• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A good news story.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...matt-To'omua-get-married-20151222-gltfj5.html

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I haven't read through the entire thread as yet, so apologies in advance if this has been discussed already...

Anyone else see that this year is going to be a decisive season for the Brumbs? Solidly represented at the World Cup, Wallaby Captain moving on, Pocock needs to deliver some silverware, etc etc.

If the Brumbs don't do well this year, I reckon they could be in for some lean pickings.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I haven't read through the entire thread as yet, so apologies in advance if this has been discussed already.

Anyone else see that this year is going to be a decisive season for the Brumbs? Solidly represented at the World Cup, Wallaby Captain moving on, Pocock needs to deliver some silverware, etc etc.

If the Brumbs don't do well this year, I reckon they could be in for some lean pickings.
Yep, it's our best chance for a while.. If it'd not this year we may struggle for a while.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So long as it's a better year than when they were compared and described as the "Real Madrid" of Super rugby. Certainly, on the face of it, this should be a very strong year for the Brumbies but as we all know only too well, the best laid plans can be sent packing by too many critical injuries.

In any case, there are some other very strong teams in this year's comp, and not all can win. Landers, Canes, Chiefs and Argentina will all be very strong competition. Brumbies hopes really will hinge on topping the Aus conference and finishing one of the top two sides. Then luck will also play a big part. And I can be confident the Tahs will be looking to top the Brumbies again.

Looking really forward to this year, but win or lose, I believe they will continue to be one of the stronger franchises for some time. Losses can be covered by inspired recruitment - witness Cubelli coming in for Nic White.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
If we don't win this year we're forever doomed.....

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!

*or not

No, the Brumbies will always be strong while they've got the current coaching set-up.

But on paper this year is their big chance. Great pack, a great 9,10,12 combination and pace out wide. The only noticeable weaknesses are at 3 and 15 and even there they have good serviceable players. They should top the conference and take a top two spot. From there its the bounce of the ball.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Until we see how our new Puna fits in the backline asscrum half I refuse to get tooooooo excit Slim... Certainly feeling postive about 2016 thou...

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Can anyone enlighten me as to who the big lad between Albert and Tev is?
12474072_10153851650059806_7196561756992426201_o.jpg

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Until we see how our new Puna fits in the backline asscrum half I refuse to get tooooooo excit Slim. Certainly feeling postive about 2016 thou.

Totally agree with you. It is a big ask to fit in seamlessly from game one, and if he takes too long to gel it could be costly. I am however quietly optimistic, and I hope he brings that Puma attacking mind set and run we saw at the RWC.

This year it does look like we have a good shot on paper, but for the first time in a long time I have mixed feelings about next year. While I am sorry to see players moving on (I wish them all success) I am really excited to see the next gen get their shot.

Its been a long time since I can recall so much potential talent busting to get a chance to shine waiting in the wings. I think what adds to this anticipation is instead of names or rumours, we have seen some of the talent play at decent level; NRC. Players like Third, Thomson, Niumata, Rakic, Tagive, may be future bolters and certainly worth adding in to thoughts about future 10/12's and wingers. We have the likes of Lomax, Powell, Jooste and more under development and already in the Brumbies setup and Bernies influence.

Its a good looking and exciting 2017 if you consider that above names need to be added in to the current Brumbies signed for 2017.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The likelihood is that everybody's had a little bit of interest in him.

e.g.
Toonie: "hey, Davie, howdya fancy playing for $400k a year. We play a good style."
Pocock: "Doesn't it rain for like, 11 months straight? And you've got the 2nd worst crime rate per head of any UK City? And I'm getting offered twice that in the south of France?"
Toonie: "Cheers then mate." *Hangs up Phone* "Bastard. How does everybody else know about my super secret plan to recruit Southern hemisphere players."

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So it seems like the Brumbies have a choice: Vaea, Pocock or none. Doesn't seem like they will have both.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So it seems like the Brumbies have a choice: Vaea, Pocock or none. Doesn't seem like they will have both.

Have you heard something about Ita going if Poey stays? Or just surmising (trolling?). Poey will play 7 this year and Ita will be 8 when both are fit, and I can easily see that continuing beyond 2016 if Poey stays. Could be a different matter at the Wallabies' level depending perhaps on the respective successes of the Brumbies and Tahs this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.