• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia's funniest Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Many people that are show offs are often relatively humble in a one on one discussion, however truly humble people don't act the way he does. It isn't in their blood.

Yep it makes sense, but a couple of guys who i have a lot of respect for, actually rate him. So I'm prepared to give him the benefit of doubt.
Can totally see how many will not.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Interesting debate here. I find his public trash talk to be annoying and unneccessary and some of the things he says to be downright stupid, but everything has context and perspective. I would suggest that the majority of this forum would have no real idea as to what he has had to endure as an aboriginal. His delivery may suck but i'm sure there is a lot that he has a right to be angry about.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Interesting debate here. I find his public trash talk to be annoying and unneccessary and some of the things he says to be downright stupid, but everything has context and perspective. I would suggest that the majority of this forum would have no real idea as to what he has had to endure as an aboriginal. His delivery may suck but i'm sure there is a lot that he has a right to be angry about.

I'm agreeing with your post but your tag about the world's best ever winger just about had me ringing the mad house to have you committed ;)

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I wish i watched the fight, i was expecting Wood to get rolled but congrats to him for proving everyone wrong.

I was kind of hoping Mundine would get a shot at some big names after this fight, even though i think he is a jerk. It would be good for boxing in Australia. But who knows what he can do now? He must be be feeling lost. (which i find quite funny)

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
. He does a great job in defending and helping his community .

he does a great job on jumping in with his two cents on issues when he needs publicity, yet i know alot of aboriginal people that would prefer he didnt, but that ground comes with any celebrity these days i guess.

he is now a muslim who also believes in the dream time that his new found religion shits on, thats how i feel about him, a hypocrite.

ive always enjoyed watching his fights to see him get knocked out, it was his marketing and it worked, however i couldnt even watch anymore after his last fight that he talked up and said was a stepping stone fight even though him and his manager hand picked his opposition, then after he won he stood there and said he was sick of fighting nobodies and real fighters were to scared, basically told everyone they were wasting there time and money watching him.

R

Rothschild

The guy is a magnificent athlete, of that you can't argue.
Aside from all the in your face reasons he brings upon himself giving people cause to dislike him, for me it is one, very simple thing.
He walked out on a team and his team mates without a word or reason, one minute he is here, pooof, the next he is in Hawaii reading a book.
Try pulling that stunt in any vocation other than the individual sport of Mundine. The military would just love that kind of unity.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
How exactly do Muslims shit on the dreamtime? Actually, forget it bro, it's all too crazy.

probably poor use of language on my part scarfie (something that doesnt happen often i know), should have worded it, if your believe in one, then the timeframe and belief dictates the other doesnt exist, but he picks and chooses his culture in order to serve his own purpose.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
but everything has context and perspective.

Really?

In an interview in October 2001, Mundine said of the September 11 terrorist attacks, “They call it an act of terrorism, but if you can understand religion, and our way of life, it’s not about terrorism. It’s about fighting for God’s law, and America’s brought it upon themselves”.[21]

Explain that spectator

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Really?

In an interview in October 2001, Mundine said of the September 11 terrorist attacks, “They call it an act of terrorism, but if you can understand religion, and our way of life, it’s not about terrorism. It’s about fighting for God’s law, and America’s brought it upon themselves”.[21]

Explain that spectator
As I said, some of the things he says are stupid and I certainly won't defend comments like the above. The context and perspective is that he feels he has been picked on and persecuted and puts it down to his being part of an ethnic minority. So, whether rightly or wrongly, he has animosity towards a significant part of society. Not saying I agree with him, just trying to explain where I think some of the bad behaviour comes from.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
The 1st thing you've got to understand about Mundine is 90% of the stuff he does is to motivate himself. He's a funny one in that he likes it when its him vs the entire universe. That gets him fired up, makes him work hard, gets him super motivated.

The 2nd thing you've got to understand about Mundine is he's a complete and utter ****. He also choked like mad and dropped the ball over the goal line in the NRL final against the Storm. Biggest choke of all time.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
..... Snip...

He also choked like mad and dropped the ball over the goal line in the NRL final against the Storm. Biggest choke of all time.
Nothing like our mates from across the Dutch in the Land of the Darkness.

AKA the quadrennial NZRT RWC Choke. This has been internationally recognised.

Status
Not open for further replies.