• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bok Arm Bands for Botha

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

Very pathetic IMO for a guy that has a long history of cheap shots.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
He has got away with so much over the years, to get unfairly penalised for something is god's punishment.

H

Hugonaut

You wear a black band – on very rare occasions – to honour
the death of a player, generally a great player, a hero of the game and
a sporting hero of the country. To wear a white band for a chap who got
a plausible [if probably unwarranted] two week ban demeans the black
band. Bunch of f*cking chumps.

R

rugbywhisperer

Zen master agrees - Kharma is omnipotent and pervasive - you can't escape it.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
fucking hell is that what that was?
what a pack of pigs.
first their coaches comments and now this. have they heard of sportsmanship?
fucking dirt bags

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Hugonaut said:

Let's face it - the South Africans are a bunch of fluffybunnys. The ridiculous amount of cheap shots and niggle off the ball, even in the Lions Game 3 with the series decided, demonstrates what pathetic scumbag human beings they are.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Why bother with white armbands, it's the cheap shots off the ball that truly honour Botha's memory.

Found this quote pretty funny
John B said:
Despite that, wearing armbands is just­ pathetic. Should the Lions have worn black armbands­ over their eyes in a show of disgust over a poxy 8 week­ ban for attempting to gouge someone's eyes out.­ Should they have worn referee coloured armbands to­ demonstrate that the refereeing is what cost them this­ series not talent.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
naza said:
Hugonaut said:

Let's face it - the South Africans are a bunch of fluffybunnys. The ridiculous amount of cheap shots and niggle off the ball, even in the Lions Game 3 with the series decided, demonstrates what pathetic scumbag human beings they are.
Naza, I think this is just a TAD over the top. Seriously, it aint funny.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
It is almost too much to believe. How on earth is an international coach allowed to get away with comments like his, and how pathetic of the South Africans with the arm bands.

I'm stunned and disgusted. South Aftrica is now officially my most hated team.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
cyclopath said:
naza said:
Hugonaut said:

Lol, seriously, if it came from anyone else other than Naza I'd take it seriously...

The Boks have really let themselves down. It starts at the top and the top is rotten to the core. The armbands, uncalled for niggle and all the off field ranting shows lack of leadership and a team culture which which is clearly not about doing things for the sake of the team.

It's all put a dampener on what should have been a great serious victory.

As for calling people "animals" and "pigs" displays exactly the same lack of class. Mediocre, much like our esteemed coach who can't stop himself from shooting his mouth off.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Blue said:
Mediocre, much like our esteemed coach who can't stop himself from shooting his mouth off.

Got to disagree with you there Blue: "shoot" indicates some sort of weapon.

I've always preferred the term verbal diarrhoea - when I can spell it correctly (thanks google :thumb)

Far more accurate for your current coach methinks.

S

Spook

Blue said:
cyclopath said:
naza said:
Hugonaut said:

Lol, seriously, if it came from anyone else other than Naza I'd take it seriously...

The Boks have really let themselves down. It starts at the top and the top is rotten to the core. The armbands, uncalled for niggle and all the off field ranting shows lack of leadership and a team culture which which is clearly not about doing things for the sake of the team.

It's all put a dampener on what should have been a great serious victory.

As for calling people "animals" and "pigs" displays exactly the same lack of class. Mediocre, much like our esteemed coach who can't stop himself from shooting his mouth off.

I can't help thinking this was puppets idea.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Botha didn't deserve time for that cleanout, but he gets away with so many cheap shots he gets little sympathy from me.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Maybe the problem is not what he did or the fact he got suspended. The problem is that it is against the laws of the game and every team does it and no one else gets penalised or suspended.It is dangerous and needs to be shut down. I noticed one of the lions did it in the 3rd test. No penalty

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
“Adam is due to have surgery on Monday and he could be out for anything up to six months, which is very, very sad,” said Lions head doctor, James Robson.

How's Botha the victim here again ? Sheez.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
The uncontrolled clean out was always a personal bug bear of mine when I played. Some players would "superman" themselves into the ruck (into an opposition player) from a running start and I always felt like a pussy when complaining about it. It was almost impossible to defend yourself if you are already in the ruck and bound onto either your teammate or the opposition. It is very easy to do a serious injury (knees, sholuders or neck) in these situations depending upon where the superman aims at you.

Two weeks is fair punishment in my view.

I do feel sorry for Botha for having to work with PDV though, imagine having to sit through the tactics discussions!

Status
Not open for further replies.