• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 - AUS v NZL, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
There's never a shortage of Wallaby fans histrionically predicting a drubbing before any New Zealand game, and bemoaning how their selections would have made it right. Given that we usually lose, it's a sensible prediction to make (although some spice it up with huge margins), but it's a strange way to get behind your team.
It eases the pain of the loss. You can at least wallow in the self pity of having been right about something.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Histrionically or not, historically there have been as many or more drubbings than close results, so it's not altogether surprising that people tip the ABs by some margin. And I have no doubt that my No 10 selection against the ABs in the first two tests last year would have performed better than the coach's selection in those games.

And the fear this time is that the 10/12 combination will again prove to be inadequate, while there are many question marks over the locking combination as well.

I don't deny that pessimists have greater predictive powers than optimists in these matches. It's easy to back the ABs. They usually win. It's the spirit of some of the pessimists that depresses me. There's burger, and there's burger with relish.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm predicting that by the end of the year, Michael Clarke, and Sir Richie will have something in common, namely that they will have captained an unsuccessful sporting team on a tour of the UK!!

G

galumay

AB's by 15 points is my tip. Chucked a bet on the wobblies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gel

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Are u mad?? Dave Rennie tried to convince Henry to return to NZ, saying him that easily get a spot on the starting ABs:

http://www.3news.co.nz/sport/chiefs-tried-to-bring-henry-speight-back-to-the-waikato-2014072014

Speight is better than Moala by far. Moala is just a big guy, he s far from top class winger like Savea or Naholo. Tomane is better than him.

You're mad if u think Speight would walk into the ABs. Speight has like 4 or 5 yrs on Moala.....and he's dine nothing in his limited international chances so far

Status
Not open for further replies.