• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Douglas, Korczk and Kerevi back to play this week, so may see a team of:

1. Vanzati
2. Ready
3. Talakai?
4. Douglas
5. Tui
6. Korczyk
7. De Guingand
8. King
9. Frisby
10. Cooper
11. Fidow
12. Kerevi
13. Maranta
14. Kuridrani
15. Laloifi

16. Manu
17. Fotuaika
18. Ma'afu
19. Richards
20. Hewat
21. Sorovi
22. Taefu
23. Ngamanu

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
You don't want to do a Fiji season preview for our main page do you?

I have written a dozen articles for TheRoar before but i have lost interest in writing articles now, sorry, I do know a majority of the Drua players but not all of them. I will try to help in the future if the need arises though :)

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
I have written a dozen articles for TheRoar before but i have lost interest in writing articles now, sorry, I do know a majority of the Drua players but not all of them. I will try to help in the future if the need arises though :)

WP, what does Drua (Fiji Drua) mean?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
WP, what does Drua (Fiji Drua) mean?

It is one of these.

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
its a type of sailing boat which was used in the South Pacific for voyaging, the double canoe one is called a Drua and invented in Fiji, it was used in the Disney Moana film as well.

T

TOCC

Brisbane City side to face Fijian Drua:

1. Laione Mulikihaamea – GPS (Brisbane City debut)
2. Andrew Ready (C) – Reds/Easts
3. Sam Talakai – Reds/Brothers
4. Kane Douglas – Reds/Norths
5. Lukhan Tui – Reds/Souths
6. Adam Korcyzk – Reds/University of Queensland
7. Michael Gunn – Reds/Easts
8. Reece Hewat – Reds/Norths (NRC debut)
9. Moses Sorovi – Reds/University of Queensland
10. Quade Cooper – Reds/Souths
11. Lachlan Maranta – Reds/Wests (NRC debut)
12. AJ Alatimu – GPS (Brisbane City debut)
13. Samu Kerevi – Reds/Souths
14. Ed Fidow – Wests (NRC debut)
15. Jayden Ngamanu – Reds/Souths

16. Maile Ngauamo – Souths (Potential Brisbane City debut)
17. Markus Vanzati – Reds/Souths
18. Feao Fotuaika – Sunnybank
19. Dan Gorman – GPS
20. Pat Morrey – University of Queensland (Potential NRC debut)
21. Issak Fines-Leleiwasa - Sunnybank (Potential Brisbane City debut)
22. Henry Taefu – Reds/Sunnybank
23. Maaloga Konelio – GPS (Potential Brisbane City debut)

K

KAOPointman

It is one of these.

So what exactly is wrong with them being called the FIJi Drua? Teams get called by worse.....pretty flowers for eg. Seems a pretty cool cultural name to me. If you ask me....Brisbane "CItY" is a dud name. Lol. Very unimaginative perhaps.....

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Went to the game yesterday, made the mistake of wanting a beer. Missed most of the first half waiting in the queue. Is it really that hard to get it right?

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Went to the game yesterday, made the mistake of wanting a beer. Missed most of the first half waiting in the queue. Is it really that hard to get it right?

Mate there was over twice as many people there on Saturday than at any game last season. I know it is a little disappointing but it seems they were surprised by the numbers like I was.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
It was raised on the QPR thread what a joke the catering is, I believe they actually ran out of beer on Grand Final day.

The facilities just aren't there.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
It was raised on the QPR thread what a joke the catering is, I believe they actually ran out of beer on Grand Final day.

The facilities just aren't there.

I was disappointed too but I like the idea of the food trucks they had throughout the finals. Unfortunately on Saturday it was a a footlong kransky or bust. Hopefully the word gets out for the next game (and the ones at West and Uni too).

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
City will need to revise their set play, defense and attack strategies this week to make amends for the lackluster performance against Qld Country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Ed Fidow has been signed by Bordeaux on a short term contract beginning next month as an injury replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Well deserved. You wouldn't meet a nicer bloke and has worked so hard this year at Wests to showcase his skill and now has the reward. Good on you Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.