• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I thought I recalled him playing in #1 for Force. Perhaps it's both. Perhaps I'm just wrong. I just liked the cut of his jib and remember being disappointed when he left because he was scummaging properly and was a weapon ball in hand
Signed as a loosie by Graham. Converted to a tightie by Foley. I liked him as a player. Don't know why he left- best guess fell out of favour. Hopefully being a bit older he will be more consistent. Reckon he could be a good pick up.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
No way will De Guigand get much time ahead of Hewat, despite being a superior player at this moment in time and in good form. From what I've heard, the amount of influence the QRU talent people i.e Cordingley have in NRC squad and game-23 selection is significant.

T

TOCC

Well... you need to ask, what's the desired outcome, to use the NRC to develop those players like to represent the Reds next year or treat it as a representative teams for the QPR.

Are the two goals mutually exclusive? In some regard I think they are, in others they aren't. I think they need to find the right balance.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think the best XV with availability would be:

1. Sam Talakai
2. Andrew Ready
3. Markus Vanzati
4. Kane Douglas (depending on wallabies)
5. Lukhan Tui
6. Adam Korczyk (depending on wallabies)
7. Michael Gunn
8. Reece Hewat
9. Nick Frisby
10. Quade Cooper
11. Chris Kuridrani
12. Henry Taefu
13. Lachlan Maranta
14. Ed Fidow
15. Jayden Ngamanu
RESERVES
16. Maile Ngauamo
17. Laione M
18. Salesi Manu
19. Dan Gorman
20. Jeremiah Lynch
21. Moses Sorovi
22. AJ Alatimu
23. Junior Laloifi

T

TOCC

Assuming Hunt and Kerevi won't be included due to Wallabies call-up, and i think players like De Guingand and King need to be rewarded for their QPR form:

1. Vanzati
2. Ready
3. Talakai
4. Douglas
5. Tui
6. Korczyk
7. De Guingand
8. King
9. Frisby
10. Cooper
11. Fidow
12. Taefu
13. Maranta
14. Kuridrani
15. Laloifi

16. Manu
17. Fotuaika
18. Ma'afu
19. Richards
20. Hewat
21. Sorovi
22. Alatimu
23. Ngamanu

Well with the news that King is out, that opens the door for Hewat to take the number 8 position unopposed.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Kerevi will no doubt feature in the City side now that he has been dropped from the Wallabies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Question: are tickets on sale yet? I'm keen to get some for the first round game at Ballymore.

Free entry.

Bravo.

757e44e3f40e35305376463bcc1edd63.png

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
i'm from Fiji and i i find the name Fijian Drua very humiliating :( ..i'll just call them The Warriors here :/

Status
Not open for further replies.