• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1: 29 July @ MCG

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
363823740_670524708444729_991637962956793452_n.jpg

"Mum says it's my turn to hold the Bledisloe now"

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Don't try to catch the falling knife, Will.

The knife isn't falling, it's just getting longer.

Anyway, we're not playing for sheep stations here, just adding a little spice.

My mate who is hosting on Saturday night said this about the evening:

"I'll supply some chips and dips and beer, and propose pizzas to arrive when the rugby starts looking grim. So, say quarter past 8."

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm not going to comment - its both exciting and terrifying at the same time. I am merely an observer and supporter.
You watch them when they win (2002 and prior), you watch them when they loose (the last 21yrs) because at the end of the day they're your team and country.

All I can say, is when we do finally win it will be sweet. Though the two game series format sure does make it hard with an inconsistent team - like the Wallabies have been over the recent years.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
You watch them when they win (2002 and prior), you watch them when they loose (the last 21yrs) because at the end of the day they're your team and country.

All I can say, is when we do finally win it will be sweet. Though the two game series format sure does make it hard with an inconsistent team - like the Wallabies have been over the recent years.
TBH we only held it for a few years in the late 90’s and early 2000’s because of two game series, only had to win one to retain the Bledisloe. Seems like a dream now!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Check the record under Wayne Barnes as well. Also the record at home against NZ at home in RWC years.

The record at home in RWC years is inflated of late because they generally rest players right? They definitely haven’t this game.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Interesting that prior to the TRC people, me included, were wondering if Carter was going to get any time at all as he would be behind Cooper & Foley. He would only goto the RWC if we took 3 10s etc. Now he’s starting in a Bled for a chance to be first picked for the RWC, not too bad.

im really hoping that Ikitau’s injury stole a good victory from us last time round and we’re much better than that Argentina performance, it was just hidden by a lot of players out of position.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't buy it SMI. Organisation is at least on the same par as technique. Especially in the back line where there is plenty of attacking opportunity and space if D organisation is less than adequate.

It's not that "Attitude and application" aren't important, they just need organisation to be of any use.
Hi Dru, there are a couple of observations re your reply. First, these guys are training nearly every day and if they cannot organise themselves in 2 weeks of intensive training (after our D was shown up against Argentina), then we have the dumbest bunch of players on the planet.

My second point is that the guy who told me this, during a couple of training sessions in the D was Les Kiss and I am guessing he knows more about defence than 99% of people on this site.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Hi Dru, there are a couple of observations re your reply. First, these guys are training nearly every day and if they cannot organise themselves in 2 weeks of intensive training (after our D was shown up against Argentina), then we have the dumbest bunch of players on the planet.

My second point is that the guy who told me this, during a couple of training sessions in the D was Les Kiss and I am guessing he knows more about defence than 99% of people on this site.
It sounds like a bit of a throwaway line to try rev the players up a bit.

In a team sport, attitude and technique are nothing without organisation; similarly, organisation is nothing without attitude and technique.