• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australie – FFR. Samdi 27 Juin à Stade d’olympique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
cyclopath said:
So can we expect other personas before other test opponents?
The Silver Scarf?
Van der Scarf?
O'Scarfy?
MacScarf?

Dis donc?

Quelqu'un m'as appellé..?

Eh bien, en tout cas je m'en fiche de tout çela, mais je ne peut que reflechir sur le plasir qu'il me donne de lire encore un p'tit peut de la langue la plus civile du monde.

Bien sur, que Chabal ne reste qu'une pedale inutile sauf contres les antipodeens, mais que ça ira, PdP, non?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If we take the Crusaders as an example, and his time with the ABs, then the counter attack is an important aspect of Deans's game plan. Personally I would suggest Mitchell is the best counter attacking back 3 member we have? Possibly O'Connor but we haven't seen that yet. Mitchell is the one most likely to break the line and have the speed to do wreak some havoc. In my eyes.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
How do you improve it Aussie? Rocky won't play the first test right? I guess Palu might?

If Palu is fit we could move Brown to blindside or drop Waugh & Hodgson from the squad & bring in Chapman, Higginbotham or Mowen.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
French starting XV

15. Traille (Biarritz)
14. Médard (Stade Toulousain),
13. Fritz (Stade Toulousain),
12. Mermoz (Perpignan),
11. Heymans (Stade Toulousain)
10. Beauxis, (Stade Français),
9. Yachvili - Ouedraogo (Montpellier),

8. Puricelli (Bayonne),
7. Ouedraogo (Montpellier)
6. Dusautoir (Stade Toulousain, cap)
5. Millo-Chluski (Stade Toulousain),
4. Papé (Stade Français)
3. Marconnet (Stade Français),
2. Szarzewski (Stade Français),
1. Barcella (Biarritz)

Clerc must be injured - and still no Jauzion. :nta:

2. Szarzewski gets a starting gig head of warhorse Servat who is rested on the bench.
8. Puricelli gets a start but he is no Picamoles
9/10 The Yak and Beauxis get a turn, but it wasn't because Dupuy and Trinh-Duc did anything wrong.
13. Fritz to stop Mortlock is as expected.

It's not their best XV but Lievremont will be counting on a bit of freshness from some of the new players.

Reserves? Dunno.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yep:

France second-rower Sebastien Chabal is returning home after being sidelined for Saturday's rugby Test against Australia because of an injured calf.
Chabal underwent a scan on Monday, which revealed a pulled muscle in his left calf. He becomes the fifth France player to pull out of the game, France's third and last of their tour.

Chabal will depart Sydney on Tuesday morning, 24 hours after injured trio Yannick Jauzion, Louis Picamoles and Thomas Domingo.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
that's a bit of a letdown with all the injuries for the frogs. now if we blow them out the kiwis will say it was a completely different team, they're still superior, yadda yadda yadda...

which it sort of is :nta:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
it'll still be a step up from the Italians. We have a lot to prove still and its a good stepping stone towards the Tri-Nations.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
My man love for Luke Burgess officially knows no bounds

He certainly has the required attitude. "You've got to go as hard as you can," he said. "You basically have to die for your country. You've got to die out on the field every time you go out there. You've got to leave everything. We might not be the most talented team or the most skilful team, but we've got the biggest hearts and that's all that matters. After becoming a Wallaby, I could die tomorrow, and be happy."

Burgess said it all revolved around "giving".

"You try to put an end point on how much you want to give to a team and how much you want to do for a team.

"What do you need to do to be satisfied and what does your family and country expect of you? You want to give everything. You want to show that you love the place. And giving everything means giving everything. Giving anything less is not right."

Is it a burden?

"No, it's an honour."

14 more of them please, sir.

Poor guy will get swamped against the Frogs. Our breakdown work has been shabby thus far but the Frogs won't break his spirit.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Wouldn't it be nice if Beauxis wears the same kicking boots he wore in November.

Also hope it's not as cold at homebush as it was in Paris that night (or that I don't lose my jumper, coat, friends and train ticket).

I agree with lee's comments on the team but actually don't think the French lose that much with the players bought in. Don't know much about the 12 or 5 but I'm guessing they are at least in form given their sides made the final of the top 14.

I'm tipping Australia 8-14.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
the gambler said:
Wouldn't it be nice if Beauxis wears the same kicking boots he wore in November.

It was Skrela in November but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere Beauxis has borrowed Skrela's boots for this tour.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Cutter said:
the gambler said:

It was Skrela in November but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere Beauxis has borrowed Skrela's boots for this tour.

don't I look like a fool. Was wondering why that hadn't been mentioned. Sorry guys.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Welcome to the Lee Grant club gambler.

Beauxis was out as was Trinh-Duc and Michalak wasn't back in France yet. Skrela was in ordinary form including goal kicking; so his crap kicks didn't surprise.

This was the game I said that Brock James would have been picked for France had he been not been ineligible for a couple of reasons.

This is a good team. Watch out for 12 Mermoz. Good to watch.

Clerc on the bench! What a luxury.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Biffo said:
France to win by 5-10
M. Biffo, vous êtes trop pessimiste. Ils ont souffert pendant trop de semaines sans leur foie-gras, pernod et sauces crèmes. Ils ne pourront pas maintenir l'effort des deux allumettes précédentes. Naturellement, vous pouvez avoir raison, et je peux être incité pour regarder l'imbécile !

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
the gambler said:
Cutter said:
the gambler said:

don't I look like a fool. Was wondering why that hadn't been mentioned. Sorry guys.

Easy to do and, as I said, he's borrowed his boots so no difference anyway.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
cyclopath said:
Biffo said:
France to win by 5-10
M. Biffo, vous êtes trop pessimiste. Ils ont souffert pendant trop de semaines sans leur foie-gras, pernod et sauces crèmes. Ils ne pourront pas maintenir l'effort des deux allumettes précédentes. Naturellement, vous pouvez avoir raison, et je peux être incité pour regarder l'imbécile !
Translate please?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Biffo, you are too pessimistic.
They have suffered too many weeks without foie-gras, Pernod and cream sauces. They will not be able to maintain their effort of the two previous matches. Of course, you may be right and I may be seen as an idiot. Or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.