• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bok Arm Bands for Botha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Sully said:
Maybe the problem is not what he did or the fact he got suspended. The problem is that it is against the laws of the game and every team does it and no one else gets penalised or suspended.It is dangerous and needs to be shut down. I noticed one of the lions did it in the 3rd test. No penalty

And you'll hear some Kiwis cry that Thompson got done for it against the French in the Dunedin Test recently. People who complain about those sorts of penalties haven't read the rules, or choose to ignore them.

The fact is it is against the Laws that state you must bind. Flying in with the shoulder, off your feet, is against at least two of the Laws, and can include Foul Play as well.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Why do all Lions tours end up like this?

Doesn't matter who they play, there's always bad blood.

I don't think they like it up 'em.

R

rugbywhisperer

NTA said:
Sully said:
Maybe the problem is not what he did or the fact he got suspended. The problem is that it is against the laws of the game and every team does it and no one else gets penalised or suspended.It is dangerous and needs to be shut down. I noticed one of the lions did it in the 3rd test. No penalty
And you'll hear some Kiwis cry that Thompson got done for it against the French in the Dunedin Test recently. People who complain about those sorts of penalties haven't read the rules, or choose to ignore them.
The fact is it is against the Laws that state you must bind. Flying in with the shoulder, off your feet, is against at least two of the Laws, and can include Foul Play as well.

Thank you NTA - about time someone noticed. What he did was foul play and it caused a severe injury - case closed.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Scarfman said:
Why do all Lions tours end up like this?

Doesn't matter who they play, there's always bad blood.

I don't think they like it up 'em.

Its been interesting that lions supporters have been whinging about the foul play on the last three lions tours but not one of them has mentioned that 89 tour to Aus.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
rugbywhisperer said:
Thank you NTA - about time someone noticed. What he did was foul play and it caused a severe injury - case closed.

To me, the injury isn't the main thing. Its the intent, and always should be at judiciary hearings. If I perform exactly the same "superman" ruck act against Bakkies, he's far less likely to be hurt than Drew Mitchell. But my intent was the same.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
OK so you lot blame it on Bakkies being a thug, or the usual Naza all Saffers are dirty one or its Snor decision or some personal attack on what ever.

The players feeled that is a stupid law and they decided to do something about it and they even got the backing by Hoskins (BLUE HOSKINS). So they went through their channels of grieving through Sarpu and it all end up with the arm bands. A collective decition on a wrong rugby law.

Understand me clear here, I am not backing this or feel they did the right thing, just try to put their hat on my head.

I am living in SA and I get challenged with this thing they call democrazy a lot. Grew up as law is it in the old SA and got bliksemed if you dont stick with it but nowadays the youth get teach to challenge any vokken thing.

Afterall they havent wear a black one for some sir having a heart attack or some political party's kak, its a rugby matter and they felt strong about it. Right or wrong but I'll give them credit to go there as a team.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
NTA said:
rugbywhisperer said:

To me, the injury isn't the main thing. Its the intent, and always should be at judiciary hearings. If I perform exactly the same "superman" ruck act against Bakkies, he's far less likely to be hurt than Drew Mitchell. But my intent was the same.
You obvious think the Tahs and Wallabies do the right rucking binding mode, hey? :nta:

Reading the comments here its obvious a Bakkies thing.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Right or wrong but I'll give them credit to go there as a team.
They went to Kamp Staaldraat as a team as well, did the tapes of that ever show up?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Moses said:
PaarlBok said:
They went to Kamp Staaldraat as a team as well, did the tapes of that ever show up?
As long as they stay away from the Aus League lot. Thats where they'll learn the wrong habits.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
OK so you lot blame it on Bakkies being a thug, or the usual Naza all Saffers are dirty one or its Snor decision or some personal attack on what ever.
I thought I said it wasn't a botha thing but I agreed with the penaty and that there should be more of them. It is not the way players should enter a ruck and has never been legal

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
PaarlBok said:
You obvious think the Tahs and Wallabies do the right rucking binding mode, hey? :nta:

Reading the comments here its obvious a Bakkies thing.

Not at all Oom - but he gave us a good example of it :)

I think its rampant in rugby at the moment - jeez I've seen it happen at our local rugby (both for and against my club) and the refs don't stamp on it hard enough sometimes.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Moses said:
PaarlBok said:

Moses I guarantee you the players did not want to go to Staaldraad. I personally know one of the squad in those days well and it's one of the hairiest stories I have ever heard. He seriously considered walking out but was actually too scared.

That was another lunatic coach - Straueli's idea.

The rules written into the South African constitution is that every second coach, by law, has to be a complete and utter twisted and paranoid fucking lunatic.

There is some choice though. There is a choice between bipolar disorder or schizophrenia as the primary condition that the coach must have, or at least one of the two. Severely low self esteem is an absolute must to get a look in.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Blue said:
Moses said:
PaarlBok said:

Moses I guarantee you the players did not want to go to Staaldraad. I personally know one of the squad in those days well and it's one of the hairiest stories I have ever heard. He seriously considered walking out but was actually too scared.

That was another lunatic coach - Straueli's idea.

The rules written into the South African constitution is that every second coach, by law, has to be a complete and utter twisted and paranoid fucking lunatic.

There is some choice though. There is a choice between bipolar disorder or schizophrenia as the primary condition that the coach must have, or at least one of the two. Severely low self esteem is an absolute must to get a look in.
Sure was one Schalk Burger as a newbie wanted to jump ship. His dad wanted to tear in Strauli about this one. But then he is now judge a thug so maybe he got his knock from there.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Oom Paarl, God bless you, but don't expect to get much sympathy defending Skulk and Bakkies. You'll be putting in a good word for Krige next.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Scarfman said:
Oom Paarl, God bless you, but don't expect to get much sympathy defending Skulk and Bakkies. You'll be putting in a good word for Krige next.

Ah.

Now, I haven't explained about the terms of the Paarl Gym blood oath, have I...?

Mind you, it would be as bad as Australians defending Duncan McRae... ;)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thomond78 said:
Scarfman said:

Ah.

Now, I haven't explained about the terms of the Paarl Gym blood oath, have I...?

Mind you, it would be as bad as Australians defending Duncan McRae... ;)
Sorry Thomo, Krige was part of our Arc Enemies, he is a through and through Galpil (Paarl Boishaaier). :lmao: :yay

Status
Not open for further replies.