• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I know it's a little thing, but the win against the Waratahs is the first time this season that the Brumbies have been behind at some point and not lost. Stormers and Chiefs had raised some issues of mentality, nice to have a check in the other column.

Reactions: mst

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Another year, another Anzac jersey........

1461055805978.jpg

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
The Reds will lose out on Saia Fainga'a next season as its being reported that he will return back to ACT in exchange for Stephen Moore.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Will be interesting if Saia returns. With Mann-rae, Abel and Lomax on the fringes it may not be walk up start. Anae is also in the mix if required

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Will be interesting if Saia returns. With Mann-rae, Abel and Lomax on the fringes it may not be walk up start. Anae is also in the mix if required
Lomax is a THP - you are probably referring to McInerney.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
So more updates from the Jones v Board case and nothing really seems much clearer.
Justice Refshauge threw out the the application from the Brumbies to dissolve the injunction, so Jones is still CEO for now. The contents of the KPMG report are still being supressed, but they might be available to voting members for tonights EGM.
And on that ... Apparently the EGM is still going ahead tonight, with one of the agenda items being to dissolve the Brumbies board. Some confusion, as Tim Gavel tweeted last Thursday that the clubs had withdrawn support for the EGM, opting for a round table discussion instead. But Gavel and Dutton are both tweeting about an EGM tonight so ... ???
BUT
It is also being reported that the board still has the right to dismiss Jones with 5 days notice in writing.
So clearly this still has a fair way to play out. Will be interesting to see what actually takes place tonight.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So more updates from the Jones v Board case and nothing really seems much clearer.
Justice Refshauge threw out the the application from the Brumbies to dissolve the injunction, so Jones is still CEO for now. The contents of the KPMG report are still being supressed, but they might be available to voting members for tonights EGM.
And on that . Apparently the EGM is still going ahead tonight, with one of the agenda items being to dissolve the Brumbies board. Some confusion, as Tim Gavel tweeted last Thursday that the clubs had withdrawn support for the EGM, opting for a round table discussion instead. But Gavel and Dutton are both tweeting about an EGM tonight so . ???
BUT
It is also being reported that the board still has the right to dismiss Jones with 5 days notice in writing.
So clearly this still has a fair way to play out. Will be interesting to see what actually takes place tonight.

Provided the reason is different to that used in the recent attempt to dismiss him.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Lomax is a THP - you are probably referring to McInerney.
Ah yes. You are correct, but if I explain my thinking properly, Lomax and other fringe props may push Anae back to Hooker, instead of his current conversion to a prop. Thus there would still be 3 hooker in the squad without including Saia.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Provided the reason is different to that used in the recent attempt to dismiss him.
Correct. Which would lead to even more questions if they did noting it's been well reported that he has achieved his performance bonuses thus far; but has deferred payment of his performance bonus to help the Brumbies financial position atm.

So, obviously he must be doing somethings right.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Just hope the EGM tonight bites the bullet and gets some lasting resolution to these issues. Ongoing off-field disputes must affect the on-field results and the team certainly doesn't deserve any unwanted distractions before facing the Cru on Sunday.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Not all of the clubs have turned up to the EGM. Apparently half have gone for a meeting with the board somewhere else.

What was a farce is decending o_O

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Only Wests, Easts and Royals attended the EGM with the rest of the clubs meeting with the board at Tuggeranong........

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
A really proud moment for Rugby in the ACT!!!

What both upset me and disturbs me is that, compliments of the Brumbies Board, this is news O/S. Nothing worse when you can open a Kiwi paper and they are reporting about this farce up to the minute!

Anyone that does not believe this is pure politics and power need only look where each of the clubs are tonight.

4 clubs called for the EGM and only 3 turn up - I believe Queanbayan are the odd ones out.

The key club, and most outspoken opponent about the Vikings NRC team, and instigator of "the petition", I believe Gungahlin, is sitting at the Vikings club meeting with board members.

The Vikings club seem to have their own agenda.
From March 23rd -
Capture 8.JPG

I suppose ignorance is bliss. Those not at the EGM cant access the suppressed KPMG report.

It seem not to bother some clubs as to where the millions of dollars that was suppose to go to Rugby in the ACT has gone, or the fact they will never see any of it.

Maybe Jones "rant" that this may kill the Brumbies may not be so far fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.