• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Why would you rate the Saders having lost McCaw and Carter and 2 other flyhalves in Tom Taylor and Colin Slade, their fly halves for next year are Ben Volavola and Richie Mo'unga. They also lost Luke Whitelock and Dominic Bird.

You can't tell me their roster screams improvement from previous years. I genuinely believe they'll come last in the NZ conference.

I've lost track of the number of times I thought the Sadists would not be there at the business end of the season.

I'm going the other way this year to see if that appeases the mocker gods.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Saw some Waratahs pre-season photos and it looks like Fotu is trialling with the Waratahs.

Shame injuries ruined his time down here.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The man bun is fairly distinctive. And there is a gap with Cliffy off to earn some Yen

17cc03997dd02858a6df89b154af26c0.jpg

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Saw some Waratahs pre-season photos and it looks like Fotu is trialling with the Waratahs.

Shame injuries ruined his time down here.

Agreed I would have liked to have seen him play more, apparently now only with another super team, I wish him the best, hope he gets a gig....

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Coleman has bulked up, putting on an extra 10kg in the off season..........

If it makes him less of a speed bump I'll be happy to see him at fullback, despite the lack of height.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
10kg is pretty significant for someone that size.

Hope he remembers how to run.

That was my initial concern as his speed generally makes up for what he lacks in size...............

From the Crimes:

He started last season weighing in at 82 kilograms but turned up for day one of pre-season training at 91 kilograms.

"This my ninth pre-season now and every year I've come in at 82 kilos and had to try to put on a few but keep lean too," Coleman said.

"I think that caused a lot of my niggle injuries as well. I don't know if 91 kilos is where I want to be at the start of the season, but I've got a few kilos to shred naturally over the course of a pretty tough pre-season.

"My speed feels quicker than it ever has and after having the ankle done, I can feel it coming back."

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/act-brumbies-back-in-preseason-training-robbie-coleman-20151123-gl5hc7.html#ixzz3sSD45LVm
Follow us: @canberratimes on Twitter | CanberraTimes on Facebook

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Rowen Perry training with the Tahs? I thought we would lock him in as a Brumby

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rowen Perry training with the Tahs? I thought we would lock him in as a Brumby

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I wrote it 2 days ago in the Tahs thread :p

So Rowan Perry is training with the Tahs. Bloody good for Aussie rugby. I really like this guy, I remember when he was the openside flanker of U20s two years ago. I thought he would be a Brumbies recruitment

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
More to the fact of bringing in someone like Sean Doyle last year.

Perry didn't have the runs on the board yet, and was rightfully behind Doyle with the Vikings last year too............

I'm sure if the Brumbies had an opening for another openside flanker for next year then Perry would have a contract..........

But they already have a full squad, and most teams generally don't require more than two openside flankers.

Maybe there was an EPS opening? Maybe not?

But the opportunity for a full time contract at the Tahs is going to trump any EPS offer.............

To suggest the Brumbies are ignoring local talent in this instance is just daft.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
My point is.........

Well, actually no - you've shifted the goal posts slightly, because we were actually discussing Perry getting picked up by the Tahs for next season...............

So Doyle being favoured over Perry for the previous year is mostly irrelevant, as Perry had yet to graduate from John I Dent Cup...........

The Vikings are now helping to allow the Brumbies to further develop locals in their systems (the signings of Abel and Powell are a testament to this), but unfortunately there's only so many contracts on offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.