• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1: 29 July @ MCG

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
Im keen to start seeing some consistency in selections. I dont think there really needs to be much shake up from last game, just hope we can work out what the game plan is.

1. Slipper
2. Porecki
3. 7As (Allan Ala'alatoa)
4. Skelton
5. Arnold/Frost
6. Holloway
7. McReight
8. Valetini
9. White
10. Cooper
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Perese
14. Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase)
15. Kellaway

16. Uelese
17. Bell
18. Tupou
19. Philip
20. Gleeson/Samu
21. C. Gordon
22. McDermmott
23. Hodge

*pending inevitable training injuries

Last edited:

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Bring in Harry Wilson!

1 - Slipper
2 - Porecki
3 - AAA
4 - Frost
5 - Phillip
6 - Valentini
7 - Hooper
8 - Wilson
9 - White
10 - Cooper
11 - Korobiete
12 - Kerevi
13 - Perese (Petaia if fit)
14 - Nawaqanitawase
15 - Kellaway

16 - Fez
17 - Bell
18 - Topou
19 - Skelton
20 - Samu (Gleeson if fit)
21 - McDermott
22 - Gordon
23 - Hodge
Good except Wilson

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
not looking great on ticketek either, they've opened up some cheaper seats for $70 now.
As they should. Prices were absurd to watch them at Comm Bank v Argentina.

Cat A tickets are Cat A and people will pay the $200
Cat B $139 is pushing the friendship
Cat C $99 is just gouging people who want to get to the footy.

I hope the event that is the Bledisloe gets good numbers but the Wallabies and RA have done nothing for the fans to want to get behind them recently. A lot of people of there aren't willing or don't have $500 to take the family to the footy for one night.

Complimentary scarf brigade will probably disagree with this.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)

I hope the event that is the Bledisloe gets good numbers but the Wallabies and Rugby Australia have done nothing for the fans to want to get behind them recently. A lot of people of there aren't willing or don't have $500 to take the family to the footy for one night.

Totally agree, no idea why they're not pushing hard with ~$50 get in price.

Full stadiums will do more good than a bit of joking about 'giving away tickets' will do harm.

Obviously ticket revenue is important but just get people to the games consistently and figure out the rest later.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Totally agree, no idea why they're not pushing hard with ~$50 get in price.

Full stadiums will do more good than a bit of joking about 'giving away tickets' will do harm.

Obviously ticket revenue is important but just get people to the games consistently and figure out the rest later.
How many people will buy $50 as opposed to staying home?

I guess they have to work out how much $$ is lost on people who would have bought tickets at $99 anyway but to me, there are intangibles about having a full stadium that outweighs the few dollars extra you might have made with higher ticket prices.

It's also worth noting that the economy is not great and many people are starting to watch their spending more closely...hospitality has started feeling the bite over the last few weeks at least.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)

I hope the event that is the Bledisloe gets good numbers but the Wallabies and Rugby Australia have done nothing for the fans to want to get behind them recently. A lot of people of there aren't willing or don't have $500 to take the family to the footy for one night.

Yeah that's crazy expensive - I've tickets to take the wife & kids to the 3rd place final at the women's world cup - it was $40ea for adults $20ea for the kids for category A (we're in the halfway line 20 rows back).

I know it's not a direct comparison but $120 in tickets for the family is much easier to get approved by the minister of finances than $600........

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Should have filled AAMI Stadium at $75 a pop and given everyone a great viewing experience and an actual sellout.

Th0mo

Allen Oxlade (6)

Cat D behind the posts were cheap. $88 for a family ticket plus I grabbed 3 junior tickets for fifth child and 2 of their mates for $20 each. Like Allianz view is decent in the cheap seats. Only shame was a small subsection of Argentina supporters perched on concourse behind us splashing their drinks and throwing food like they were on the hill at the cricket.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
There are intangibles about having a full stadium that outweighs the few dollars extra you might have made with higher ticket prices.

It's also worth noting that the economy is not great and many people are starting to watch their spending more closely...hospitality has started feeling the bite over the last few weeks at least.
I agree with the first point, was a really good look packing out Marvel in a competitive match last year. Clips that can be played on the news that show ppl give a damn.

On the second - AFL and NRL crowds are still really strong; close to if not the best ever. The appetite to spend on live experiences is still there, even beyond sport look at the prices and hype for big concerts recently. The Wallabies are not in a realistic position to charge a premium to the casual fan they desperately need so must offer value for money instead.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
This Commonwealth Games debacle just now isn't going to be good for Melbourne hosting anything outside of AFL.
Eh, with the construction industry's current direction it makes sense, no one's going to ask Melbourne to build the MCG again.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
On the second - AFL and NRL crowds are still really strong; close to if not the best ever. The appetite to spend on live experiences is still there, even beyond sport look at the prices and hype for big concerts recently. The Wallabies are not in a realistic position to charge a premium to the casual fan they desperately need so must offer value for money instead.
I just had a quick look at NRL ticket prices and the 'Best Seat' prices were around $55 - $60. And one of those tickets was for a double-header with an NRLW game opener.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Eh, with the construction industry's current direction it makes sense, no one's going to ask Melbourne to build the MCG again.
OK fair enough, I just wondered about 'the look' to an outside body like WR (World Rugby). And I guess it's just a decision with regards to one game of the tournament, albeit the most important one.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Just had a look on Ticketek and sales aren't looking tooooo bad - hard to know which sections haven't been opened for sale (assuming quite a few), but of those that have, I'd say they're about 80% sold

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
That's good. 80% full will be a success considering the complete lack of advertising and promotion in Melbourne!

Chucamuca

Bob McCowan (2)
That's good. 80% full will be a success considering the complete lack of advertising and promotion in Melbourne!
It's so frustrating. I'm obviously getting heaps of ads pushed to me cause I follow Wallabies on all social media but I got my tickets months ago. My sport watching friends have no clue the bledisloe is in Melbourne unless I tell them. RA really shouldn't have to rely on word of mouth to get people going, they need to push harder with marketing

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
It's so frustrating. I'm obviously getting heaps of ads pushed to me cause I follow Wallabies on all social media but I got my tickets months ago. My sport watching friends have no clue the bledisloe is in Melbourne unless I tell them. Rugby Australia really shouldn't have to rely on word of mouth to get people going, they need to push harder with marketing
I thought similar but my dear mother was so influenced by digital advertising that she realised she'd never been to a Wallabies game and bought a solo ticket spontaneously. Now I've had to buy her a 2nd ticket so she can sit with me and my mates so she's not on her lonesome wondering what the rules of the game are aha.

Also means I now have 1 x solo ticket for anyone that's interested.