• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Funny how you mention those years as O'Neill, Pulver and Farr Jones were CEO's/Chairmen of RA or NSWRU at the time.

So it's hard to accept what these amigos say as being critical of the situation the game is in considering they all had a big say in how we got here.
Look I have no clue what went on then I was in early primary school so all the political manoeuvring went over my head

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
World Rugby and Rugby Australia are delighted to announce details of a ground-breaking partnership that will see World Rugby stream Harvey Norman Super Rugby AU on its digital platforms live and free for fans in the United Kingdom, Ireland, some European countries, Asia (excluding Japan), North Africa and the Middle East.

https://www.world.rugby/news/622772?lang=en

Good for fans but concerning from a cash flow perspective. Can't imagine World Rugby would be paying for a service they're not making revenue from by licensing.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
In other news the Betoota Advocate has a new podcast in conjunction with Stan Sport called Ruck Me Dead. Fairly low level insight but worth a listen and good to get more people talking about the game. Their platform is actually one of the biggest 'news' platforms in Australian social media.
Two of my kids each bought me the Betoota book for Christmas.
They know me too well.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The Betoota thing is fantastic. Actually shows there’s some interest among my generation. Genuinely great news. Often it feels like it’s just me and a bunch of dads (no offense to all you lovely dads).

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I wonder if this is a bit of a strategic move by Stan / 9. World Rugby have the 7s and World Cup rights so Stan doing the right thing by them (giving them free access to their broadcast) could give them a boost when it comes to negotiations of those international comps.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
45A2C15C-891C-41F0-A33E-1004D07E6060.jpeg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I wonder if this is a bit of a strategic move by Stan / 9. World Rugby have the 7s and World Cup rights so Stan doing the right thing by them (giving them free access to their broadcast) could give them a boost when it comes to negotiations of those international comps.

First hit is free. After that you pay.

Classic drug dealer behaviour.

I've been told.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
The Betoota thing is fantastic. Actually shows there’s some interest among my generation. Genuinely great news. Often it feels like it’s just me and a bunch of dads (no offense to all you lovely dads).

I love the concept, I thought the execution was a bit off - but I'll give it a couple of weeks to really gather some momentum