• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Kerevi was on a hiding to nothing in this match - if someone drops him for that, then they should fucking drop every other pillock who's run out against the all blacks multiple times and fucking failed.

He was dropped after two matches against the english when he was fine.

Now let's drop him again after he struggled against the all blacks on their home turf in a team that is just awful across almost every basic skill.

Good way to ruin a guy's confidence.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
What a shit show.

Some brief glimpses of rugby between all the debating out there. Aus fronted with the aggro but ffs, they still never even looked like coming close to scoring a try til garbage time in 78th min. As I typed out ages ago, still amazed DHPetty is out there. Offers zero. Missed plenty of tackles. I remember it was him last week who Crotty strolled past down the touchline, Crot the Grot with his 7-mph derelict geriatric 3-mm leg lift waddle /shuffle thing

Match never really had a chance, what with Poites “scrum penalties”, delivered from upon high as some sort of artful embellishment, perhaps, in his mind, to "put a stop to this messy scrum business."

I'm gunna do it. I'm going to be THAT guy.
Poite just took a steaming turd on the legitimacy of world rugby. No wonder it's dying in the Southern Hemisphere. That was utterly unwatchable.
Dawned on me after about 20 mins: this fuckin wanker ref just fuckin hates rugby.

"At first I wanted to be the Pope but the other clergyman teased me mercilessly so one day in a pique of anger I tearfully tore off my cassock and stormed outside into the pouring rain in my undershorts and a local coach, there for an under 10's match, about to get underway with no referee, saw me in my undershorts and mistook me for a rugger person and, noticing my age, handed me a whistle and asked me to officiate the match. I was so furious at the bullying in the vestibule that I just whistled up everything and unbelievably the P.E master thought I was some sort of rugby rules expert. Ever since I've just been making it up as I went along, learnign as I go. Still no idea about scrums though. I just choose a side beforehand and try to blow the whistle as quickly as possible, so as to appear decisive and authoritative."

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Bit better, still a firm believer that our main issue is Psychological and that stems from the fact that we are both inferior in mind set and the ABs far superior (almost a manifestation of their ongoing success and great support base, all culminating in just a generally better culture, development system and Rugby Union which feeds itself in a way).

Defence and Set Piece can be fixed, but even when we do have success in both areas we ALWAYS struggle, and I think it firmly comes down to a lack of self belief and drive when we hit a bump in the road.

i said this after last week. We play the best team in the world more regularly then anyone else. It's bound to have an impact on self belief. I do believe the mindset of ABs being superior isn't just in OZ rugby but internationally (including referees).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Paging Dismal Pillock for his take on the game & activities at the Dam of Phil Kearns Tears

DPKT currently waaaay too unstable to be safely approached. Pretty sure, tho, that this is an actual image of the Bile Ducts of Phil Kearns right now:

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 217

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Was a shit game to try make an impact at 13. Not Kerevi's best night out but think he will get the next two games though. To'omua is quite a different 12 to Foley which should suit his game more so may hinge what happens elsewhere.

I think he is a 12 and would play him there but don't see it happening in the short term. Really hope the Reds play him there, if he and Cooper can develop a partnership next year it could be tried at test level.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
had NZ comms on so unqualified to gauge literage output per second of The Kearns Tears. Although did read he actually commended Coleman for his late shot on Ben Smith? That wouldve been an interesting justification.
"Thats the aggro we noooeed, stand up to these pricks, when Coleman comes back on Ben Smith will be hearing the footsteps oh shit we just leaked 2 tries with that guy off the field, who was that?, discipline, that's what we're lacking tonight."

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Was a shit game to try make an impact at 13. Not Kerevi's best night out but think he will get the next two games though. To'omua is quite a different 12 to Foley which should suit hsi game more.

I think he is a 12 and would play him there but don't see it happening in the short term. Really hope the Reds play him there, if he and Cooper can develop a partnership next year it could be tried at test level.

I think that's the key. A good pre-season and season with Cooper at 10 - he'll go well. I wouldn't chuck him into 12 in a Test yet, and he'll probably go better against SA or Arg at 13, if that happens. Biggest issue is defence at 13. I hope in the next 2 weeks they work on a simpler defensive game. Too much shifting and shuffling for mine.

Saxter

Stan Wickham (3)
Is Dane Coles the worst person since hitler?

Yup - he's the new Ali Williams. Dirtier than a Bangkok girly bar. It just shows the lack of chutzpah in our pack that his ribs are still intact. What an opportunity!![/quote]

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Comprehensively beaten. And again, it's all in the things that one would expect professional players to have a grasp of (apologies to Burke, M.). The alignment of the backline is not at test level. We can't adapt to turnovers or line breaks - either for or against us. We can't capitalise on good individual efforts (see good breaks made by Folau or Genia as an example), and nearly every time our opponents win possession or make a break, they punish us.

Our backline defence at he breakdown is ordinary. There are times where I can't tell if we're using umbrella or sliding defence. Tonight we either bunched in, or our ourside backs spread wide and pushed up, and big holes were left in he midfield.

New Zealand generally play simple rugby. Their forwards niggle and upset the opposition. Their backs are are disciplined in defence, patient, and know how to exploit opposition errors. Keep it simple, pressure the opposition, and strike. How many times do you hear that at training runs at schools and clubs on both sides of the Tasman each week?

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Comprehensively beaten. And again, it's all in the things that one would expect professional players to have a grasp of (apologies to Burke, M.). The alignment of the backline is not at test level. We can't adapt to turnovers or line breaks - either for or against us. We can't capitalise on good individual efforts (see good breaks made by Folau or Genia as an example), and nearly every time our opponents win possession or make a break, they punish us.

Our backline defence at he breakdown is ordinary. There are times where I can't tell if we're using umbrella or sliding defence. Tonight we either bunched in, or our ourside backs spread wide and pushed up, and big holes were left in he midfield.

New Zealand generally play simple rugby. Their forwards niggle and upset the opposition. Their backs are are disciplined in defence, patient, and know how to exploit opposition errors. Keep it simple, pressure the opposition, and strike. How many times do you hear that at training runs at schools and clubs on both sides of the Tasman each week?
Agreed. But niggle is the wrong word, I would replace it with cheat

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah even Poite couldn't overlook that one

yet WR (World Rugby) will rule that Poite was in no position to adjudicate and further add that under WR (World Rugby) 63 (c) (iv) Kane Douglas was offside and guilty of not releasing the ball in a maul. He will be sanctioned to a 2 games suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.