• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
2016 is our best chance for the title! Forward pack is ridiculously good. I think we have a pretty damn good chance.

I agree. The real contenders are: Highlanders, Brumbies, Jaguars,Waratahs and a NZ side (Always a NZ side has a good season besides their best team, Landers)

Agree, but will be strong competition from Highlanders, Hurricanes and Argentina imo.

I'm not sure about the Hurricanes status, the couple: "Nonu-Smith" is a HUGE lost for them

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The second best Kiwi side next year will be the Chiefs. Good squad, good culture, good coaching.

"ride off the Crusaders", luv it ,"Seb. Don't the horseman "ride off" before every match? And the players have "ridden off" performing for, about, the last seven years. ;)

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
There's 36 on this list that includes Fotu Auelua and Rod Iona who haven't had anything announced about their futures.

Robbie Abel - 2016 (EPS)
Nigel Ah Wong - 2016
Allan Ala'alatoa - 2016
Ben Alexander - 2016
Albert Anae - 2016
Rory Arnold - 2017
Fotu Auelua ? no news yet
Jarrad Butler - 2016
Sam Carter - 2017
Robbie Coleman - 2017
Tomas Cubelli - 2017
James Dargaville - 2017
Michael Dowsett - 2016
Blake Enever - 2017
Scott Fardy - 2017
Rod Iona ? No news yet
Nick Jooste 2017
Tevita Kuridrani - 2017
Christian Lealiifano - 2016
Les Makin - 2017
Josh Mann-Rea - 2017
Stephen Moore - 2016
David Pocock - 2016
Joe Powell (EPS) - 2016
Scott Sio - 2016
Jordan Smiler- 2017
Andrew Smith - 2017
Ruan Smith 2017
Henry Speight - 2018 Playing 7's also
Tom Staniforth - 2016
Lausii Taliauli - 2016
Joe Tomane - 2016
Matt To'omua - 2016
Aidan Toua - 2017
Ita Vaea - 2017
Michael Wells (EPS)

Ins:
Robbie Abel - 2016 (EPS)
Albert Anae - 2016
Tomas Cubelli - 2017
Nick Jooste - 2017
Joe Powell (EPS) - 2016
Andrew Smith - 2017
Aidan Toua - 2017
Michael Wells (EPS)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A real shame Wells is going back to 15s. He showed a lot of promise in the 7s thus far and is the type of player we're lacking.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
There's 36 on this list that includes Fotu Auelua and Rod Iona who haven't had anything announced about their futures.
(EPS)

Not sure what you're getting at here BJ other than, no professional team has most players signed for more than 2 years... which is true... No need for panic brumby fans, its business as usual...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I noticed that Auelua's profile has been removed from the Brumbies site along with the other departures, but Iona is still there...............

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is Jooste one of those EPS next year and then full contract the year after type of deals?

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Crusaders will be there, and highlanders (no massive losses from their squad).

Cant see the Canes being back with the talent they've lost.

Cant see the Tahs challenging the Brumbies either, too must experience and talent lost, plus Cheika.

Saders, Brumbies, Landers and Jaguares semi finals.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Why would you rate the Saders having lost McCaw and Carter and 2 other flyhalves in Tom Taylor and Colin Slade, their fly halves for next year are Ben Volavola and Richie Mo'unga. They also lost Luke Whitelock and Dominic Bird.

You can't tell me their roster screams improvement from previous years. I genuinely believe they'll come last in the NZ conference.

born-red

Chris McKivat (8)
Why would you rate the Saders having lost McCaw and Carter and 2 other flyhalves in Tom Taylor and Tyler Bleyendaal, their fly halves for next year are Ben Volavola and Richie Mo'unga. They also lost Luke Whitelock and Dominic Bird.

You can't tell me their roster screams improvement from previous years. I genuinely believe they'll come last in the NZ conference.

NZ teams are always strong, but saying that, I dont think any NZ team has effectively replaced the talent they have lost going into 2016, especially the Crusaders

Only teams that looks better on paper then previous years would be the Rebels and MAYBE the Brumbies if you look from an entire squad depth perspective.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Blues don't need to improve their squad. They just need to stop playing like a pack of dickheads. Maybe having a new coach will help.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Well he would have made a good Uncle Fester. Oh wait, that was the Addams Family, not The Munsters.

Maybe they could get Brodie Rettalick in for the part of Herman Munster?

Status
Not open for further replies.