• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Of course not, they NEVER are.

ALL the points came through the middle !!! Suppose you cannot remember a shitty Foley kick, culminating in a try that was obviously the sole fault of the piggies. Bastards I say.

Backs are beyond reproach - we all know this.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
If I was picking the back-line......and jeessh I wish I was..... I would be sticking Phipps, Foley and TK on the bench and starting with

9. Genia
10. QC (Quade Cooper)
11. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
12. Kerevi
13. Folau
14. Mitchell
15. DHP

If Mitchell runs out of puff, which his current mid-section might sugges he would, then you could slide TK back in to 13, push DHP to 14 and drop Izzy back to fullback. If there is one position on the field where you can get by with less than top-level fitness it is on the wing and Mitchell is a pure winger with a great understanding of how to defend out wide and how to run a good wingers support line.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Of course not, they NEVER are.

ALL the points came through the middle !!! Suppose you cannot remember a shitty Foley kick, culminating in a try that was obviously the sole fault of the piggies. Bastards I say.

Hey, if the 10 gets static ball from a pack under pressure then the chance of a charge down is multiplied. HE either kicks under pressure or moves deeper and deeper into the pocket

Now if that pack is effectively and accurately cleaning out and going drivning forward, surprise, surprise the 10 has the space and time to do his shit

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hmmmm...interesting. I am too lazy to try research that one Sully but I would be surprised if there is anyone in the current squad who has a better record than QC (Quade Cooper) against the ABs.

I would also be interested to know how many times QC (Quade Cooper) has faced the ABs during his career compared to the others in the squad. There can't be too many beside Genia, Moore & AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) that would be in the same ballpark.

Number of caps v ABs is easy.

ADAM ASHLEY-COOPER 30
STEPHEN MOORE 25
MATT GITEAU 25
WILL GENIA 18
JAMES SLIPPER 18
DAVID POCOCK 17
DREW MITCHELL 15
SEKOPE KEPU 15
ROB SIMMONS 14
DEAN MUMM 12
TATAFU POLATA NAU 12
ISRAEL FOLAU 10
MICHAEL HOOPER 10
QUADE COOPER 10
SCOTT FARDY 9
MATT To'omua 9
TEVITA KURIDRANI 9
BEN MCCALMAN 9
ROB HORNE 7
BERNARD FOLEY 7
NICK PHIPPS 7
SCOTT SIO 6
KANE DOUGLAS 5
WILL SKELTON 4
JAMES HANSON 2
DANE HAYLETT-PETTY 1
HENRY SPEIGHT 1
JOE TOMANE 1
ALLAN Ala'alatoa 1

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Cooper will be frothing to get on the field this weekend. He was the Last 10 that had really good game against the All Black in New Zealand
Rugby media have tipped him play, but they also said him and Genia Were likely to start last week.

I'm sure Foley will start and bore me to death and raise my blood pressure with his inability to kick a ball into touch.
( I'm not a fan of Foley at all)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Hey, if the 10 gets static ball from a pack under pressure then the chance of a charge down is multiplied. HE either kicks under pressure or moves deeper and deeper into the pocket

Now if that pack is effectively and accurately cleaning out and going drivning forward, surprise, surprise the 10 has the space and time to do his shit

Gee I think in the vast majority of games I've watched the 10 is ALWAYS under pressure when exiting. Most are up to it. It is his job. He chooses whether to kick it or not, based on whether it is likely or not likely to be charged down. Foley's kick was just another example of HIS poor execution.

Obviously it was also the forwards who made TK drop the fucking pill in contact, twice I think.

I am OK with the forwards taking their share of a loss but plenty of credit must be attributable to the mighty backs

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
If I was Foley i would shape and fake to kick every time I touched the ball with defenders in front of me. I thought the defence over committed to the charge last week, surely they'll do the same in wullington.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Fixeded.

9. NP
10. QC (Quade Cooper)
11. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
12. RH
13. SK
14. IF
15. DHP
You would drop genia after last week? I thought genia was pretty good. Certainly better then all 3 england tests that phipps played. I know Phipps played well on the wing last week but thats not really the same as playing scrumhalf

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Reasonable people such as your self will have fair expectations for Quade if he plays 12. Most people won't. He is so unfairly hated by so many people in NSW.....

Untrue. When Quade wears green and gold he has my full support. If you want to rabbit on about unreasonable interstate bias let me tell you the story of the Ellas at Ballymore in 1982. A first-hand story.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Gee I think in the vast majority of games I've watched the 10 is ALWAYS under pressure when exiting. Most are up to it. It is his job. He chooses whether to kick it or not, based on whether it is likely or not likely to be charged down. Foley's kick was just another example of HIS poor execution.

Obviously it was also the forwards who made TK drop the fucking pill in contact, twice I think.

I am OK with the forwards taking their share of a loss but plenty of credit must be attributable to the mighty backs

Wallabies great Stirling Mortlock on current team: Can't scrum, can't lineout, can't tackle, can't kick

"There's set piece issues, there's defence issues, there's breakdown issues, there's kicking issues ... there's not many good things going on currently," Mortlock said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...cant-scrum-cant-lineout-cant-tackle-cant-kick

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
'deckchairs on titanic' with respect to the backline is such lazy shitposting. The forwards weren't responsible for the dreadful kicking by our 'playmakers', the numerous dropped balls by the other backs or their colander style defence.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Untrue. When Quade wears green and gold he has my full support. If you want to rabbit on about unreasonable interstate bias let me tell you the story of the Ellas at Ballymore in 1982. A first-hand story.
I didnt say anything about you. It isnt untrue that he is unfairly hated by alot of people in NSW. Just go on any rugby post on facebook involving Quade and see for yourself. I also dont think what happened involving the Ellas 34 years ago is much of a comparison. Just because you and most of the NSW fans on here dont blindly hate quade doesnt mean many other people dont.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I didnt say anything about you. It isnt untrue that he is unfairly hated by alot of people in NSW. Just go on any rugby post on facebook involving Quade and see for yourself. I also dont think what happened involving the Ellas 34 years ago is much of a comparison. Just because you and most of the NSW fans on here dont blindly hate quade doesnt mean many other people dont.

NSW fans love Quade in comparison to the shit he cops from the Kiwis

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
NSW fans love Quade in comparison to the shit he cops from the Kiwis
I did actually say NZ as well, it just got paraphrased out. I find the kiwi comments always seem to just be them bragging about how good they are and that Quade would never make the ABs rather then anything personal.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I did actually say NZ as well, it just got paraphrased out. I find the kiwi comments always seem to just be them bragging about how good they are and that Quade would never make the ABs rather then anything personal.

Dunno the continual booing appears to be personal to me

Status
Not open for further replies.