• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1: 29 July @ MCG

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No.

I'm absolutely resigned to getting pumped.

Join me in the peaceful zen of acceptance.
Om.gif

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Re the back line being a defensive issue. The D is mostly about attitude and application and to a lesser extent on organisation. All these guys have been in camp for a few weeks and if the D is totally ignored it could be another pump by the ABs but following on from the obvious issues in the D they would have spent a lot of time working on it.
I'm not over the moon but quietly confident this team will go strongly, a win is possible but not by much.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Re the back line being a defensive issue. The D is mostly about attitude and application and to a lesser extent on organisation. All these guys have been in camp for a few weeks and if the D is totally ignored it could be another pump by the ABs but following on from the obvious issues in the D they would have spent a lot of time working on it.
I'm not over the moon but quietly confident this team will go strongly, a win is possible but not by much.

I don't buy it SMI. Organisation is at least on the same par as technique. Especially in the back line where there is plenty of attacking opportunity and space if D organisation is less than adequate.

It's not that "Attitude and application" aren't important, they just need organisation to be of any use.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'm zen about it because this line up is a potential preview of Wallaby teams post this World Cup. A few blokes could make a name for themselves here.
Yeah easily. Barring maybe Skelton & Holloway (and Kerevi who's 29 rn, but who knows) that XV should hopefully all be playing in 4 years.

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
I would rate him as number one, but I don't think he's widely liked by the referee hierarchy. BOK, on the other hand, seems to be an absolute favourite.
BOK is the kiwi version of Peyper - pedantic and with a propensity to slow the game down too much.

Barnes' youtube videos on the laws are pretty good viewing too

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
BOK is the kiwi version of Peyper - pedantic and with a propensity to slow the game down too much.

Barnes' youtube videos on the laws are pretty good viewing too
BOK and Peyper seem to have no understanding of what to allow and what to punish, of the billions of different opportunities to find fault, they always seem to find the one to stutter the game

Chucamuca

Bob McCowan (2)
I feel like the importance of this game for Eddie can't be overstatetd enough. If we win, suddenly he looks like a genius and maybe the wallabies CAN win the world cup like he said. If it's another dissapointing loss, we know that he's not a miracle worker and we're probably looking at QF exit. If it's a respectable performance only losing by a few points then I guess we wait till next week