• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^Are any of them bad enough to miss the Tests vs NZ and Samoa?

I warned you bloody Queenslanders not to hurt the boys selected for the Aust Schoolboys in the GPS games. Now look what you have done!:) ;)

Looks like there may be some boys joining Team Rehab from down here as well. Full details unknown but a couple of names are getting mentioned in dispatches at the moment.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If what you saying is correct it would be extremely short sighted.

I think 10to12 was being very gentle: is it merely coincidence that everyone of these suggested bolters comes from a Sydney GPS school?
Only one of them got beyond GPS rep. A couple weren't in GPS sides, for various reasons.
There are kids in front of them in the pecking order and that's how it goes.

Informed

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think 10to12 was being very gentle: is it merely coincidence that everyone of these suggested bolters comes from a Sydney GPS school?
Only one of them got beyond GPS rep. A couple weren't in GPS sides, for various reasons.
There has been a precedence set in the past where boys were picked who did not play at nationals and the of GPS boys referred to is irrelevant. Luke Lough, for instance is not GPS. If selectors or coaches cannot assess players outside of the nationals they should not be involved. I stand by my comment, it would be short sighted. http://m.smh.com.au/national/stroke...ilet-for-21-hours-dies-20150814-gizjmu.htmlat the nationals.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
IS. Boys have been selected. Vic WA Qld and NSW all covered.
@ Informed you'll be glad to know the NSW boy was picked having never played in front of the selectors. Bloody good player too

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Both Tom Wright and Tom Horton of Joeys are injured with knee problems and may not be fit in time.

Murphys Law

Allen Oxlade (6)
Actually Luka fell down the stairs just before game. Disappointing for the boy and I hope he has a fast recovery in time for Schoolboys. @Rugby Follower, Su'a would be the best no12 I have seen in Qld this year. I am told his league commitments kept him out of Nationals, so lets hope selectors have been watching him.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There has been a precedence set in the past where boys were picked who did not play at nationals and the of GPS boys referred to is irrelevant. Luke Lough, for instance is not GPS. If selectors or coaches cannot assess players outside of the nationals they should not be involved. I stand by my comment, it would be short sighted. http://m.smh.com.au/national/stroke...ilet-for-21-hours-dies-20150814-gizjmu.htmlat the nationals.

That was not my point.
TheMan's nominees (a) did not include LL and (b) all came from GPS.
Picking only boys from GPS would indeed be short sighted.

theman123

Peter Burge (5)
IS- didn't mean to argue but I watch some of nsw gps game and not many standout but few I mention they should have a look at,I know one made the nsw 2 his going well but I wonder if anyone else from ISA,CAS,CHS?? That made the nsw team.

Big news another player got injuries soon to be announce.

Bismarck

Herbert Moran (7)
@theman123 - who is injured from New? Only two from New in Schoolboys are Kennewell or Sepesa. It would be a shame if it was one of them, both good players. And you are probably hoping that Tyrone gets the nod into either the shadow team or Barbarians now that Hawkins is up and Cam Murray excluded due to League?

theman123

Peter Burge (5)
@theman123 - who is injured from New? Only two from New in Schoolboys are Kennewell or Sepesa. It would be a shame if it was one of them, both good players. And you are probably hoping that Tyrone gets the nod into either the shadow team or Barbarians now that Hawkins is up and Cam Murray excluded due to League?

So they not considering Murray not fair on him considering the previous year few of the boys play both I wonder who change it.

Tyrone case good luck to him if he get the call!!

Not sure how serious the injuries yet but I think they will make a call soon not from New.
When's the test match???

Status
Not open for further replies.