• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bok Arm Bands for Botha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
NTA said:
Its a blight on the game fp.

i agree with that. spear tackles have been regulated so thoroughly** because it is a dangerous act on a defenseless player. i'm not entirely sure how barreling into a ruck shoulder/head first is really any different in definition.

yeah, probably no one is going to snap a neck, but there isn't much you can do to protect yourself when bound. especially properly. arms tied in, on feet, butt up most exposes the back/ribs/shoulder area. or might be looking up and take it in the kisser.

at least a few rather significant injuries from this kind of thing. needs to go.

** in most cases

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Its like asking every player to occasionally pack a scrum against one other person who gets a run up.

Major Spliff Biggins

Fred Wood (13)
The South African team's reaction to Botha's ban is horrific.

I find their indignation almost amusing; especially going on the soft disciplinary reaction to Burger's indescretion.

Their Union needs sanctioning by the IRB for bringing the game into disrepute.

I cannot think of another national team carrying on like such pork chops following a perceived injustice since Ranatunga brought the Sri Lankans off the pitch when Murilitharan was no balled for chucking!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Major Spliff Biggins said:
I cannot think of another national team carrying on like such pork chops following a perceived injustice since Ranatunga brought the Sri Lankans off the pitch when Murilitharan was no balled for chucking!

Pakistan accusing Darryl Hair of being racist after they were the ones who refused to come out and play.

F

formeropenside

NTA said:
Major Spliff Biggins said:

Pakistan accusing Darryl Hair of being racist after they were the ones who refused to come out and play.

India in Australia when Harbhajan was suspended for racial abuse.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Murali refusing to tour Australia cause the crowds called him names... never seemed to bother Hadlee though.

Try as they might, the scumboks will never get to the levels of a sub-continental hissy fit.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah but that's because they occasionally rein themselves in with a bit of stubborn Dutch sensibility. The subcontinent has no such thing - I have yet to meet the Indian bloke who doesn't get fired up about cricket, no matter where they're from.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The sub continent cricketers and people in general don't think they are better than the rest of the world, they just think the rest of the world is out to get them.

Where as the Boks don't think the world is out to get them, they just think they are better than the rest of the world.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Scotty said:
Where as the Boks don't think the world is out to get them, except when they're at a judiciary hearing not run by their own union, they just think they are better than the rest of the world.

Fixed

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
NTA said:
Yeah but that's because they occasionally rein themselves in with a bit of stubborn Dutch sensibility. The subcontinent has no such thing - I have yet to meet the Indian bloke who doesn't get fired up about cricket, no matter where they're from.
Oh Nick aint that a bit of generalisating Boet? Coming from a Convict country like yourself. No wonder you lot is a bit arrogant whinening press loving lot on the sunday after a test be it cricket or rugby. We still have to learn that habit to catch up. :yay

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
PaarlBok said:
No wonder you lot is a bit arrogant whinening press loving lot on the sunday after a test be it cricket or rugby. We still have to learn that habit to catch up. :yay

Ask your rugby coach Oom - he seems to have it al! ;)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
NTA said:
PaarlBok said:
No wonder you lot is a bit arrogant whinening press loving lot on the sunday after a test be it cricket or rugby. We still have to learn that habit to catch up. :yay

Ask your rugby coach Oom - he seems to have it al! ;)
Ja he he have that Convict side, joined Mandela at Robben Island in the time played rugby for Saru in between.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Alright, alright. I think we all know where we stand on Bakkies Botha ...

... his nuts.

Thank you, thank you, you've been a wonderful audience, goodnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.