• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Best World Wallaby team

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Smith would walk into the 7 jersey, Kimlin would walk into either of the 6, 8 or 4/5 jerseys, and Palmer should be a shoe in for tighthead.

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Palmer

4. Fardy
5. Horwill
6. Mowen
7. Smith
8. Kimlin

16. Slipper
17. Nau/Fainga'a
18. Alexander
19. Simmons
20. Hooper/Gill

Looks a hell of a lot better, and all of them are currently fit. Higgers obviously comes into the equation.

Other than that, we're not missing any backs.

Smith would walk into 7, and let's face it, JOC (James O'Connor) would walk into one wing.

I'm sure Palmer (providing his form drop was purely due to his foot injury) and Kimlin would be walk ins to the squad and potentially 3, but to say these guys with something like 1 cap a piece, 1 and 4 years ago wold be walk up starts is drawing a long bow... Even though they both play for your Brumbies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Smith would walk into 7, and let's face it, JOC (James O'Connor) would walk into one wing.

I'm sure Palmer (providing his form drop was purely due to his foot injury) and Kimlin would be walk ins to the squad and potentially 3, but to say these guys with something like 1 cap a piece, 1 and 4 years ago wold be walk up starts is drawing a long bow. Even though they both play for your Brumbies.

Are they better than the current options? Certainly Palmer is at tighthead, Kimlin is certainly better than any 8 option we have right now.

It's nothing to do with provincial bias. Alexander and Mowen are Brumbies too, you know? Is it bias to replace one player from your team with another?o_O

T

Train Without a Station

Are they better than the current options? Certainly Palmer is at tighthead, Kimlin is certainly better than any 8 option we have right now.

It's nothing to do with provincial bias. Alexander and Mowen are Brumbies too, you know? Is it bias to replace one player from your team with another?o_O

Based on one great game at 8? How many games did he play at 8? Now he's a walk up start there? Give it a rest. A potential 6 option but Fardy has done pretty well there to be potentially our first choice 6.

Palmer appeared to be the best tighthead. He also didn't cover himself in glory in his one cap (nobody did in that game) and deteriorated as the season wore on.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Based on one great game at 8? How many games did he play at 8? Now he's a walk up start there? Give it a rest. A potential 6 option but Fardy has done pretty well there to be potentially our first choice 6.

Palmer appeared to be the best tighthead. He also didn't cover himself in glory in his one cap (nobody did in that game) and deteriorated as the season wore on.

Ok, well play him at 6, or the 2nd row. He's still better than any of the current options bar Fardy.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Mitchell hasn't impressed me from what I've seen. Kimlin on the other had would be a shoe in if he'd of been patient.

I suppose it's tough for a fringe international like Kimlin who hung around for so many years waiting for a spot and never lucked out, and now it's there.

Kimlin would been our starting 6 or 8 in front of Fardy, but he signed overseas before the season and went.. Brumbies will miss the crazy ranga. Im also certain he would have got the shot before MMM. His game vs the Lions and season was amazing.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Salvi absolutely sucks. Bottom 5% of backrowers when he plays Super Rugby. However he somehow manages to be the in the top 5% percent of backrowers in Northern Hemisphere. Strange to think that we are supposedly playing the same game.

Thats not True Salvi was always talented, but was stuck in a no win position. Maybe in the North his got his chance and isn't living in the post George Smith Pre Hooper/Colby bubble. Own man own chance.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

With Henry-Spreight coming into the equation I'm not so sure JOC (James O'Connor) would walk into a wing position. Both Digby and Falou I feel would be picked ahead of him. That leaves one wing/fullback position left, Which could either go to Henry-Spreight, Mogg, or a fit Beale. The theirs still Cummins, Tomane. So plenty of good competition in the back 3.

T

Train Without a Station

Is Speight the lock that he previously was for a jersey? I'm no advocate for blatant incumbency, however Tomane and Cummins have really staked their claims for a jersey since the Argentina game whilst Kurindrani's success at 13 has given AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) a good run on the wing and after successive years being one of our best, he is unlikely to drop out of the XV unless his form drops.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Is Speight the lock that he previously was for a jersey? I'm no advocate for blatant incumbency, however Tomane and Cummins have really staked their claims for a jersey since the Argentina game whilst Kurindrani's success at 13 has given AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) a good run on the wing and after successive years being one of our best, he is unlikely to drop out of the XV unless his form drops.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) isn't really playing 13, just like To'omua isn't really playing 12. In truth, they're playing hybrid roles.

That's why the current combo works so well and why there's only room for 1 true winger in the Wallabies team on the current set-up.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Depends on form next years super comp. If any thing like the last 2 you'd have to pick him... Joe would miss out 3 wingers be AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) Cummins and Speight. And throw him in against the French see if his Test quality.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
If Palmer really was a "shoo in" for the Wallabies, he would be in the team right now.

He is a good scrummager, and a club reserve grade standard front rower on the other important requirements of the position.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
If Palmer really was a "shoo in" for the Wallabies, he would be in the team right now.

He is a good scrummager, and a club reserve grade standard front rower on the other important requirements of the position.

Leaving Australia hurt his chances so unless he stroms back in 2015 he will struggle.

But time will tell maybe the french will improve his running game lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Unlikely the other aspects of Palmer's game will improve in France. Over there THPs just scrummage; they aren't expected to do much else.

I am not a fan of how the teams there treat the scrummage - it's a complete mess, with each pack just trying to make it a mess for the other team. Penalties seem to be lotteries at times.

P

Paradox

Wob wingers must be getting pissed off with having to take the "reserved for Henry Speight" stickers off the jerseys before they run out onto the pitch.

Well those Wob wingers must start actually performing better than Speight, who has been the best finisher in Oz for the last 2 years.

P

Paradox

A reserve grade player? Name those requirements or retract your comment. I find it weird you state that he is a good scrummager and yet lacks important requirements for a tight head.

P

Paradox

Speight has been the best Oz winger in Super rugby for the last 2 years. Link has stated Super rugby form is the driver for selection....and so it should be. Assuming Speight keeps up his form, he deserves to dislodge any incumbent.

Status
Not open for further replies.