• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australie – FFR. Samdi 27 Juin à Stade d’olympique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
it is odd isn't it? There are a lack of blindside options (in the squad at least) though.

F

formeropenside

I'd have Hynes ahead of Mitchell any day, and especially in a tough test. Mitchell is pretty good at running fast and falling over, as long as he doesn't have to put his good looks anywhere near the line, let alone on it.

Sharpe and Horwill will have to do a bit of trucking it up to do, and for 80 minutes too. A backrow of two 7's and a second row, with two more 7's on the bench, is not exactly balanced for mine, but perhaps Deans plans to play a turnover and fling it wide style, without needing or wanting ballrunners in the forwards to slow down the attack.

I think I may even bother watching this test; it promises to be a cracker actually.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I suppose we will see Smith go bananas for 60 minutes and replaced by Waugh, with maybe Pocock coming on for Mumm or Brown in the second half. If he replaces Mumm, then we are stuffed if one of the locks is injured, if he replaces Brown, then who goes to 8 if Smith has been taken off?

Wow.

PS Why have Sydney got 3 wallaby games this year and Brisbane only 1?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Noddy said:
it is odd isn't it? There are a lack of blindside options (in the squad at least) though.

Yeah, Kimlin would give more flexibility but he was average last week. Blindside was one of our strengths 6 months ago.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Scotty said:
I suppose we will see Smith go bananas for 60 minutes and replaced by Waugh, with maybe Pocock coming on for Mumm or Brown in the second half. If he replaces Mumm, then we are stuffed if one of the locks is injured, if he replaces Brown, then who goes to 8 if Smith has been taken off?

Wow.

PS Why have Sydney got 3 wallaby games this year and Brisbane only 1?

Nah, Deans doesn't use his reserves much.

R

rugbywhisperer

I cannot fathom this pre-occupation with Mitchell. He looks good but we need a winger capable of actually doing some work and with the French it is going to get pretty tight. For mine I would have Hynes any day.
I do like having a predominace of 7's available though as there is going to be an awful lot of work to do close in to the ruck.
Je ne peux pas sonder cette préoccupation de Mitchell. Il semble bon mais nous avons besoin d'un capable winger de faire vraiment un peu de travail et avec le Français il va devenir assez serré. Pour le mien j'aurais Hynes n'importe quel jour.
J'aime vraiment avoir un predominace de 7's disponible bien que comme il aille y avoir un sort affreux de travail pour faire se réduisent à la masse.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Noddy said:
so.....bye bye Lote??

and Timana???

you would think so, eh?? at least they invited them out for the fan appreciation day :thumb

but i seriously doubt that deans would bring them in cold for the tri-nations. and isn't this french test the last build up match before the series starts? maybe i'm wrong about that....

i agree that waugh, pocock, and smith are all in to deal with the french backrow that has been talked up so much for their play in NZ. i didn't see enough of the games to know if that's because they're that good, or if it's because the AB's aren't as strong as usual there. breakdown should be more of a contest than against the italians, who preferred to lay on the ball rather than fight for it.

looks like the props, hookers, and locks are selecting themselves at this point, good to see. cowan will get more chances later it seems, but kepu was also given a shot and now where is he? injuries didn't help i guess... sharpie needs to bring back the beard for 3N's ;D

i think it's obvious that deans is just waiting for rocky to be healthy and everyone else is just keeping the 6 spot warm. i see mumm moving to the bench after that and probably brown to stay at 8 until palu plays himself in. then it's a toss up to see who is backrow cover between waugh/pocock/brown.

i thought hynes might get another shot, but i don't think we've seen the last of him either. mitchell is a bit of a softie but i guess he's done alright. happier with cross in than QC (Quade Cooper), but i still wish there was someone better to slot in.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Les Tricolores ont débarqué à Sydney afin de préparer le dernier match de la tournée d’été 2009. L’encadrement tricolore doit cependant faire face à une cascade de blessure et ne pourra compter que sur 26 joueurs valides.

Après Yannick Jauzion (traumatisme cervical), Mathieu Bastareaud (traumatisme facial), Louis Picamoles (entorse cervical), Thomas Domingo (côtes), c’est au tour de Sébastien Chabal de déclarer forfait pour la rencontre face à l’Australie en raison d’un problème musculaire au mollet gauche.

Pour pallier au forfait de Domingo, l'encadrement français a décidé d'appeler Luc Ducalcon, qui a disputé la Coupe des Nations en Roumanie avec l'équipe de France A. Le pilier castrais est attendu à Sydney mercredi en fin de journée.

Arrivés dimanche au Australie, les joueurs français axeront le travail sur la récupération et le repos. Les entraînements reprendront à partir de mardi.

