• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ben Mowen survives alleged mutiny plot.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Muttonbird

??? what a load of rubbish.

You were happy for players to be approaching McKenzie and calling for Mowen to be sacked after the England game. If divisions like that are still present in camp then there will be trouble ahead.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
You were happy for players to be approaching McKenzie and calling for Mowen to be sacked after the England game. If divisions like that are still present in camp then there will be trouble ahead.

I didn't say I was happy. I just said it might be understandable, trying to rationalise the article.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
That leaves a pretty narrow group that he's criticising.

Moore and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

I don't think anybody else has played close to 90 tests, only one of those two was in the 'Dublin 6'.

link was just calling it as it is... No point players getting a head of themselves just because they have played 90 tests, however he was refering to others to over the past years... and rightly so...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
The win against the Welsh puts Ben Mowens Wallabies Captaincy in a strong place, he is likely to start again next season...
A new captain with fresh eyes and heart is what the Wallabies need... Time to bring back some inegrity to the jersey for the fans...
Time for a new chapter in Australian rugby and new team leaders and coaches and ARU CEO is a good place to start...

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The win against the Welsh puts Ben Mowens Wallabies Captaincy in a strong place, he is likely to start again next season.
A new captain with fresh eyes and heart is what the Wallabies need. Time to bring back some inegrity to the jersey for the fans.
Time for a new chapter in Australian rugby and new team leaders and coaches and ARU CEO is a good place to start.

If he demonstrates the form in 2014 to earn a starting spot, then his captaincy is a bonus for the team.

He will have to improve markedly

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
What worried me is that he played through what is/was a serious neck injury. Him & McCabe need to take a good hard look at where they are going to be the day after their respective injuries are agrivated or repeated in the next game.

And for all those thinking that he was tough and needs our support - what would you have said is he had been injured in the England game (or any of these games) and had to retire from the game completely? Sometimes longevity & life outside of rugby need to be considered as being better then possibly missing a tour.

As for his captaincy I think he has done a fair job. I am one who does not really like forwards to be captains as they need to have their heads stuck in dark places for a great majority of the game and therefore may miss what is going on around them. To be the captain and a forward, especially a tight forward, require a good man. Just my opinion mind.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As for his captaincy I think he has done a fair job. I am one who does not really like forwards to be captains as they need to have their heads stuck in dark places for a great majority of the game and therefore may miss what is going on around them. To be the captain and a forward, especially a tight forward, require a good man. Just my opinion mind.

Eales, McCaw, Johnson, Pienaar, Smit..........I could go on, but backline captains are a rarity......

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
What worried me is that he played through what is/was a serious neck injury. Him & McCabe need to take a good hard look at where they are going to be the day after their respective injuries are agrivated or repeated in the next game.

Couldn't agree more. As I said previously he must've felt pretty confident & know his limits well enough to know what his body is capable of.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Gregan, Mortlock, BOC were great Captains in the back-line.

Who cares if they are forwards or backs as long as they are good leaders and good captains. Pro & cons on both sides.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Interesting that people are questioning his position and captaincy after he has just led Oz to wins in their last 4 tests - an achievement only the AB's have done since 2008. Also he has played pretty well in those tests. As far as I'm concerned all the returning players, including Higginbottom, have to show next year that they deserve to be picked over the incumbents of this current side. hard to change a side that has shown such improvement on this tour.

By the way, I hope if Higgers gets picked over him next year we won't hear too many moaning how wide he plays and how lazy he is :)

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Interesting that people are questioning his position and captaincy after he has just led Oz to wins in their last 4 tests - an achievement only the AB's have done since 2008. Also he has played pretty well in those tests. As far as I'm concerned all the returning players, including Higginbottom, have to show next year that they deserve to be picked over the incumbents of this current side. hard to change a side that has shown such improvement on this tour.

By the way, I hope if Higgers gets picked over him next year we won't hear too many moaning how wide he plays and how lazy he is :)

agree but Higgers is will have to play well to compete... i like his hard attitude but ceertainly not better than fardy ...

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
A lot depends on where they play for the Brumbies. I would quite happily have Fardy as lock in the Wobs setup though he will be harder to move from 6 if Simmons continues his form.

Higgers will be 8, Pocock 7 then you need to pick between Mowen/Fardy/Hooper for the remaining backrow spots. Hoping Palu can stay fit and be in contention but at this point i don't see him at the RWC.

Status
Not open for further replies.