• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I always found the downside of the white jersey to be that it showed up all the wine and coffee stains from when things got a bit exciting at the game.:)

And sauce from the pies and chocolate in my experience.

Nothing gets out chocolate...

1377614213255911.png

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Exactly boys, and you know us girls don't like wearing the same thing year in, year out.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I wont for the first time in years by the new jersey, I think our Gold Blue White jersey was one of our best.... and I dont like the new one, I will save up for an Anzac day or a different round jersey.. :)

But I have a feeling its the year of the Brumbie.. we look like the team that shoud win it all ..

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
It isn't that not bad its just blue. Who cares if its missing a bit of white.

I'm just annoyed it looks like a t-shirt but then again most jersey's are like that these days.

Bring back the thick Canterberry jersey's i say!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It isn't that not bad its just blue. Who cares if its missing a bit of white.

I'm just annoyed it looks like a t-shirt but then again most jersey's are like that these days.

Bring back the thick Canterberry jersey's i say!

Great idea. Especially when the season starts in February!

What about pockets in the shorts, so that the wingers can keep their hands warm?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think we need to put our personal prejudices aside and accept that the materials used in modern day jerseys, and the cut, is what the players want and presumably offers them some distinct advantages over the jerseys of yesteryear. The colour schemes are a different matter and it stands to reason that some will like and others dislike the design that has been decided upon, especially whenever change is involved.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Well in terms of colour scheme's... I prefer a team to be dominate in one primary colour.

It's awesome looking at a stadium full of sky-blue or red (NSW & QLD). If there's 3 colours it gets lost in the crowd.

But I guess in the Brumbies case it doesn't matter too much given our crowds are pretty poor anyway and everyone is usually rugged up in warm jackets.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
After looking at that shirt it occurs to me that if they were going to drop the white that they had to introduce more yellow to compensate. The whole thing is just too navy blue (a dull and unexciting colour).

Had they gone with a yellow top across the shoulders and sleeves, with all the logos in white it might have worked. This doesn't.

T

TOCC

For all the criticism they are obviously trying to achieve greater mass market appeal, and i think they have achieved exactly that, but in the process they have lost some of the originality and uniqueness in the design.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Friend got in touch, he emailed the Brumbies about the new jersey and says he got this back:

This jersey is not about our past. It is about a modern contemporary jersey that makes our players feel good, it is in tune with our marketing campaigns and the image and brand we want top project. It marks the beginning of a chapter where our players can make their own mark in Brumbies history, rather being continually reminded about how good it was in the past. We have done extensive research and market testing our the new jersey, and whilst there were some negative views, the overwhelming majority are very positive in their support. We have designed a four year cycle of playing strips and the stripes and white will make a comeback.

That's just the sort of corporate bullshit I would expect from a CEO of that calibre.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I couldn't give a shit about the jersey, the reasons behind it, or anything else apart from the rugby. Seriously sick of all the negativity. I follow a team through thick and thin, good jerseys and bad. Say what you want about the jerseys, but it's probably one of the best lineups we've had in years, with one of the best attitudes to go with it.

Roll on February 26.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
nothing new here... Brumbies have had a blue jersey a few times...
its a really a solid colour massive sponsorship jersey thou...
On the field a dark jersey is harder to track in a players peripheral vision.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
If the Ponies don't win next year, they will have to wait another 10 years. 2016 is the Brumby year

You are the best Australian side by far and are in the top 3 in all the conferences. The NZ side have lost a lot of Top players.

Crusaders lost McCaw and Carter. Canes lost Nonu, Conrad Smith, Ben Franks and Jeremy Trush. Landers lost Nasi Manu. Chiefs lost SBW, Ben Tameifuna. And the Blues are the Blues. The big contenders will be the Argies IMHO

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
If the Ponies don't win next year, they will have to wait another 10 years. 2016 is the Brumby year

You are the best Australian side by far and are in the top 3 in all the conferences. The NZ side have lost a lot of Top players.

Crusaders lost McCaw and Carter. Canes lost Nonu, Conrad Smith, Ben Franks and Jeremy Trush. Landers lost Nasi Manu. Chiefs lost SBW, Ben Tameifuna. And the Blues are the Blues. The big contenders will be the Argies IMHO

Wouldn't write off the Chiefs or the Landers, especially the Chiefs. A number of gaggers have questioned whether Tameifuna was a loss or a gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.