• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2019

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Hunt will be 32 at the start of next season, and there are whispers about Kyle Eastmond or Duncan Paia'aua at Brumbies HQ. Little to no chance of Hunt coming to Canberra.
Kyle Eastmond? Really? That would be really, really disappointing in a 4-team environment.
Almost criminal considering the Brumbies already have some good options at 12 and then option like Paia'aua. Why look offshore at foreign players?

It would be a sad road to see the Brumbies go down. I can' t see it yielding much. Most likely blow up in their face and burn more bridges locally IMHO.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Personally hoping that Paia'aua is the one we get, but each day the Eastmond murmurs continue and the Paia'aua stories are fading.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Guess our hopes of a new coach are done and dusted...

ACT Brumbies throw support behind rookie coach Dan McKellar for 2019

McKellar is contracted until the next of next season but Brumbies boss Michael Thomson said there was "every indication he'll be with us for quite some time ......... We are really pleased with Dan."

Thomson praised McKellar's "man management" skills and said the 41-year-old had gelled a new coaching and playing group together with aplomb.
Source: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sp...ch-dan-mckellar-for-2019-20180709-p4zqea.html

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
JJH would possibly be a better 10 than 12, but without seeing how he can run a backline attack, I'm in the dark. At 12, however, he is too light for modern day Super Rugby and his defense is very questionable. I don't see him as being a quality Super player at all.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I thought McKellar did ok for a rookie first year senior coach - deserves another shot as playing the coaching merry go around not always a good thing - just ask Red supporters!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If they beat the Tahs on the weekend, the Brumbies will arguably finish the year as the top performing Aus conference team. Just not at the top of the ladder because of their poor early season form.

Conversely, if the Tahs win, they will unarguably finish the season as the top Aus team, not only on the ladder but in their end of season performances as well.

In any case, the Aus conference has been more attractive this year and has been more competitive with the NZ conference. More kudos for wins over the neighbours still might come out of the finals series.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think JJH has brought some energy off the bench when we've used him, and he has some promise at 12. Let's see what happens with him under McKellar next season.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
JJH would possibly be a better 10 than 12, but without seeing how he can run a backline attack, I'm in the dark. At 12, however, he is too light for modern day Super Rugby and his defense is very questionable. I don't see him as being a quality Super player at all.

I don't see him being any worse than the imcumbent you have now- if tackling is an issue adopt the old Waratahs swticheroo.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I don't see him being any worse than the imcumbent you have now- if tackling is an issue adopt the old Waratahs swticheroo.
Godwins been playing alright since he signed to move on

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Eastmond would be a massive surprise and not overly sure if it'd be a good signing given his injury issues. Would be less surprised to see him at the Raiders given their English combo there and another coming next season, and his Rugby League background.

If they want a ready made professional centre, would do worse than to look at Sam Johnson at Glasgow. Played a few games for the Reds, Titans u20s but has been a very good player for Glasgow the past 2 years. Still young enough to make an impact

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Anyone know what Joe Tomanes contract situtation is any chance of coming home

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
So reports are 10 Brumbies players were farewelled at a recent event

Brumbies currently have 41 players
Regular squad - 32
EPS -7: Fainga'a, Erasmus, Swain, Lonergan, Hansen, Am & Muirhead
Supp - 2: McInerney & Oakman-Hunt

Fakasolia is already gone, so that takes the Regular squad number to 31 (40 total)

SO Who are the 10?! - fyi Lealiifano was NOT one of them.