• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Thankfully for the Wallabies this suspension will have no effect.

The Reds will miss him terribly not only around the park but at scrum time. The Saders will lick their lip at Daley Saia/Hanson and Holmes and will surely target that area even more than they would have.

Reds are travelling badly and players will now be playing (more than ever) for Wallaby spots. Probably works out Ok for Slips with a mid season break of 3 weeks to get rid of any niggles etc - but of course loses a bit of match fitness going into the Froggies tests.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well fair enough, obviously the judicary agree with you Ash, and I really have no problem with that at all. They would of looked at more than the once I did.

Yeah, I was never saying it didn't deserve a suspension, just the lower end of suspensions. The lowest end starts at four weeks, which was higher than I thought, not not by much. In the end, two to three weeks for that tackle seems fair enough to me for someone without priors.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
BTW, McCalman only got two weeks for this:

I think that's wrong, to me that was worse than Slipper's. As I said on the other thread, I think that McCalman can count himself as very, very lucky.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think that Benny Mac's is a bit different.

The math went:

4 weeks for lifting tackle
+ 2 weeks for deterrent
-2 weeks for good behaviour/record
- 2 weeks for the fact that the kiwi acted like a stupid fucking git holding onto his head when it didn't even make any contact with the ground.

= 2 weeks.

That sounded fair.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
BTW, McCalman only got two weeks for this:

I think that's wrong, to me that was worse than Slipper's. As I said on the other thread, I think that McCalman can count himself as very, very lucky.

Someone challenged me, on another thread I think, about my claim that the Sanzar judiciary was totally inconsistent. I rest my case.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It might be a different argument but the inconsistency of SANZAR is clear to me when Stephen Moore was not cited for his cheap shot. For whatever reason he threw a punch, sure in retaliation for an infringement but he threw a fucking punch. The ref should have maybe awarded a penalty for Quirk's stupidity BUT he threw a punch - should have been rubbed for 6 weeks

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My point is the inconsistency - It was a deliberate punch !!!!!!!

This was a 3 week suspension from a punch in Super Rugby in 2012.

Consistency would suggest that Moore should have been yellow carded because he did throw a punch, but to suggest he should have been suspended seems a bit over the top to me. He didn't punch Quirk in the head and there wasn't a whole lot of venom behind it.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The following week Flip got two weeks for a similar lunch against the Waratahs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The following week Flip got two weeks for a similar lunch against the Waratahs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Flip punched Paddy Ryan in the head whilst he was unprotected. Far more similarity to the Haskell punch above.

I am not defending what Moore did and he should have been yellow carded, but he didn't punch Quirk in the head and I think that changes things significantly.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
This was a 3 week suspension from a punch in Super Rugby in 2012.

Consistency would suggest that Moore should have been yellow carded because he did throw a punch, but to suggest he should have been suspended seems a bit over the top to me. He didn't punch Quirk in the head and there wasn't a whole lot of venom behind it.

It doesn't matter where he punched him - body, balls or whereever - its the act of throwing the cheap shot

Anyway BH - am over it - we'll move on to the next interesting topic - lovely to chat - regards

Status
Not open for further replies.