NSW) begins - suspect a few with more than rugby on their mind will pass if offered.

Thats pretty much the qld school holidays, and 4th term in queensland doesnt really count, so its good for the boys from up north.

Status
Not open for further replies.