• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia's funniest Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Yes tonight he takes on Garth Wood and then with the help of Bob Arum he has Cotto, Margarito and then Manny Pacquiao all lined up. Trust me it's true, he said so at the press conference and in numerous recent interviews. Is he auditioning for a new comedy show or is he that delusional that he believes these guy's actually know who he is?
Lastly if he doesn't send Wood to the canvas for good very early then he should retire.
He will always have his wins over Guy Waters and Lester Ellis to be proud of as well as his more recent wins against Ryan Waters and co.
What a joke, so much talent for someone to have been so sheltered. If only he had the spirit of Michael Katsidis.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Did you hear that they paid Woods $100k, to fight @ 72.6kg NOT the 76.2kg that Woods fought at in the qualification fights?
........never give a sucker an even break.....

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Wow. I'd missed those calls.

I'd love to see 'the Man' walk out against Cotto, Margarito and Pacman any day. The fact he's even been suggesting these is ridiculous but I'm happy to eat my words and see it happen...

Other than that I'm sure all boxing fans have bigger fish to fry - like seeing Mayweather-Pacquiao FINALLY happen (I hope).

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Wow. I'd missed those calls.

I'd love to see 'the Man' walk out against Cotto, Margarito and Pacman any day. The fact he's even been suggesting these is ridiculous but I'm happy to eat my words and see it happen...

Other than that I'm sure all boxing fans have bigger fish to fry - like seeing Mayweather-Pacquiao FINALLY happen (I hope).

The only chance Mundine has against Pacman is if the latter suffocates from laughing too much when shown Mundine footage.

Come on, the man is a fool. He has never fought anyone remotely world class.

I read an article after the last Pacman fight that it's all up to Mayweather. Pacman is not chasing the fight. He doesn't need it. Mayweather needs to decide if he wants to look be remembered for whmiping out.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Blue, he is no fool he is a multi multi millionaire who as you say has been beating bums for years.

But how about the fight tonight!!
He pays the chump an extra $100k so he will be lighter/weaker/easier and still gets knocked out!
Wood is clearly a racist and should be disqualified

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fuck me that was the best thing I've watched all year. Mundane get knocked the fuck out!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Can I just check why people don't like Mundine? I've known since his first loss to Ottke that he wasn't world class, and probably would never be. But I've always liked him as a person (funny, interesting) and as a boxer (superfast, elegant). People who think he is a bum are wrong - he has always been very competitive in his class, but not at the same level of Pacquiao obviously.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Can I just check why people don't like Mundine? I've known since his first loss to Ottke that he wasn't world class, and probably would never be. But I've always liked him as a person (funny, interesting) and as a boxer (superfast, elegant). People who think he is a bum are wrong - he has always been very competitive in his class, but not at the same level of Pacquiao obviously.

I have always supported him as he is an Australian boxer. But recently his Ali shtick has become tiresome. His constant cries of racism and his ongoing quest to get bigger fights laughable. He was happy to stay in Australia and make a shitload through pay per view takings rather than go to the USA or Europe and fight the best. This is why he isn't greatly liked by me anymore. Finally to do so well against Ottke in only his 11th pro fight was great. His win over Echols also great, but then his loss against Siaca when he hardly threw a punch started a long slide to the other end of public support.
As mentioned earlier he had a load of talent and I wish he had extended himself, although his bank balance wouldn't have been so high as he would have been finished years ago.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
I had the pleasure of meeting The Man once and had a good chat with him. It was years ago when he was still with the Dragons and only a couple of weeks after he announced he was quitting mungo for boxing. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy and was good for a laugh. That was nearly a decade ago so I can't comment on what he is like now away from the spotlight but I still admire him for what he has achieved. He doesn't always present well in the press but he really doesn't give a shit what people think of him, and he gives a lot back to the community in time and money when the cameras aren't rolling.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

He is a big mouth, talks to much shit and is a Dingo. He was the same as a league player. Shine when things are good but run and hide when the going gets tough.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Fair enough. I've always enjoyed the shit-talking as either funny or interesting. But what's a Dingo?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Blue, he is no fool he is a multi multi millionaire who as you say has been beating bums for years.

But how about the fight tonight!!
He pays the chump an extra $100k so he will be lighter/weaker/easier and still gets knocked out!
Wood is clearly a racist and should be disqualified

What did he say?

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
He might have something there, you know, Lil.

I agree that large sections of our could definately be described as xenophobic racist scum, but someone should have told him that just to name a few that Neville Bonner, lloyd McDermott, The Ellas and several leaugue players were also Aboriginal. That was where I was going. He does a great job in defending and helping his community but sometimes I think he has been over the top. I hope he has a good time in retirement because as an athlete he has mastered two entirely different sports and has done very well in both.
Good luck in the future as hopefully the circus has now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.