• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2015 ASRU Championships Results Summary:

MONDAY, 29 JUNE 2015 MATCH DAY 1 Division I Pool Matches
1000 Game 1: Div 1 VIC 17 def by NSW I 50
1130 Game 2: Div 1 CS 0 def by QLD I 43
1300 Game 3: Div 1 QLD II 30 def WA 13
1430 Game 4: Div 1 NSW II 27 def ACT 19

TUESDAY, 30 JUNE 2015 MATCH DAY 2 Division II Round Robin Matches
1130 Game 5: Div 2 NT 25 def Lloyd McDermott XV 21
1300 Game 6: Div 2 SA 77 def TAS 0

WEDNESDAY, 1 JULY 2015 MATCH DAY 3 Division I Pool Matches
1000 Game 7: Div1 WA 0 def by NSW I 76
1130 Game 8: Div 1 QLD I 55 def ACT 0
1300 Game 9: Div 1 QLD II 34 def VIC 18
1430 Game 10: Div 1 NSW II 45 def CS 17

THURSDAY, 2 JULY 2015 MATCH DAY 4
Division II Round Robin Matches
1000 Game 11: Div 2 NT 12 def by SA 43
1130 Game 13: Div 2 TAS 0 def by Lloyd McDermott XV 106

Division I Pool Matches
1000 Game 12: Div 1 ACT 19 def CS 14
1130 Game 14: Div 1 VIC 36 def WA 24
1300 Game 15: Div 1 NSW II 0 def by QLD I 20
1430 Game 16: Div 1 NSW I 31 def QLD II 11

FRIDAY, 3 JULY 2015 MATCH DAY 5 Division II Round Robin Matches
1000 Game 17: Div 2 TAS 5 def by NT 62
1130 Game 18: Div 2 SA 32 def Lloyd McDermott XV 19

SATURDAY, 4 JULY 2015 FINALS DAY
0900 Game 19: Division I: WA 28 def by Combined States 31 (7th/8th)
1015 Game 20: Division I: VIC 32 def ACT 15 (5th/6th)
1130 Game 21: Division I: QLD II 22 def NSW II 12 (3rd/4th)
1245 Game 22: Division I: NSW I 22 def QLD I 20 (1st/2nd)

Division II Champions South Australia win the Charles Blunt Trophy. Runners Up Northern Territory with the Merv Allen Plate.

Division I Champions NSW I win the BH 'Jika' Sir Edward Travers Shield.
Runners up QLD I win the Sir Edward 'Weary' Dunlop Shield.

NSW I Captain, Jack McGREGOR was awarded the RUPA award for player of the match in the final.
150708_story-embeds_300x250_RUPA-Medal-winner-2015.jpg

Pic credit and full story here: http://www.rupa.com.au/news/archive/nsw-schoolboys-star-wins-rupa-medal

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
Woulda been great to see them both in the Australian side!, I think they could have worked some magic against the kiwis, flare and speed!, you can't coach that. I'm certainly glad it came down to a qld 1 v nsw1 final, coulda gone either way may I add! Good luck to them both!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Woulda been great to see them both in the Australian side!, I think they could have worked some magic against the kiwis, flare and speed!, you can't coach that. I'm certainly glad it came down to a qld 1 v nsw1 final, coulda gone either way may I add! Good luck to them both!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
With reference to???

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah right, 2 elusive but very different players. Both really good, it would have been a hard choice to make. There must be method in their madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLS TEAM TO PLAY SAMOAN SCHOOLS
FIRST SURNAME SCHOOL
Lachlan ANDERSON Oakhill College
Harrison CHAPMAN The King’s school
Daniel ENGLAND The Scots College
Jack FARRELL Brisbane Boys’ College
Max GIRDLER The Scots College
Nathaniel GITTOES St Joseph’s College
Harrison GODDARD Oakhill College
Reece HEWAT St Joseph’s College Nudgee
Harry HOCKINGS Anglican Church Grammar School
Tom HORTON St Joseph’s College
Harry JOHNSON-HOLMES Merewether High School
Simon KENNEWELL Newington College
Jordan LENAC The Southport School
Sepesa LOGA-TAROGI Newington College
Ryan McAULAY The Scots College
Jack McGREGOR St Ignatius’ College
Will McRAE St Augustine’s College
Liam MOSLEY St Joseph’s College Nudgee
Jayden NGAMANU Brisbane Boys’ College
Dylan RILEY The Southport School
Geoffrey ROBERTSON Ipswich Grammar School
Cody WALKER Kinross Wolaroi School
Tevita WOLSKE Ipswich Grammar School

Manager John ROWNES Knox Grammar School
Coach Stephen PHILLPOTTS Brisbane Boys’ College
Asst Coach Mike WALLACE The Southport School
Asst Manager Noel GARDNER St Edmund’s College, Ipswich
Physio Tom LOMBARDO
S & C Andrew MOLONEY Anglican Church Grammar School

AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLS BARBARIANS (TWO TO BE ADDED)
FIRST SURNAME SCHOOL
Angus ALLEN The Southport School
Tyler CAMPBELL The Southport School
Harry HOOPERT Toowoomba Grammar School
Len IKITAU Brisbane Boys’ College
Joel KUCHEL Anglican Church Grammar School
Viliami LATU Illawarra Sports High School
Robert LEOTA Thornbury High School
Ryan LONERGAN Trinity Christian School
Gavin LUKA St Joseph’s Nudgee College
Efi MA’AFU Ipswich Grammar School
Sama MALOLO Randwick Boys’ High
Kalala MENI St Joseph’s Nudgee
Jack NETTLETON St Augustine’s College
Charlie SMITH The Scots College
Hamish STEWART Toowoomba Grammar School
Theo STRANG The Scots College
Darcy SWAIN Brisbane Boys’ College
Lachlan SWINTON Knox Grammar School
Kris VEVERIS Brisbane Boys’ College
Sam WALLIS Anglican Church Grammar School
Tom WRIGHT St Josephs College

Manager James TURNER St Joseph’s Gregory Terrace
Coach Jay TREGONNING Illawarra Grammar School
Asst Coach Carl MARSHALL Brisbane Grammar School
Physio Joel McPHEE
S & C Jono ROUSSETOS St Joseph’s Gregory Terrace

News at Nudgee. We all know by now that Liam Moseley NC #10 is out for the season.

<snip>

The Team Rehab Selectors have moved quickly this year, and there is still a fair bit of footy to go for AAGPS and Qld GPS.

Possibly Hamish STEWART Toowoomba Grammar School or Len IKITAU Brisbane Boys’ College to the Schoolboys, and a 10/12 from Shadow to the Barbarians.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The Team Rehab Selectors have moved quickly this year, and there is still a fair bit of footy to go for AAGPS and Qld GPS.

Possibly Hamish STEWART Toowoomba Grammar School or Len IKITAU Brisbane Boys’ College to the Schoolboys, and a 10/12 from Shadow to the Barbarians.
HJ. If they stick to their timetable they will be filling up the holes sometime in the next week or so. 2 12s needed and an outside back. My guess is Luke Lough for 12 (shadow last year) who missed this years games through injury and my smokie is Lalaga the CHS 15 who was a stand out before breaking his leg and missing the nationals. I'd have Calvin Pritchard as well but no one seems to know what he's up to.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
While it is yet to be formally announced, but his photo has been published on the internet in Sydney Stars attire, Theo STRANG from Scots College will be playing for the Sydney Stars in the NRC this season.

A big call from the Sydney Stars selectors, and a huge vote of confidence in him.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
If the earlier posts were accurate there was a 12 and 23 missing from baa baas. Just heard another outside back has done his ACL from baa baas. So we need to add another
Yeah just heard who it may be and that would mean the sevens squad may need a shadow to come in too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There was always going to be injury call ups with a squad announced so far in advance of the fixtures. Always has been and always will be.

Last year we lost Hutchison and Crichton before the NZ tour.

@10to12, I'd be surprised if Luke Lough wasn't already in the shadow list, and if he is fit, he would be a useful chap to get the call up to Schoolboy Gold. Any ideas or thoughts on who the "two to be added" to the Barbarians may be?

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
There was always going to be injury call ups with a squad announced so far in advance of the fixtures. Always has been and always will be.

Last year we lost Hutchison and Crichton before the NZ tour.

@10to12, I'd be surprised if Luke Lough wasn't already in the shadow list, and if he is fit, he would be a useful chap to get the call up to Schoolboy Gold. Any ideas or thoughts on who the "two to be added" to the Barbarians may be?
HJ I think I'll stick with the boys I mentioned. Interested in others opinions. We will know over the next week or so

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Hugh/Lee I am sure I spotted a boy that could take the Darkness head on, Jayden Sua 12 from Churchie, I think he may played 13 last year in Churchie's winning team. He absolutely destroyed Nudgee today and would be a perfect replacement for Liam Moseley who is out with a busted knee. Hits hard in defence however absolutely burns them in attack. He has played for the Bronco's U20 team this year as an U17 and apparently killing it however is now just playing GPS rugby. He is much more than a league player however, he has real sense when to run the ball and when to pass, I am just not sure if he is available to play schoolboy rep rugby. It would be a real shame if he didn't.

theman123

Peter Burge (5)
Hugh/Lee I am sure I spotted a boy that could take the Darkness head on, Jayden Sua 12 from Churchie, I think he may played 13 last year in Churchie's winning team. He absolutely destroyed Nudgee today
and would be a perfect replacement for Liam Moseley who is out with a busted knee. Hits hard in defence however absolutely burns them in attack. He has played for the Bronco's U20 team this year as an U17 and apparently killing it however is now just playing GPS rugby. He is much more than a league player however, he has real sense when to run the ball and when to pass, I am just not sure if he is available to play schoolboy rep rugby. It would be a real shame if he didn't.
HJ. If they stick to their timetable they will be filling up the holes sometime in the next week or so. 2 12s needed and an outside back. My guess is Luke Lough for 12 (shadow last year) who missed this years games through injury and my smokie is Lalaga the CHS 15 who was a stand out before breaking his leg and missing the nationals. I'd have Calvin Pritchard as well but no one seems to know what he's up to.

I thought I'll throw in a couple of name from the nsw gps 12 and outside back - Cameron Murry, James Hawkin,tyrone taukamo, clement from joey, Matt operan from kings bailey simasson,mete, will terrys.I can go on but I think this the boys are standing out so far.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
@Theman123. Some good boys in your picks however the school selectors haven't seen them play at the next level up so we might have to wait till next year to see them step up

Informed

Frank Nicholson (4)
@Theman123. Some good boys in your picks however the school selectors haven't seen them play at the next level up so we might have to wait till next year to see them step up
If what you saying is correct it would be extremely short sighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.