• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"After speaking with Stephen personally, he spoke passionately about wanting to remain a Brumby and pleaded with us to come up with an offer to meet his demands and counter offers from Europe," Jones said.

"He clearly expressed the desire to stay in Canberra, wanted to be a Brumby and to extend his career through to the next Rugby World Cup and ultimately finish his career here.

"The discussions with myself and coaching staff left us in no doubt and with a clear impression that his long-term future would be with the Brumbies if we met the demands we were given. We met every one of those demands. So we were surprised and disappointed to find out he has agreed to join the Reds late last night.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-union/stephen-moore-to-leave-the-act-brumbies-at-the-end-of-2016-super-rugby-season-20151217-glq3md.html#ixzz3uYbtU1mz

Interesting that the only information is coming out of the Brumbies camp right now..........

I wonder if the ink is dry on that Reds' contract?

T

TOCC

Reds haven't announced anything, I wonder if this was a premature press release by the brumbies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Well, seeing as the Brumbies have been in the news over the last couple of days about the lack of a stadium next year, a rift between the board and the UC, perhaps Squeak getting out shows the backroom isn't as well kept as we thought?

Reading this article where Jones is heavily quoted about his relationship with Professor Parker, he comes across as a guy with an agenda and plays hard ball. So, it wouldn't surprise me if this was a premature release by the Brumbies to cause a bit of a stir.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Reds haven't announced anything, I wonder if this was a premature press release by the brumbies

Looks to me like they are pissed as hell and trying to rain on the Reds parade by breaking their story before they can.......

T

TOCC

Looks to me like they are pissed as hell and trying to rain on the Reds parade by breaking their story before they can...

Perhaps, but there have been precedence set in the past where a club has used an early press release to try and sway the player at the last minute.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This departure is mutually beneficial for the Brumbies and the Reds.

Moore can impart his knowledge on to Mann Rea, Abel and Anae for one more year before they battle it out for two hooker berths.

The Reds get an experienced hooker to mentor the young'uns Ready and Mafi.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
When Squeaky moved to the Brumbies, it was more or less a swap with Saia Fainga'a. Wonder if it's a similar deal going back the other way? Maybe Ready to the Brumbies?;)

T

TOCC

Reds CEO Jim Carmichael last night refused to confirm whether Brisbane-raised Moore was heading back to Queensland after playing 102 games with the Brumbies since 2009.

But Carmichael did fire a shot at the Brumbies for making an announcement separate from the ARU and QRU.

“I’m particularly surprised that the Brumbies CEO Michael Jones seems to have undermined the current Wallabies captain by suggesting he is leaving the Brumbies to join another Australian franchise over money,’’ Carmichael said.

“All Australian Super Rugby provinces must abide by the ARU’s national contracting rules, to ensure that no team can pay more than another when it’s a nationally contracted player.

“The player then has the right to join the team of his choosing.

“From our perspective, we believe that Stephen has rejected overseas offers to play out his career in Australia and remain a proud Wallaby.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/e427588cb15fc63ae45b12f7eb05f962

T

TOCC

Didn't the Reds do the same when Genia reportedly signed with the Force?

They did exactly that, but In terms of wages I think the rules have changed since then, Moore is a PONI(Player of National Interest) which means Super Rugby clubs can't outbid each other. I think this concept was only brought in the last couple of years.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I for one would be happy to see him return to the Reds. He has given enough to the game to make his own decision as to where he wants to play, shirley?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
The Reds will benefit from his presence more then the Brumbies. The Brumbies will be fine without him.

So really it's a positive for the struggling Reds who need all the leadership and experience they can get, and the solid Brumbies squad will continue to be solid without him.

Now I hope this means more cash can be thrown Poey's way. I will cry if he leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.