• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
The little foray in to court today for the Jones V Brumbies saga part XVII dint come to much.

It is worth noting that this is still about the injunction, not the serious stuff yet. The subpoenas have been stayed due to it being only about the injunction and a decision should come nest week.

As expected, as this goes on there are some interesting things that will be said that maybe in hindsight could be quite revealing.

I do like Jones position about making the contents of the report available to members: but some don't share that view and are vigorously opposing it!

Noting this is the Brumbies board v Jones, this snip is rather interesting: Re the KPMG report - Steven Whybrow – barrister for the University of Canberra, its vice-chancellor Stephen Parker, former ACT Labor deputy chief minister David Lamont, and Joe Roff – described the report as "highly inflammatory and seriously contested".

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act...l-board-brumbies-lawyers-20160408-go1rf3.html

If you are curious how the Ex ACT Labor Deputy Chief Minister fits in, and is linked to UC this may help:

https://www.canberra.edu.au/about-u...ommittees-of-council/campus-development-board

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Went out to the Owls-Lions game, Dowsett was the starting 9 for Owls and was dismal for the first hour, but looked to switch on in the final quarter to secure the win. Powell miles ahead imo, may well be a motivation problem for Dowsett.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Not convinced by Dowsett. He seems like a really solid club player who would play 100 games and be a big name in club rugby, but I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he would be able to make a positive impact at Super level.

Powell has a lot of Gregan about him, just gets absolutely stuck in at the ruck and doesn't take shit. Good pass, good defence and makes the right decisions. He's a guy you never really see make bad decisions, just has the right instincts.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
If nothing else, Powell is willing to get scrappy and take the hit instead of throwing a bad pass, and I respect the hell out of that. Dowsett probably preferred for his kicking (miles ahead of Powell) but completely agree with you, Brumbieman, he's the Tom Carter of scrumhalves (as always, hope to be proven wrong when criticising a Brumby).

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not convinced by Dowsett. He seems like a really solid club player who would play 100 games and be a big name in club rugby, but I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he would be able to make a positive impact at Super level.

Powell has a lot of Gregan about him, just gets absolutely stuck in at the ruck and doesn't take shit. Good pass, good defence and makes the right decisions. He's a guy you never really see make bad decisions, just has the right instincts.
Larkham recent said that Powell was having trouble with his pass and has got Gregan down working with him..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Had been playing very strongly, and will be missed by the Brumbies. Is his retirement related to the clot problems he spent a couple of years getting over? Enjoy your retirement Ita, and sorry to see you leave.

Reactions: mst

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I've had a slight nervous chill all weekend since he came off rubbing his calf, and this has just torn my heart out through my anus.

Fucking. Gutted.

You poor bastard, thanks for the memories Ita :(

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Absolutely guttered for the bloke he will be missed...Good Luck in life fella

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
lFCFnn.gif

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Any chance of Patty Sio coming back from Japan? Is Benny Mowen keen to see the picturesque hills of Canberra again after spending so much time in dull old Montpelier?

Status
Not open for further replies.