• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Global Rugby Tens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Couple of ruck penalties are allowing the Brumbies to move down the field, but they've been pretty aimless in attack this game.

Brumbies still have 2 minutes left to get a converted try to tie up the game.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
...and nope. Highlanders hold on to win 14 - 7 over the Brumbies.

Really enjoying the 10s so far, even if some of the rugby has been a touch scrappy.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Refs seem to be very generous with the defenders in the ruck.

Seen plenty of guys with hands on the ground, not supporting their own weight getting the penalty

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
06d92dea07c169441d87820d98233591.jpg

I am enjoying it as the Overlord of Evil. Not hot at all. 8 beers in & I've only had 1 piss

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
How about that crusader throwing away that Samoan blokes boot?

Dya reckon NZ will cry foul over that one?

Sure it didn't go as far as Phipps' heroic crowd effort but it was the same intention.

Or are we just judging Phipps for his ability to execute his dickiness better?

I'm thinking they'll be pretty quiet on this one.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Crusaders over Samoa 12 -7. Samoa lacking the flair and offloading ability of the Super teams otherwise I think they could've gone real close to an upset.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Looks like the shaded parts of the stand are pretty packed, with the parts in the sun unsurprisingly pretty empty.

Have to admire those mad few sitting in the direct sunlight. They're completely bonkers but still pretty damn committed to watching the games,

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Jees i wonder if the tv ratings are better than the crowd turnout

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
How's that vision from the Wild Knights player? No sweeper from the Rebels and a deep kick to himself to score after the half time hooter.

Panasonic are making a huge showing of themselves here, could be two upset victories.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Oh no no no no Rebels. How'd you blow that? Deserved a try for Weekes' effort through the middle.

Replay shows Heenan knocked the ball loose in a desperate tackle on the try line.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cornelson in for the Wild Knights after they again catch the Rebels sweeper out of position then take an intercept off a Rebels counter that wasn't really on.

17 - 5 with 7 to go and another upset is on the cards.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Meehan gets one back after a strong Mafi run and offload. Man buns going crazy in Melbourne town.

Status
Not open for further replies.