• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Rebels R13 Saturday 5:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
One big positive I took out of that game, the determination and impact amped up after O'Connor went off. There is some real potential there.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I didn't see the game, but saw "highlights" with JOC (James O'Connor)'s 'not so hard knock'! Is he soft or was he sore before the match? Anyway, we don't need him or KB (Kurtley Beale).
Quade 4 me against Lions, which the Wobs should win!!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Ok.
I am completely over people defending Inman and blaming others .
Here is a link.
Go to 4:02.
Inman. 13.
No one else is responsible for this miss. There's no excuse for it and, in fact, he could not have hoped for a better angle or to have got more shoulder on than he did.
This is club level defense at best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tackling was entirely optional in this game.

Vuna, Inman and JOC (James O'Connor) were all particularly average in defence.

The Blues weren't much better. Ranger's defence was also poor. Like Inman, his defence seems to alternate between smashing someone and missing a simple tackle.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

The Blues weren't much better. Ranger's defence was also poor. Like Inman, his defence seems to alternate between smashing someone and missing a simple tackle.
The Blues look like they're coached by an old style winger.

D

daz

The Rebels have lost a bit of structure on the wings the last few weeks. If you look at the Chiefs and the Blues game, at least half of the tries scored against the Rebels was out wide.

Vuna and Inman in particular are being sucked in and leaving a couple of opposition blokes out wide for quick ball. The Rebels just don't react quickly enough to cover those wings.

Vuna used to sit so far out wide he was standing outside the field of play. Recently he is now standing almost midfield!

Inman missed a few against the Blues for this very reason; I assume he either didn't know who he was covering, or was trying to second guess who Vuna was covering. Just poor structure and specifically, communication.

Having said that, Mitch's workrate has been immense recently.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I didn't see the game, but saw "highlights" with JOC (James O'Connor)'s 'not so hard knock'! Is he soft or was he sore before the match? Anyway, we don't need him or KB (Kurtley Beale).
Quade 4 me against Lions, which the Wobs should win!!
He looked ginger from the start - hacked at his kicks, missed easy tackles, no spark. Sam Cane put a late hit on him last week and it wouldn't surprise me if he was carrying a neck injury from it.

He's tough as nails. I mean, he tried to play on after lacerating his liver last year!

Reactions: daz
D

daz

Agree Chris. JOC (James O'Connor) is a tough little bugger and I don't think he can be labelled soft.

He tackles well on the whole. Sure he goes high and bounces off, or grabs fresh air from time to time, but he is a princess after all - I fully expect a few missed tackles from him occasionally.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

I can't comment on this particular game but Ranger is a pretty good defender. He's apparently missed 9 tackles this year in total for an 85% tackle rate while also making 7 pilfers (3rd behind only Liam Gill and G. Smith) and having one of the tbest turn-over ball numbers as well. I don't know if Inman smashes a lot of guys like Ranger does but I don't think he figures as highly in those other stats either.

Stats taken from Fantasy Rugby :)

Status
Not open for further replies.