• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian tour of SA

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't think enough has been made of Warner's performance in this series - against the so called #1 attack in their own backyard. Everyone said the Ashes was a one off because of how bad England was and South Africa would show up Warner especially after all the talking he did. Well...

12, 115, 70, 66, 135, 25*

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I don't think enough has been made of Warner's performance in this series - against the so called #1 attack in their own backyard. Everyone said the Ashes was a one off because of how bad England was and South Africa would show up Warner especially after all the talking he did. Well.

12, 115, 70, 66, 135, 25*

Did anyone actually say that? My only gripes with the bloke were:

a, He shoots his mouth off too much, but that's a pet hate of mine
b, He makes too few runs when the heat is on in the first innings of a test match

He'll never rectify a, because he's an epic bogan but he has sorted out b and that's to his great credit.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'd rather have Warner mouthing off than a bunch of clones too afraid to say anything. Go look at Tennis or Golf and see how boring those pricks are.

Its all part of the aggression and part of Warner's job. The only time it sucks is when we lose, because then he looks like a pillock, even if personally he makes runs.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Did anyone actually say that? My only gripes with the bloke were:

Not so much Aus fans but South African and English types. I gotta say there's nothing more satisfying in sport than seeing someone talk themselves up and then actually delivering, I bet Warner loves it as well and if that's what makes him tick keep doing it.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Also it's quite funny if you think of all the people that have retired/lost their job due to the Aussies...

Flower, Swann, Pieterson, Smith, [Kallis, (Trott)]

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Slooooooooooow going after Warner blazed into the 80s. Now it's like he's just batting time and giving a huge Fuck Off to the entire cricketing establishment in South Africa

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I don't understand why they would be slowing things up. I'd be very surprised if the run rate wasn't lifted substantially after lunch. Bat for an hour, put on 70 or so and stick 'em back in.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Get a lead of 500 and declare. Bowl them out for 269 or less and win by >200 runs. Job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.