• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane Global Rugby Tens

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Dismal Just making up for the kiwi bias and the Hurricanes having an extra player on the field in the game against the Brumbies ;)
But yeah there were some lucky decisions... both ways

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
fahhkin hell the fix was in for that Reds v Chiefs game. Bloke put BOTH feet in touch for his try in the corner, fucken play on. First try was a clear knock-on too. FFS Shiggins, help me out here. Queensland Rugby Union with the hometown payoff.

Okay, I'm not even going to talk about the decisions I agree with you on one, but not the other and the Reds until that game had every call that could go against them so maybe it's swings and roundabouts. But regardless. The Reds were the better side for most all of the game and by a considerable margin. Chiefs did not deserve to win that game. Maybe the Reds got the rub of the green for that game, but they were the better side.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
can almost hear the panicked conversations backstage
"Mate if there's no aussie teams in the semis and just all these kiwi pricks everyone's gonna bloody go home or change channels."
"Make it happen"

T

TOCC

Aussie teams beats a New Zealand team and Kiwis naturally assume its a conspiracy
Maybe the Aussie teams should have just played an extra player like the kiwis do:
27655000_10156127641969282_8020483733086292958_n.jpg
(from GAGR facebook)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Great defence from the NSW women's side, but a mile offside. You could see from the low camera angle off the lineout that the Reds girl has the ball still in her hands off the top and their entire line is already running past the formed lineout midfield.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds in the corner 2 minutes after full time, NSW been the better side most of the game.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
NSW winger should've jumped for the ball instead of just lingering there seemingly scared to risk taking contact. Probably would've been game over by either a try or a penalty try. But, alas, the Hurricanes get ever more time to rest up.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Someone take a shitty conversion attempt before it gets looked at again!

EDIT: Nvm. It was good.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well ended up watching more of the games than I intended, it was all a good bit of light hitout before the proper season starts, and I enjoyed it as that. I find these things more interesting to see how new young players look etc.
Have to add I enjoyed the women's final too, was a good addition to this kind of tournament, and will only be good for promoting the women's game to more people.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Aussie teams beats a New Zealand team and Kiwis naturally assume its a conspiracy
Maybe the Aussie teams should have just played an extra player like the kiwis do:
27655000_10156127641969282_8020483733086292958_n.jpg
(from GAGR facebook)

hah that's brillo.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Was the 10's a success ?

Most of the teams play their big players very little, if at all.
In lots of ways that is a shame.

I realise it's an opportunity for the younger guys in all the squads and their moment to shine.

As a rugby supporter I want to see the best. Maybe most supporters do and that is why the crowds are small.

I wonder if the event turns a profit ?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was the 10's a success ?

Most of the teams play their big players very little, if at all.
In lots of ways that is a shame.

I realise it's an opportunity for the younger guys in all the squads and their moment to shine.

As a rugby supporter I want to see the best. Maybe most supporters do and that is why the crowds are small.

I wonder if the event turns a profit ?

Yep Scrubber, but unfortunately with timing etc most teams are keeping main players training for start of S15, not sure how you could overcome that.

Status
Not open for further replies.