• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies Academy launched:

BRUMBIES ACADEMY INTAKE

NAME / POSITION / CLUB/HISTORY

Angus Allen / Backrow / Wests

Will Goddard / Flyhalf / ACT Schools

Byron Hollingworth-Dessent / Wing / NSW CAS

Len Ikitau / Centre / Tuggeranong

Harry Lloyd / Prop / Wests

Noah Lolesio / Centre / Australia Schools

Langi Lolotonga / Backrow / Easts

Lachlan Lonergan / Hooker / Tuggeranong

Liam Rasch / Lock/Backrow / Wests

Tom Ross / Prop / Gungahlin

Seamus Smith / Scrumhalf / ACT Schools

Head Coach: Daniel Hooper

Strength & Conditioning Coach: Ben Norcott

Academy Analyst: Tom Anderson

https://www.brumbies.com.au/2017/11/brumbies-academy-launched/

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Since coming back, he's spent about as much time as wing cover for us as centre, but you're right. If Kuridrani goes down, I'd prefer him at 13 to Dargaville.

His best games lately have been at 12. He broke the line at 12 and showed that he can pass and set up the outside runners. If CL comes back at 10, then AS would possibly be the best option at 12 in the current roster.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I think it hilarious that we can talk about the Brumbies back-line and even more specifically the centres its like we have all subconsciously erased Godwin from the roster!

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ah man I hope Billy Meakes comes to the Brumbies, we'd be very well set then.

Powell
Lealiifano
Muirhead
Meakes
Kuridrani
Speight
Banks

Lonergan
Hawera/JJH
Dargaville/JJH

Is there a reason Godwin isn't here? In all seriousness, I just googled to see if he was injured or signed elsewhere.

Honestly, I think Hawera could be a really good footballer and Christian's best football was at 12 (and he played alright at 15 too). He could play PLENTY of first receiver in general play at either of those positions. Banks can play wing for mine, Muirhead to bench.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
He's.... ok, but the Brumbies have a number of other options that would provide more in attack.

The groundsman for example, followed by the medical staff and then the mascot......

Good defender but that's where it ends.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
He's.... ok, but the Brumbies have a number of other options that would provide more in attack.

He was an average playmaker in age grade football, then had a year or two for the Force where he lit guys up with great feed pre-contact as a running center, then teams went back to using him as a playmaker.

Personally, I'd love to see him playing a bit of #13 but with Kuridrani that will rightfully not happen.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Godwin must be one of the most disappointing players to reach the heights of Super and test rugby in this country. He showed a lot of promise over a season or two at the Force, but has not reproduced that form since.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Is there a reason Godwin isn't here? In all seriousness, I just googled to see if he was injured or signed elsewhere.

Honestly, I think Hawera could be a really good footballer and Christian's best football was at 12 (and he played alright at 15 too). He could play PLENTY of first receiver in general play at either of those positions. Banks can play wing for mine, Muirhead to bench.

I disagree, I think Christians best footy was at 10, under Jake White. I think it was 2012 before his injury. I think McCabe was even at 12 at the time. Man, that was good rugby.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Godwin must be one of the most disappointing players to reach the heights of Super and test rugby in this country. He showed a lot of promise over a season or two at the Force, but has not reproduced that form since.

I recall his breakout season at the Force he was a superb attacking runner. Then that just disappeared from year 2 onwards and seemed to get worse and worse as the years went on. Although at least his defence is solid. Certainly not a bad player to have in your roster.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just in terms of what is best for the Brumbies; there might be some merit to the ball-running 12 outside Lilo at 10, but really our only option for that game plan is Smith at 12. Just as viable (though imo an even better policy) is Hawera at 10 and Lilo at 12; the system is pretty resistant to injuries, since Lilo can move to 10 and Godwin can cover 12, and it really gets the best out of Kuridrani to have that all-round 12 as his centre partner. Lilo's a 12, let's pick him there.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)

Lilo's best rugby has been at 10. He's been shuffled around, and is a very good 12, but he's best at 10.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
The Hawera/ Lilo 10 /12 conundrum is a good one to have and to ponder. It will also be interesting with a different influence and perspective on the backline with Hewat's oversight and Lilo's recent stint O/S.

Status
Not open for further replies.