• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Seems Damien Hill has put his hand up for a job with the Brumbies:

"Sacked Melbourne Rebels coach Damien Hill is one of the candidates to fill an assistant role.

"Hill started his coaching career in Canberra more than a decade ago, won the Macdougall Medal for Canberra's best first grade player and has coached in Japan with former Wallabies and Brumbies mentor Eddie Jones.

''My family [is in Canberra], my son's there and it would be good to go back to where it started,'' Hill said. ''I've got fond memories of [the Brumbies] and nothing but admiration of what the Brumbies have been able to achieve over the last couple of seasons.''​

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...o-coach-no-worries-brumby-20131009-2v8wr.html

If Larkham gets the top job he probably wouldn't be a bad choice as backs coach. The Rebels seemed to look pretty good in attack this year.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'd be more than happy to have Damien Hill here as an assistant. I thought he did a good job getting the Rebels to where they are.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies confirmed today that the coaching job will be between Larkham and Fisher and won't be looking externally for the head coaching role.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'd say Larkham to head coach, Fisher and Damien Hill as assistants.

Have three roles that need to be filled: Forwards, Backs and Set Piece/Set Plays
Rotate the different coaches between the different roles, for instance you'll have Fisher on Forwards, Larkham on Backs and Hill on set piece for a month or two, and then Hill on Forwards, Fisher on Backs and Larkham on set piece for a month.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
.... ... .... and then Bernie on Forwards, Fisher on Set Piece and Hill on Backs for the final rotation.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
That's a good pick up. He's quality and he's at the stage of his career that he's ready to show it. I expect a big 2014 from Lachie.

Who is head of recruiting in Brumbieland? First Ala'alatoa (think I missed an a there somewhere) and now McCaffrey. He deserves a bonus - they are both seriously good pick-ups. Foley, of course, doesn't even know what he's lost.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Big win for you guys was really un happy to see him go but i guess being behind Ben Mac at the force and Foley liking Cottral he was after another gig and with kimlin gone he may find himself in the 23

Good to see some tah fans still have a chip in their shoulder when it comes to Foley........

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.