• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Loved Jackson-Hope's impact against the Rebels tonight, definitely won't be worried about having to bring him on when we need to.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Perfect, hooker depth, Abel gets playtime in the JID. Does he stay with Qld Country in the NRC?

I am more worried that Abel's playtime might be with another franchise!!!!:eek::eek:

I don't know his contract arrangements, but he is good enough to be poached and even be a starter elsewhere. Matter of fact I would be comfortable with him starting.

So Saia for a year my be a bad thing long term as 2018 we may see Abel and Saia gone, and Bongo is not getting younger.

I am really staring to worry that Burnie has a real issues playing rookie players, He recruits them, but is so reluctant to play them.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Perfect, hooker depth, Abel gets playtime in the JID. Does he stay with Qld Country in the NRC?

unlikely. Reds will be looking to provide game time to the Mafi's I'd suspect. Matt may have to move on from Brisbane City (unless Ready gets a call up fro the Wallabies) with Alex getting game time for Country.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I am more worried that Abel's playtime might be with another franchise!!!!:eek::eek:

I don't know his contract arrangements, but he is good enough to be poached and even be a starter elsewhere. Matter of fact I would be comfortable with him starting.

So Saia for a year my be a bad thing long term as 2018 we may see Abel and Saia gone, and Bongo is not getting younger.

I am really staring to worry that Burnie has a real issues playing rookie players, He recruits them, but is so reluctant to play them.

Hooker stocks in Australia are pretty high at present, only place I can see where Abel would possibly get a run is back in Perth.

2017:

QLD - Moore, Ready, Mafi (?)
MEL - Hanson, Leafa, Siliva
NSW - Tatafu, Latu, Roach
ACT - Fainga'a, Mann-Rea (?), Anae (?), Abel (?)
WF: Charles (?), Tessmann (?), Scoble, Rangi (?)

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)

I'd definitely prefer Bongo start, and I can't see any Super sides taking Abel, but maybe the Euro teams are on the hunt?

Larkham is probably only second to Macqueen when it comes to using the Brumbies bench, and he is giving the rookies game time (Powell and Staniforth on for the final 20min, Ala'alatoa's impact with half an hour to go, the evolution of guys like Enever, Dargaville, and Arnold), but I think that the impact of Jackson-Hope as a real 12 was telling against the Rebels and I hope he decides to start him there on a regular basis. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing Dargaville stay in the lineup when others return to fitness.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Hooker stocks in Australia are pretty high at present, only place I can see where Abel would possibly get a run is back in Perth.

2017:

QLD - Moore, Ready, Mafi (?)
MEL - Hanson, Leafa, Siliva
NSW - Tatafu, Latu, Roach
ACT - Fainga'a, Mann-Rea (?), Anae (?), Abel (?)
WF: Charles (?), Tessmann (?), Scoble, Rangi (?)

Tis a global game my friend! Plenty of places to play other than Super Rugby.

Two points to consider in the grander scheme of things:

IIRC in the past how you can never have enough depth - one minute we have an abundance of stock, the next you know Mann-Rae is getting a Wallaby Cap.

Have a look at your list above and think age, longevity, fitness / recovery, future and 2019 (RWC). EG: Moore is looking for a reduced workload. Tatafu would be similar, Bongo is no spring Chicken, Fianga is looking for places to start so where will they all be in 2019? Anae is a Prop, Siliva has slipped to a third string at best prospect, and the others on your list will have to pick up their game considerably.

Its starts making the "Aussie" hooker stocks look pretty bleak.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Looks like like Christian Lealiifano and Nigel Ah-Wong are having a stint with Suntory with Brumbies favourite son, George Smith, over the off-season.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
$outhern Hemi$phere off $sea$on I meant

Player$ Manager$:
brodown.0.png

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Its starts making the "Aussie" hooker stocks look pretty bleak.

I think that's fear mongering (and not the right thread but) Andrew ready, Hugh Roach Tolu Latu and the like are developing pretty well for me

T

TOCC

Looks like like Christian Lealiifano and Nigel Ah-Wong are having a stint with Suntory with Brumbies favourite son, George Smith, over the off-season.

Disappointing, with Beale and To'omua gone Lealifano stocks have risen for the Wallabies.. Every player who has played seasons back to back have either returned injured or well below their best form.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Toua could be swapped for JJ Taulagi if you've got a decent rehab & cotton wool budget.

From his showings in NRC he's really flashy just super injury prone

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
We're suffering enough from injuries to key back line players, and I'm still thankful that Toua hasn't succumbed yet. I liked the idea in the Brumbies 2016 thread of Dargaville at 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.