• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championship 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

woods

Bob McCowan (2)
assuming o'sullivan is usaia?
he's playing 12 at school now, a devastating ball runner but was injured through the selection period so did not repeat his CAS straight to AUS A perfromance from last year...

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
NorthernSon

Keep the pin in. This is too hot. Don't want rugbyfan back. They are all fantastic and there are ten or so extras who could be nominated. Drop it.

R

rugbyfan

I'll always be here baby. I just think is ridiculous how spectators can completely underrate a player, and just point out the negatives of them.

Sure you can rate a player as everyone is entitled to their opinion, but their only kids, i say this to the people who focus on the negative aspects of a players game and use this negative aspect to foresee the players future in Australian Rugby.

I'm not to sure if people are aware of this, but as players progress through Colts etc, they improve and grow.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
I'm not to sure if people are aware of this, but as players progress through Colts etc, they improve and grow.

RugbyF, I look forward to that happening for those who weren't and those who were selected (at flanker) and every other position.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Let's stop talking about the selection aspect of this thread. It's getting boring and we know the views of the protagonists already.

Recent visitors to this forum may find it odd that what they may call a valid debate is quashed; but it is just our way, and if folks don't like it the alternative is obvious.

Let's look forward to the games against visiting schools teams and the tour.

In that vein I have changed the name of this thread..

I know that next year the same passions will be aroused, as they were last year, and the year before.

What is is about schoolboy rugby that polarises people so much? No don't answer that.

Good night and good luck.

R

rugby_man

I'm curious to know which players are playing club rugby, finished from school but are still 18 years of age, whether in NSW or QLD. The reason being is that if there were an Australian Under 18 side instead of a Schoolboys side, how much more talent would there be to choose from. The ones I have come up with are: (Add more if you know any please)

Ben Askew (Warringah 2nd Colts) - Wing
Liam Gill (Sunnybank 1st Grade) - Flanker
Blake Sutton (Eastwood 1st Colts) - Flyhalf
Henry Carmichael (Gordon 1st Colts) - Flyhalf
Alex Franklin (Manly 1st Colts) - Wing
Miles McCaffrey (Gordon 1st Colts) - Flanker
Bruce Satui (Eastwood 1st Colts) - Centre
Jackson Larkin (Eastwood 2nd Colts) - Number 8
Jack Sullivan (Sydney University 2nd Colts) - Wing
Matthew Garland (GPS 1st Grade) - Wing
Matt Lucas (Sunnybank 1st Grade) - Halfback
Mitchell Felsman (Brothers 1st Grade) - Fullback
Rory Callaghan (GPS 1st Colts) - Lock

woods

Bob McCowan (2)
jack sullivan plays knox 2nds...
and i'm quite sure ben askew played chs 2's his year?
but yes, its a valid point, more so for those who were underage (turning 17 instead of 18 ) in their final year of school than for those who sought other methods of education/employment
by that note from above the most important would be a 2nd year for liam gill and also carmichael, mcaffrey and sutton

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
why did my 8 turn into some stupid emoticon? its mean to say eighteen**

8 and ) make a face with sunnies. Happens to the best of posters, in future just hit edit post and put a space in between any characters that accidently make an emoticon.

T

the berries

Well thats a story in itself. It cost his parents a bomb. All paid up and then a change in venue and dates. His old man is a die hard rugby nut played for the old Merrylands club and Parra through sixties and early eighties. I am told his parents did not go to the league trials. Not very happy. But apparently Gerard is very happy with the result. Remember he played first grade colts for the woodies last year and with five brothers and sisters he could not afford to stay in the game. Sad really, but thats life. I am told league offered him an apprenticeship as a plumber and that is why he switched codes. He wanted a job for life.

O

Overseer

The Oz schools final will be shown on Foxsports July 28 at 1pm
It's a shame they are not showing both games as each was a craker.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
The Australian Schools Rugby website now indicates:

04/09/10 Double-header- Fiji vs Australia `A' & Samoa vs President's XV @ Knox Grammar School No.1

11/09/10 Fiji vs Australian Schools @ ANZ Stadium (Curtain-raiser to Bledisloe Cup)

O

Overseer

Also a test agains samoa
Australia v Samoa at TG Milner on Wed 8th

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
11/09/10 Fiji vs Australian Schools @ ANZ Stadium (Curtain-raiser to Bledisloe Cup)

Had me thinking for a moment that the Fijian national "men's" team was the one playing the Oz schools... :D

Might have made it a more even contest than it would be the case when one thinks about it...although I say Fiji 'schoolboys' would be intriguing and hopefully entertaining to watch...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Final of the Australian Schools Championships - held recently at Ballymore in Brisbane - will be shown of FoxSports, Wednesday July 28th at 1pm.

The final was contested between Queensland II and NSW II, with the Queensland second side coming out victorious.

The match features nine of the recently selected Australian Schoolboys team - eight from NSW II and only one from the tournaments premier side QLD II.

Keebra Park High School playmaker Dion Taumata is the only member of Queensland II’s Championship team to have won selection in the Australian Schoolboys squad, however six of his teammates have been named in the Australian Schoolboys A squad which will play Fiji on 4 September in Sydney.

T

Thismybrotha

Um are you sure about that date and time? Because I just checked the TV guide and on FOX Sports 1 it will be AFL and Fox sports 2 will be 'general sport'

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
Um are you sure about that date and time? Because I just checked the TV guide and on FOX Sports 1 it will be AFL and Fox sports 2 will be 'general sport'

i think that will be it - it doesnt have any synopsis - its the same with the chasers return on abc next week

Status
Not open for further replies.