• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1: 29 July @ MCG

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Weird game. Aus forwards had the measure of NZ but just kept barking the poor bride's shins on the penthouse suite door frame.

That opening 17 mins of the 2nd spell, I dont recall NZ really leaving their own 22 at all ffs. Then finally they got upfield and boom chucka lucka that "flog" Rieko finally put his hand up as a senior AB.

In closing, I have reported @drewprint to the IRB for calling Rieko a "flog".
Haha. I do usually hate that word and probably shouldn’t have used it. Apologies. Bellend or prat more appropriate!

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The Wallabies need a fkn rocket up the clacker so they know these performances are not going to be tollerareted. Have some accountability. End someone's career at the national level for a couple of years so you know it's not a matter of just playing ok and I'll get a shot. I can be patient but no one needs to wait 20 plus years. Get a frigging plan together.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Having had the love of rugby scoured from my body by the Wallabies and Waratahs I now consider myself an impartial observer. Here are my observations:

1. Thank god the Ashes are on. Actual entertainment.
2. The constant 'All Blacks' cries from the crowd have confirmed what I always suspected. Melbourne, being our second coldest and shittiest city (edit: sorry forgot about Hobart), is still better than living in New Zealand. I consider this a moral victory (yeah I'm stealing this from the cricket).
3. The All Blacks aren't even that good. They actually looked thoroughly pedestrian and I'd be surprised if they threaten this world cup.
4. Stroke of genius hiring Eddie. Never seen us play worse rugby. Even the worst of the worst Cheika team would've stuffed these fluffybunnys.

All you remaining Aussie fans can take consolation in the fact that if the All Blacks/NZ rugby actually are in any way reliant on Australian rugby to continue thriving they are laughably fucked.
good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you-13858771.png

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Do we really think it's ribs, I cannot imagine playing on with that - at all.
Commentators were saying it with some certainty - not sure if they had inside word
I didnt hear what the commentators said but from watching him and having had the displeasure of playing on with a couple of broken ones myself it looked pretty clear it was the issue. Cant do anything about it except some legal pain relief and accepting your pain threshold - the good news is it’s not career threatening and because they only serve a protective function they do heal pretty quickly. But everyone in every opposition team will know about them.

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Am kind of thinking along these lines after the game. Not all doom and gloom except for the injuries at tight head. I think Gordon with White at half next game to do the restarts would ease some of the pressure on him.

Looking at the kiwis they went all in for this one, full strength line up, the special haka but first half score line flattered them. I think they were lucky with some of the calls especially on their maul defense. Will they get the benefit of such calls during a critical world cup game vs a European side? Tonight they looked a lot like the flawed flat track bullies of 2003 and 2007 waiting for a knock out game implosion.

Commentators were saying it with some certainty - not sure if they had inside word

That's certainly what it looked like having seen a lot of guys break their ribs playing rugby. Wasn't his back, didn't get the wind knocked out of him, wasn't his shoulder, clutching his sternum, trouble bending at waist. Best possible scenario is some kind of horrific bruise similar to a hip pointer, but to me that's looking like a broken rib. Tupou of all people can't afford to miss another six weeks of training and it is hard to even train properly with a broken rib, both for strength and cardio. So he's probably out of the RWC altogether or is going to be wayyyyyyyyyyyy undercooked if he does play.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
it could just be cartilage too, not a break - equally as painful at the outset and a lot quicker to heal

Reactions: dru