GROUPE FRANCE

Avants (14) : Fabien Barcella (Biarritz), Luc Ducalcon (Castres), Dimitri Szarzewski (Stade Français), Guilhem Guirado (Perpignan), William Servat (Stade Toulousain), Sylvain Marconnet (Stade Français), Nicolas Mas (Perpignan), Rémy Martin (Bayonne), Romain Millo-Chluski (Stade Toulousain), Pascal Papé (Stade Français), Damien Chouly (Perpignan), Fulgence Ouedraogo (Montpellier), Thierry Dusautoir (Stade Toulousain, cap), Julien Puricelli (Bayonne)

Arrières (12) : Julien Dupuy (Leicester), Dimitri Yachvili (Biarritz), Lionel Beauxis (Stade Français), François Trinh-Duc (Montpellier), Maxime Mermoz (Perpignan), Florian Fritz (Stade Toulousain), Alexis Palisson (Brive), Damien Traille (Biarritz), Cédric Heymans (Stade Toulousain), Vincent Clerc (Stade Toulousain), Julien Arias (Stade Français), Maxime Médard (Stade Toulousain)

I will triy to speak a bit english. Chabal is not to play. Quel dommage! L'equipe XV de France is to be annonce tomorrow.

Also, le fan-club FFR is very confidante for the match:

Résultats
Quel sera le résultat de la France face à l'Australie ?

Victoire 73%
Nul 2%
Défaite 26%

Bon chance mes amis!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
:nta: Man I love to see some french here. Saw Le Scarf have post over 2000 but hell why now only starting with that lovely language. Where have you been?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Tout ce Français commence à engraisser mon oie ! Je ne peux pas attendre jusqu'à ce que le Tricolours aient été et aient disparu, et nous pouvons retourner à la transmission normale.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
:nta: Man I love to see some french here. Saw Le Scarf have post over 2000 but hell why now only starting with that lovely language. Where have you been?
I think he just got his babel-fish fixed. ;D

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
fatprop said:
I am surprised Waugh and Pocock were both selected on the bench

I thought that this might happen to counter Dusautoir and Ouedraogo. They wear jerseys numbered 6 and 7 but they are both essentially openside flankers just as Magne and Betsen were a few years back. Dusautoir will pack on the left hand side and Ouedraogo on the right in the scrums, but at other times they will both be on the ball.

Thus 3 fetchers are in the Oz 22 and don't be surprised if Brown is the backrower replaced first - all 3 finished the test in Melbourne.

Had Kimlin shown a bit more starting at 6 in Melbourne he may have got a bench spot, but it wasn't the case. Mumm becomes the reserve lock, though he starts at 6. If a lock goes off first Brown will be the alternate lineout target just as he was with the Force.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Lee Grant said:
Had Kimlin shown a bit more starting at 6 in Melbourne

I was slightly disappointed with that - he tried hard but dropped the ball twice and then didn't really show up as much as a 6'4" 'ranga should.

R

rugbywhisperer

Je commencerais à être accostomed à ce mon ami - son jours de commencer une épreuve je pense sont partis - je doute même qu'il joue au rugby d'essai après cet eoyt.

I would start to be accostomed to that my friend - his days of starting a test I think have gone - I even doubt he will play test rugby after this eoyt.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
rugbywhisperer said:
Je commencerais à être accostomed à ce mon ami - son jours de commencer une épreuve je pense sont partis - je doute même qu'il joue au rugby d'essai après cet eoyt.

I would start to be accostomed to that my friend - his days of starting a test I think have gone - I even doubt he will play test rugby after this eoyt.

I think Spook was referring more to the fact that Waugh actually made the 22 at all. Would hate to see that 22 named to take on the All blacks!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How do you improve it Aussie? Rocky won't play the first test right? I guess Palu might?

R

rugbywhisperer

Aussie D said:
rugbywhisperer said:

I think Spook was referring more to the fact that Waugh actually made the 22 at all. Would hate to see that 22 named to take on the All blacks!

Oooh
My bad - hadn't quite grasped the context of his coment.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
rugbywhisperer said:
I cannot fathom this pre-occupation with Mitchell. He looks good but we need a winger capable of actually doing some work and with the French it is going to get pretty tight. For mine I would have Hynes any day.
I do like having a predominace of 7's available though as there is going to be an awful lot of work to do close in to the ruck.
Je ne peux pas sonder cette préoccupation de Mitchell. Il semble bon mais nous avons besoin d'un capable winger de faire vraiment un peu de travail et avec le Français il va devenir assez serré. Pour le mien j'aurais Hynes n'importe quel jour.
J'aime vraiment avoir un predominace de 7's disponible bien que comme il aille y avoir un sort affreux de travail pour faire se réduisent à la masse.

Hynes didn't get on the field enough this season unfortunately and Mitchell has taken his chances after playing pretty well for the Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.