• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paradox

Provided Folau doesn't show any weaknesses he's a much more dangerous prospect than Speight for the opposition

If he showed weaknesses he'd hardly be a much more dangerous prospect now would he? o_O How could he be a much more dangerous prospect when he hasn't even played one game of super rugby? If you said "I believe he could more dangerous" you'd come across as less arrogant and more logical. You well may be right but Speight was outstanding last year whilst Folau was wearing his little sisters shorts chasing a Sherrin.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If he showed weaknesses he'd hardly be a much more dangerous prospect now would he? o_O How could he be a much more dangerous prospect when he hasn't even played one game of super rugby? If you said "I believe he could more dangerous" you'd come across as less arrogant and more logical. You well may be right but Speight was outstanding last year whilst Folau was wearing his little sisters shorts chasing a Sherrin.

Nah you haven't seen Folau play yet, understood.

P

Paradox

I saw him live against the Crusaders.. anyway this off topic now

Yeah saw the highlights - he looked v good although the only break I saw him make came from a shepherd. You said he might have weaknesses did you not? Meanwhile Speight scored more tries than any other Aussie in super rugby last year.

Check this out. Made the Tahs look like muppets a few time. Through Barnes and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on both occasions I think.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Looking at his highlights clip he often beats several defenders on his way to the line but he also scored a lot of easy tries (I.e. no defender between him and the line). He makes those tries look easy but essentially it was his positioning in the lead up that made those tries. Positional and support play is what 7s is about. he'd be a gun 7s player...... And he is Fijian ;)

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
And Australian.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

I have no problem with players that move their entire lives to a different nation for 3+ years getting a cap.

The grandma rule on the other hand is poor.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I have no problem with players that move their entire lives to a different nation for 3+ years getting a cap.

The grandma rule on the other hand is poor.
Neither do I. I was pointing out to those complaining about Folua getting a wallaby jersey before him that only one of them was actually eligible.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

P

Paradox

Neither do I. I was pointing out to those complaining about Folua getting a wallaby jersey before him that only one of them was actually eligible.

Yeah sorry mate. Was rather hasty. :oops: I have confusing reports on whether he's eligible. It appears he's not considered a foreign import for the Brumbies but is not eligible for W's yet.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Folau is streets ahead of where SBW was when he first moved over. Not that it would be surprising since he was already a back in league. Is it that ridiculous?

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Nah you haven't seen Folau play yet, understood.

Hard to believe he's a game changer.
The only winger game changer was Lomu - but that is only my opinion.
I think a lot of Tahs suporters will be a little disappointed later in the season when they realise that to become contenders they need a lot more than Izzy out wide or FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.