• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #2 - AUS v NZL, Eden Park, Auckland, August 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Behold, the ABs lineup for this weekend:

1. Woodcock
2. Coles
3. Franks
4. Retallick
5. Whitelock
6. Vito
7. McCaw
8. Read
9. Smith
10. Carter
11. Savea
12. Nonu
13. Smith
14. NM-S
15. Smith

Reserves: Mealamu, Crockett, Laulala, Kaino, Cane, Perenara, Slade, Fekitoa.

Attachments

• CMMwucMWwAAZgFw.jpg
    CMMwucMWwAAZgFw.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 188

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well I'm shocked, given Woodcock a last chance perhaps? McCaw and Carter were never going to be dropped for their the last Test in NZ. I really expected Cane to come in for Kaino rather than Vito however. Clearly don't rate our lineout with no 3rd lock which is a smart move. They'll probably end the game with Kaino in the row.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Pretty close to AB team I suspected would be named. Vito getting a shot at 6 a slight surprise (mainly because I think he a better 8), but can understand Shag's thoughts, as if he goes alright, maybe he will go to WC ahead of Messam. Would not be surprised to see Kaino get a bit of time at lock, and can see if that goes ok , ABs may go to WC with 3 locks and Kaino to cover. Maybe Cron has seen something in scrums that can be fixed with Woodcock still there, though I would be happier to see him and Franks to get out of the way in midfield. Is NMS going to push Piutau out of right wing spot,or is it Dagg who has gone?? Most interesting and things to ponder on until test time for me. Mind you I got ITM cup to watch too so how much time have I got fot pondering?:confused:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Astonished that Woodcock & Franks both survived, felt sure one would be gone. Can only hope they've got the message & our scrum doesn't turn to shit again.

@Dan, I rather suspect Dagg is gone from RWC contention, unless NM-S has a total 'mare on Saturday which seems unlikely after how well he went in Sydney.

On the ITM front, Jane & Broadhurst have been released to Wellington & 'naki respectively, Todd & Osborne to Canterbury.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Would expect a lot of To'omua slipping into 10 if it happens. Still going to be surprised if it does.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Kiwi's are too scared to make the changes. Vito will add something but Whitelock is as ineffective as Romano. I'd say they're planning on playing their locks the whole game and subbing out Vito and Read.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Kiwi's are too scared to make the changes. Vito will add something but Whitelock is as ineffective as Romano. I'd say they're planning on playing their locks the whole game and subbing out Vito and Read.

Whitelock and Retallick happen to be the most balanced lock pairing they've had in the last 4 years. Whitelock is going to make our lineout ball unsteady, that's for sure.

I rate Whitelock's skinny, bearded carcass higher than Romano, that's for sure. It also means Retallick will move to TH lock and their scrum will improve because of it.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
My guess is that we are going to see Skelton starting this week with Hooper on the bench.

I am hoping to see the rumoured starting lineup of White-Cooper-To'omua and if we do, I am going to go out on limb and say Australia by 12

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
My guess is that we are going to see Skelton starting this week with Hooper on the bench - Pocock at #8. Horwill starting with Mumm on the bench.

I am hoping to see the rumoured starting lineup of White-Cooper-To'omua and if we do, I am going to go out on limb and say Australia by 12
Skelton at 7?

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Skelton at 7?

Was overthinking that......wondering if we won't see Pocock starting at 7 and Palu starting at #8. Skelton & Pala then subbed early in the 2nd half with the Hooper and Mumm coming on (Pocock to #8)

I think Cheika is going to won't some big boppers out there early to take the big hits that are coming our way, and to dish it right back at them. They are going to start hard and fast.......would hate to in Poey's position right now :eek:

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Wow Woodcock named. I get Franks staying, because he is generally a strong performer. Woodcock though, jeez must be his last chance.

Aside from the obvious Read, McCaw and Retallick, that pack has some holes that we can exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom