• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Barbarians Australian Tour 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
One thing about the Barbarians game being played at 3pm this weekend (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Yes it's bad that it's being played at the same time as NRC games, and is taking players away from the fixture -

- BUT, the ARU didn't know well in advance what time the game would be played. They actually put it to the fans, who voted for a 3pm start.

That, combined with the growing success of the NRC and club rugby across the nation, will probably see them putting more and more non-Wallaby events at 3pm.

If this weekend goes well, I'm sure they'll fixture in another Possibles vs. Probables match for next season, but will likely do it outside the NRC window if possible.

It's annoying but I'm very happy with this fixture and hopefully they'll learn from it.

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
One of the tweets from Barbarians had a picture of Duncan Paia'aua, but he isn't. maybe still in negotiation

they went with Banks at 13 with 2 fijians wings, not a bad option. i hear this game will be on PayTv so ppl like me will not be able to see it :(

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I know it's fashionable to blame Clyne & Pulver for everything (& plenty of that's entirely deserved) but given the chain of events leading to the game being in Sydney not London, Billy P does have a point.

Wouldn't you think that after the year that they've had that the ARU would latch onto this game for all its worth and squeeze every ounce of good publicity out of it?

I also seem to remember some months ago that the ARU held a fan poll to decide the kick-off time and the identity of a club player to be included.

ANd the Chairman comes up with this FFS. A game of rugby in Sydney featuring the Wallabies??????????????????????

"There's a bit of a misunderstanding, it's not our game," Clyne said. "It's a Barbarians game, they invite us to play. It's not our game to promote, it's theirs to promote.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
No program you say?

The sport is doomed.

I'm not interested in the programme, but this attitude for a game of rugby played in Sydney, featuring the Wallabies. Bad enough IMO in normal circumstances, but after what's occurred in Australian rugby in the past 12 months alone, I find in unbelievable that the ARU/RA wouldn't want to promote it. It's not like they've been turning fans away.

"There's a bit of a misunderstanding, it's not our game," Clyne said. "It's a Barbarians game, they invite us to play. It's not our game to promote, it's theirs to promote.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FWIW the Fairfax media here in NZ have run some stories re: the game, presumably sourced from SMH, plus there's been at least one TV sports news item & a mention on Crowd Goes Wild so someone's getting the message out there somehow....

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I know it's fashionable to blame Clyne & Pulver for everything (& plenty of that's entirely deserved) but given the chain of events leading to the game being in Sydney not London, Billy P does have a point.

I think we can all agree that the sooner these clowns leave rugby, and take their greasy hands back to the corporate world, the better our sport will be.

TwIIhh8.jpg

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I find Pulver and Clyne's latest contribution re this match absolutely incredible. In fact I'm speechles.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...es-blowup-as-illinformed-20171027-gz9up7.html

I nearly tripped on some long grass this morning, I find Pulver and Clyne's latest contribution to this absolutely incredible. In fact I'm speechless.

Like really, these guys may not the greatest managers in the world, but this waste of time game is someone elses marketing product with wobs just paid to turn up.

Jones should complain about this shit to his employers, not the ARU

T

TOCC

Can’t say I disagree with Thorn on this:

“Even as an All Black I always tried to get one or two or three games in each year for them. That’s how I got to 30 games, because I made efforts to play for them, to represent, because we respected that competition.”

“I find it interesting that these (Barbarians) games are on now, because I feel like you’re devaluing the NRC competition a bit. It’s the final round, of their competition, and teams are vying for the finals.

“I just find it interesting. I’m taking this comp seriously, so’s my team, so’s Paul Carozza… anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

T

TOCC

Don’t know if the Baa Baas big fellas will have the fitness to see trough 80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom