• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
thanxs for the video... yes a great night...Smith is a very good player I hope to see more of him this year at his best...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Not rugby related but if you park in the paid car park at Canberra stadium (I'm not calling it by the new name) in 2014 the price has gone up to $7 from $5.

It's run by the Government and has nothing to do with the Brumbies before you sharpen up the pitchforks. Head to CIT and walk for free.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's the TAFE next to the stadium on the Western side. No more than a 10 min walk to the gate from there.

The money saved will buy you 1 beer.

......... and it's also a massive car park so you'll definitely get a space as long as you don't show up too late.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Canberra Stadium is a bit like Hogwarts as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know where it is or how to get there, but I know that if I wait at the bus stop on Mort St on gameday a bus will arrive and take me to the game and then afterwards will bring me back to Mort St.

It's quite convenient really. :cool:

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm coming down for the Tahs game. What is CIT and where is it?

Look take it from me, park at UC (uni of canberra) hit up the bar .. catch the bus have a great night catch the bus back.

This runs from heaps of pubs , city, gungers, belco (uc), even some random ones.

wear your tahs jersey and stand proud :) it's the best night out in an old winter town :D
Canberra Stadium is a bit like Hogwarts as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know where it is or how to get there, but I know that if I wait at the bus stop on Mort St on gameday a bus will arrive and take me to the game and then afterwards will bring me back to Mort St.

It's quite convenient really. :cool:

This, they do get there drunken soilders to the game

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Look take it from me, park at UC (uni of canberra) hit up the bar .. catch the bus have a great night catch the bus back.

This runs from heaps of pubs , city, gungers, belco (uc), even some random ones.

wear your tahs jersey and stand proud :) it's the best night out in an old winter town :D
This, they do get there drunken soilders to the game

Hit the bar? After the game's over I've got a three hour drive back up the Hume. If we've lost I won't want to sit around for a couple of hours sobering up and feeling glum.

I will be in full Tahs colours, including the scarf to beat the frigid weather. In the past I have found the Brumbies fans a bit on the abusive side when you wear the opposition colours, but bogans are bogans everywhere.

PS: Thanks for the helpful suggestion Stampede but I have got Google maps. I like the CIT suggestion better.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Check out the kicking in the back ground Kirindrani nails one from what 60 metres... thats massive

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hit the bar? After the game's over I've got a three hour drive back up the Hume. If we've lost I won't want to sit around for a couple of hours sobering up and feeling glum.

I will be in full Tahs colours, including the scarf to beat the frigid weather. In the past I have found the Brumbies fans a bit on the abusive side when you wear the opposition colours, but bogans are bogans everywhere.

PS: Thanks for the helpful suggestion Stampede but I have got Google maps. I like the CIT suggestion better.

Mate we are a friendly bunch if your down I still think the bus (from UC) or walking from CIT... I hope we arent to abbussive I actually endded up putting up to highlanders fans on my coach for 2 days why they were over. We where the only ones still in the rain dancing singing and as my mate says ' Doing a Mortlock' I still lost a bet to the boys my first kid needs to be named sterling or Mortlock.. girl or boy :)

Hope you have a fun time I will let you know where I am should be my birthday and I will be down for the game.. I will buy you a beer.. wait water :D

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I've definitely copped a fair bit of friendly banter on my trips to the Brumbies vs Tahs game in the last couple of years. It's all been in pretty good fun though.

Sometimes the young guys can go a bit over the top but I would suggest the same happens everywhere.

I got a good laugh out of all the Brumbies fans sitting around me last year when I yelled out that the Tahs had all the momentum heading into halftime after slotting a penalty goal on the stroke of halftime to make it 6-21. :rolleyes:

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

If you're making the effort to drive to Bruce, it would be counter productive to park over at UC and then catch a bus...........

If you're driving then you want to park for free next to the stadium at the large CIT carpark as BJ and I have already mentioned.........

Or if you're drinking and coming from the CBD then you do what Braveheart does and drink in the city (Wig & Pen obviously) and get the bus directly to and from the stadium..........

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
If you're making the effort to drive to Bruce, it would be counter productive to park over at UC and then catch a bus.....

If you're driving then you want to park for free next to the stadium at the large CIT carpark as BJ and I have already mentioned...

Or if you're drinking and coming from the CBD then you do what Braveheart does and drink in the city (Wig & Pen obviously) and get the bus directly to and from the stadium....

Is the Wig still open? I hear conflicting reports, and being down in Canberra this weekend I would love to hit it up one more time~!!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's still open, but obviously faces an uncertain future due to the future redevelopment of Canberra House.........

Status
Not open for further replies.