• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The good thing is that 9/Stan have an active interest in rugby being popular. The more people who like rugby, and want to watch it, the more people who will start paying for Stan.

Reactions: mst

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I have to say I much prefer Stan Sports to Kayo. Kayo obviously has a wider range of sport but always had issues with it streaming reliably even though the device I use is said to be compatible. There only advice when I contacted them about it was buy a new device. Stan just works better I have never had an issue with it

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I have to say I much prefer Stan Sports to Kayo. Kayo obviously has a wider range of sport but always had issues with it streaming reliably even though the device I use is said to be compatible. There only advice when I contacted them about it was buy a new device. Stan just works better I have never had an issue with it

If we're talking ease of use, for someone who uses a password manager, I have absolutely no idea what my Stan password is. Its a 20 character string with upper/lower case characters, numbers and symbols. Trying to input that on an app on my TV is horrendous (and it was for Kayo), but Stan had a linking code of 4 or 6 numbers that once I logged in on my iPhone my TV signed in.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
If we're talking ease of use, for someone who uses a password manager, I have absolutely no idea what my Stan password is. Its a 20 character string with upper/lower case characters, numbers and symbols. Trying to input that on an app on my TV is horrendous (and it was for Kayo), but Stan had a linking code of 4 or 6 numbers that once I logged in on my iPhone my TV signed in.
I have a very basic password but it is still handy

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Stan is my dream. The library of games is just unbelievable. More to come apparently too.

Just isn't enough hours in the day.

BtVj7g9CEAEn7dN.jpg

RugbyReg: it's not easy juggling a family and a full time job but I managed to watch 8 hours of old rugby games a day.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm not sure this is a good thing. The framing has been around the demise of rugby in Australia.

I'm guessing there won't be a whole lot of self-awareness involved.
You maybe correct , this weeks’ episode of the Break Down podcast is about the ARU rejection of the Twiggy $50M bail out offer in 2017 with Twiggy’s thoughts on the matter. He speaks of a lack of sincerity in what the ARU brought to the table. Hard to argue it wasn’t a massive cluster fuck though.

Also brings up NFJ’s resignation from the NSWRU.

Maybe should have a weekly comment from Alan Jones called “What’s wrong with Rugby” , he seems to have a long list ........

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
You need to expose past failings so we can move past it. Unfortunately my two clearest memories of the Wallabies is the Wilkinson kick in 03 and 10 years later Beale slipping in the first Lions test

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You maybe correct , this weeks’ episode of the Break Down podcast is about the ARU rejection of the Twiggy $50M bail out offer in 2017 with Twiggy’s thoughts on the matter. He speaks of a lack of sincerity in what the ARU brought to the table. Hard to argue it wasn’t a massive cluster fuck though.

Also brings up NFJ’s resignation from the NSWRU.

Maybe should have a weekly comment from Alan Jones called “What’s wrong with Rugby” , he seems to have a long list ....

I'd be interested to see what detail they went into about that.

The general issue with a lot of the discussion about the $50m has always been the discrepancy between the funds being offered to the Australian Rugby Foundation versus the ARU having an issue with revenue and expenditure.

It's like donating $50m to the building fund and then asking why the university is sacking a whole bunch of teachers.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I'd be interested to see what detail they went into about that.

The general issue with a lot of the discussion about the $50m has always been the discrepancy between the funds being offered to the Australian Rugby Foundation versus the ARU having an issue with revenue and expenditure.

It's like donating $50m to the building fund and then asking why the university is sacking a whole bunch of teachers.

Allegedly...

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
You need to expose past failings so we can move past it. Unfortunately my two clearest memories of the Wallabies is the Wilkinson kick in 03 and 10 years later Beale slipping in the first Lions test

Who killed Australian rugby union... and who will save it?

How cute, they've got as guests the clowns that stuck the knives in;

Khoder Nasser
Nick Farr-Jones
John O'Neill
Phil Kearns
Bill Pulver
Alan Jones

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
How cute, they've got as guests the clowns that stuck the knives in;

I’ve been listening to it, i listen to all sorts of stuff when I’m driving around in circles for hours. Pulver declined to be interviewed, as does Raelene apparently. At this stage I’ve only heard the parrot talking about the 84 Wallabies, however the Folau debacle is covered today I think. So far I’ve really only got nostalgic value out of it, it hasn’t really shed any light on anything.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Nothing wrong with being critical of the game. Ultimately it’s sad how far the game has gone backwards. I watched the Wallabies since the start of primary school and was in grade 2 in 03 when we hosted the World Cup and everyone at school was excited about the Wallabies. I can remember being in high school in 2011 and nobody cared one but about the World Cup that’s how far the game dropped off in 8 years

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Nothing wrong with being critical of the game.

Sure, but there's no point in being critical unless it's a) constructive and b) you've got some real suggestions for how things can be improved.

Most of the crowd above can't accept that the world has changed and things have moved on dramatically from the time when rugby was going well in Australia and you can't just go back there.

None of them have shown the slightest inkling about wanting to or being prepared to adapt to the current world and market they operate in.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Nothing wrong with being critical of the game. Ultimately it’s sad how far the game has gone backwards. I watched the Wallabies since the start of primary school and was in grade 2 in 03 when we hosted the World Cup and everyone at school was excited about the Wallabies. I can remember being in high school in 2011 and nobody cared one but about the World Cup that’s how far the game dropped off in 8 years

Funny how you mention those years as O'Neill, Pulver and Farr Jones were CEO's/Chairmen of RA or NSWRU at the time.

So it's hard to accept what these amigos say as being critical of the situation the game is in considering they all had a big say in how we got here.