• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Great to see the Wallabies held scoreless.
Once a team develops a habit of losing it becomes permanent.
Pointing the finger at the ref doesn't cut it.
Just found out the battery life on the listening device was only 3 days -so it confirms it was planted especially for the All Black meetings.

Your deductive reasoning skills are incredible. You've probably just worked out who was behind the "Rainbow Warrior" terrorist plot.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Re Phipps. Just misplaced confected outrage by NZers trying to deflect further discussion of the Franks' animal act.

Re the meeting Peyper/Hanson. Peyper was an appointed official (Assistant Referee no less) for the upcoming Bledisloe 2 game. Claiming it was about something that came out of Bledisloe 1 is no more than a smokescreen. If that was the case, the meeting could have, and should have, occurred after Bledisloe 2. It is a very bad look, and anyone who believes that matters relating to Bledisloe 2 weren't discussed is very naive. It has all the appearance of Peyper acting as an agent for Poite but regardless, if it occurred, it was simply improper for any match official to be meeting with one of the coaching staff to the exclusion of the other. I won't hold my breath waiting for some sort of sanction.

A

All Black Magic

Hold on - some on the forum were trying to say it could be an old device meant for a previous guest...
Just making sure you don't hide in that corner.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
My 2 cents:

Franks should have been yellow carded. No two ways about it. There is an argument for a red but I don't think that it's a slam dunk. Which may be why no citing - I don't know but yellow card definitely.

I was hoping that QC (Quade Cooper) wouldn't get booed and sitting at home with family watching the game, we were cringing everytime it happened. Fortunately it didn't seem to last long and hopefully it not far from fully disappearing.

I don't understand how some of the same people who are so angry about Franks are at the same time almost happy about Coleman. I understand that one got away with his act while the other got pinged but some people seem to think that hitting a guy late with a shoulder charge is some kind of sign of being tough or hard?! Apparently while Douglas could have list an eye, Barrett was in little to no danger of serious injury at all?! Fortunately, most of the posters here seem to agree it was a pretty poor act.

I love all the videos Shiggins has posted. It's a good example of what's wrong with Australian Rugby. The rest of the world is against Aus, you have to change the rules to make the game more appealing, there are secret meeting between refs and coaches, Paddy O'Brien made all the refs scared of the All Blacks etc etc. I went thru this personally back in 2007 with Barnes. Fortunately, the All Blacks didn't and seemingly decided to just be good enough at doing the things that you can control to not allow the things you can't control decide the outcome.

Finally, I felt for Fardy last nite. He's a player who has grown on me and I couldn't believe he got pulled so early.

PS. Looking forward to the break-down stats
Agree here. Yellow both ways deserved. As an aussie i cant argue with coleman card. Very silly play from an otherwise good display from coleman.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

A

All Black Magic

Hey - While you are on the improper subject ....
What about the listening device you planted ?

A

All Black Magic

No gambling syndicate involved -wishful thinking I'm afraid.
A listening device in a chair sounds like Get Smart from the seventies.
Things have moved on from there and so by the way has rugby coaching.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It seems pretty clear to me that the Wallabies had placed a second listening device in Malakai Fekitoa's boot and Nick Phipps was just trying to dispose of the evidence.

In other news, jet fuel can't melt steel beams and the government are controlling our minds through chemtrails, fluoridated water and vaccines.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
This place would melt down if the boot was on (or rather off in this case) the other proverbial foot. Admit that :)

Don't know about that. Maybe smouldered a bit. We have enough posters who don't like Phipps that if it was the worst thing from Saturday he'd be crucified. It was silly. But a poor deflection from other matters by a few late trolls.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
No matter how bad the ref might have been, for Cheika to play it out in the media is really childish. Follow the channels. Keep it behind closed doors. Having a cry in public will do nobody any good.

He knows and we all know that nothing good will EVER come from criticising refs in public. Never have and never will. They are a protected species and if we are all honest for a minute to start opening them up to an enquiry after every match will be a disaster. Just think about the ramifications for a sec. No sport allows it and for good reason.

Nothing good will come from this.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No matter how bad the ref might have been, for Cheika to play it out in the media is really childish. Follow the channels. Keep it behind closed doors. Having a cry in public will do nobody any good.

He knows and we all know that nothing good will EVER come from criticising refs in public. Never have and never will. They are a protected species and if we are all honest for a minute to start opening them up to an enquiry after every match will be a disaster. Just think about the ramifications for a sec. No sport allows it and for good reason.

Nothing good will come from this.

Can't argue with that.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Just found out the battery life on the listening device was only 3 days -so it confirms it was planted especially for the All Black meetings.

Or it had a lithium battery. Common to many portable devices.

its-science-anchorman.gif

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Can't argue with that.

Particularly given his past history with officials.

If this is part of a master plan, I'm not sure what it is. His record is currently:

2 incidents in Europe >5 years ago involving fines
A cameraman in South Africa
Jaco Peyper at the Cheetahs game

Now this. Walking a fine line without doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.