• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 - AUS v NZL, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tempted to give Phipps 3 points for MOM.

Justification: - If he wasn't so bad, nor in the sin bin, Giteau wouldn't have gone into emergency halfback, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) wouldn't have scored, Nic White may not have replaced him at the end of the sin bin. . . . No 48 metre goal kick, no Nic White try, . . . no victory.

When you put it like that he's a legend.

G

galumay

Never one to doubt the quality of the ABs but tonight I thought we saw some signs of an ageing NZ forward pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's hope Hansen doesn't notice, they no doubt have a long line of world class players in the wings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kaino has been quiet all year. McCaw has no breakdown presence. Woodock is probably past it. SBW's ability has gone. I don't want to sound over dramatic but Messam, Franks and Cane should start. They don't have many issues but those are them.

Skudder was great on attack but his defence needs to improve too. Carter's goal kicking hasn't been solid for years.

Still very strong favs going into next week and the RWC but some issues.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So how do we fix the lineout, and how long is Simmons out for?

Cheika stated that Mumm/Horwill would be doing the calling, and I would assume that Mumm commanded it for most of the match.

Fardy organized the Brumbies lineout this year and it was one of the best in the comp, and obviously has a combination with Moore.............

But then again is simply changing the caller going to be enough?

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I'm pumped now, gonna have a coffee and wait for the SA v Arg game

5.30am here in the States......I have been up all night long and on my 25th cuppa. I think I'll hit the rewind button and do it all over again.......it's either that or fall asleep and piss the bed. :confused:

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
What a game! Go Wallabies you fucking beauties!

Quick post match thoughts:
- Hooper and Pocoock simply have to start. Two of our three trump cards (the other being Folau) and they just killed it tonight.
- I take back all reservations about Mumm. I thought he was fantastic and he's now easily in my starting lineup.
- Great forward performance overall but Fardy was another who really shone, and Horwill got through his grunt work well.
- Toomue has also confirmed he's a starter. Fantastic off the bench.
- Richie's last game on Aus soil is a loss. How wonderful :)

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)

Cheika stated that Mumm/Horwill would be doing the calling, and I would assume that Mumm commanded it for most of the match.

Fardy organized the Brumbies lineout this year and it was one of the best in the comp, and obviously has a combination with Moore.....

I was feeling that Moore's throwing was a little off tonight. Not sure if that was the reason for all of the lineout woes, but there was definitely at least three or four crap throws from him that resulted in lost lineouts.

I thought fardy had his best game in quite a while. He was our saving grace at the lineout and was putting in around the park.....anyone have his stats?

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Kaino has been quiet all year. McCaw has no breakdown presence. Woodock is probably past it. SBW's ability has gone. I don't want to sound over dramatic but Messam, Franks and Cane should start. They don't have many issues but those are them.

Skudder was great on attack but his defence needs to improve too. Carter's goal kicking hasn't been solid for years.

Still very strong favs going into next week and the RWC but some issues.

A little bit agreed. Most of the incumbents certainly did not light up the Super Rugby season. It was funny watching Woodcock, come near a ruck, had a chance to get on the ball but by the time he bent down the Aussie 5 metres away was there.

Shh. I've been saying for a while now Cane should play.

This was always going to be the hurdle for this RWC, the ageing stars. Time will tell. The loss we needed to have? etc blah blah

Loved it for the scrums. Gives a much better picture of what is actually going on.
I though the exact opposite. Can't see the binds, heights, stand ups, collapses. All we see is what we already know. Which prop is pushing in and which way the scrum is going.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
IMO Moore needs to be dropped. He hasn't been playing that well, not poorly but not his usual self. He also gave away some stupid penalties. Maybe the captaincy is taking it's toll and he needs a stint off the bench for a freshen up. TPN needs some time and so does Hanson.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)

Fardy organized the Brumbies lineout this year and it was one of the best in the comp, and obviously has a combination with Moore.....

Yes, past two games 0 lost line outs, this game Simmons out, what 4 lost?

Cheikas first picks in every team; Simmons, TK, Folau and the Pooper

Status
Not open for further replies.